• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils to give Marty majority of starts for remainder or season.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.31.12 Postgame: Peter DeBoer - YouTube

From Deboer: "We're going to load him up". Was non-committal about Moose playing in the back to backs.

I think this makes sense for 2 reasons:

1. We're obviously going to have to pick a goalie and Hedberg as a 1b for his career is capable of making starts after not playing a lot.

2. If we're going to do anything in the playoffs one has to believe that Moose, although good, isn't going to lead us to glory hence you need to find a way to get Marty going. Even last year, his numbers didn't turn around until he was starting every game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Keep padding those stats Marty!

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I am unsure about this.. does anyone feel alright with Marty going into a 7 game series against the Rags or Bruins or even Philly..... cuz I sure don't

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
shouldnt be since im right

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

And dw, I know you and cup aren't exactly buds but as far as the question goes can you honestly say you're comfortable w it...? You need to earn the net game to game. Career has been second to none but ill just say let's hope he doesnt have 4-5 more stinkers, because that could very well cost us the playoffs

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad really knowing that if we are up by 1 in the third Marty will give it up almost every time.... don't get me wrong I think Marty is the best goalie ever to play the game but he just doesn't shut it down at all anymore

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm... don't know about this. Marty's age does need some nights off IMO.... if we make the playoffs, a well-rested/healthy Marty is better than a breakdown considering we're not exactly the most explosive offense in the world.

Moose should see some starts and get his game form in check too....

tough decision, still not a deboer fan yet....

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Uhm... don't know about this. Marty's age does need some nights off IMO.... if we make the playoffs, a well-rested/healthy Marty is better than a breakdown considering we're not exactly the most explosive offense in the world.

Moose should see some starts and get his game form in check too....

tough decision, still not a deboer fan yet....

Note: Deboer isn't saying that marty is going to start every game, but as long as the schedule allows marty will start. I'm sure Deboer is probably still going to get Moose starts in net when it get's really busy.

Also, I don't think anyone is definitely comfortable, but I don't see playoff success without marty being better, and this is the best way to get his game going. He needs to get starts and play alot. There's no doubt in my mind a week off hurt his game during the break.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
devils might as well have yan danis back there. its stupid marty isnt the #1 guy anymore its an even split between the two i think. moose did take a team to the ECF dont forget so he has playoff experience. now before you say that was 12 years ago...how long has it been since marty got that far?

im going to guess and say this is what we have to look forward to next year as well?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
devils might as well have yan danis back there. its stupid marty isnt the #1 guy anymore its an even split between the two i think. moose did take a team to the ECF dont forget so he has playoff experience. now before you say that was 12 years ago...how long has it been since marty got that far?

im going to guess and say this is what we have to look forward to next year as well?

ll your right of course Moose carried Mario & Jagr on his back that year

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you look at this game and you think that Marty is the biggest problem, you're crazy. We used to go through an entire playoff series without giving up this many chances.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
O dw. Great argument which brings me to the point mc just made. We didnt give up those chances because of Stevens and nieds dano to an extent. Hmmmmm just like moose carried jagr and mario. Stevens and nieds carried marty. It's no surprise 03 was the last playoffs they played together and last time any playoff success

You guys make it too easy.