• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

devils missed the boat again?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes we have gone over this before....but its kinda a new level

anyone see the rangers special on this week? 2hr show live from their practice. not sure what will be on it because i wont watch it. but what do the devils fans get after a lockout? a closed practice? you wonder why this team is having financial troubles? or why we dont have the fan base that we should? what else is usually running on msg? well every now and then you will see specials that focus in on a ranger player. i saw they had lundqvist callahan del zotto. i know msg and the rangers go hand in hand so chances are the devils couldnt do this...thing is though i dont think they WOULD do if they could!

just a shame it really is because after holding out the fans for so long on this kind of stuff i really do think the die hard fans out there will eat it up instantly! shit we have the "greatest" goalie of all time playing and outside of a speical with fran healy i havent seen anything on broduer! just really is sad!

hey they did come out with a 25 year anniversary book a few years back....i bought it and enjoyed it. gave it to my nephew who is 5 and a devils fan (his father is a ranger fan). o wait they didnt put that out the star ledger did and i was ok paying the $25 for it!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wish they would market themselves a bit more. Even if it is just Brodeur that they would promote. I get the whole nobody is bigger than the team mentality but he's the goaltender, I doubt the skaters would be threatened that he gets exposure.

I also wish they would do more promotional events, even if it was strictly youth oriented. More discounts for children under a certain age for certain games etc. Get them when they're young and they will be fans for life.

Or a few years back they had the meet the players lunch for season ticket holders, then it was only early renewal season ticket holders. How about season ticket holders get first crack at that, and then you could sell tickets for like $15, $20 bucks for general admission? I'd cough up $20 bucks for a meet and greet and lunch at the arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
exactly nasty.....i really dont get it.

even if im not a season ticket holder i still support the team and the players...imo STH should get special perks maybe discounts on stuff but i think things with the players should be open or like you said even sell tickets to anyone and everyone. because im not a sth makes me less of a fan and thus i cant go to a meet and greet?

i was on tg's blog the other day and what do i see on a side advertisement...ranger tickets lol.

there are a ton of ways the devils could make more money and still bring in more fans and even more money. ways that dont require the team to just go with a cheesy 3rd jersey money grab.

i know lou is behind all the cult ideology and i really do believe once he is gone beek will turn that around just amazed that he hasnt done so already. pssssssst just because you market the team doesnt mean the product on the ice will suffer lou

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/new-jersey-devils/89244-lets-go-devils-2.html

moto just posted that on the other thread (dont know how to bring on here) but its a PRIME example of what im talking about.....if im the devils i would FLOOD every single tv station i could with this shot. your coming off a trip to the finals you beat the flyers and killing the most hurtful ghost in the devils history the rangers and what do you do with that prime gold marketing? NOTHING! so fucking sad and pissed off

hit the radio waves with docs call on the final few seconds of that game. shit make it a rally cry for the fan base. something!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, marketing would put some ass in some seats..... But do the Devils have a problem with ticket sales? I'm a long way from The Rock, but when i watch on TV it seems packed.

Devils YouTube site:
https://www.youtube.com/user/NJDevilsOfficial/videos

The lower bowl, the high priced seats have a tougher time selling. The upper bowl is generally packed. It's not just about ticket sales though, it's about merchandising, creating recurring clients, making sure that there's no way other teams outdraw us in our own building. The playoffs last year were great, but the regular season is a different story.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
in a normal regular season you can go onto stubhub and get in for probably 75% below face on any ticket in the house! thats not even a remote exaggeration.

nasty is right its not just about putting people in the seats. this team has been around for 30 years in jersey.. tons of history already with this club how about an alumni game? how about packaging all those cup winning dvds into one? how about coming out with a "greatest games" dvd set? shit the dvd market is going to be gone in about 5-10 years what are they waiting for?

like i said it might not draw new fans into the gates but it will help generate some money and some interest in the fans that do exists. you cant tell me that the devils pr philosophy and their current financial situation isnt tied together?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A greatest games DVD would be awesome..teams with much less success have them (Philly) but we dont? Garbage.

Personally I always wanted the Devils to have a 3rd jersey...the Christmas jersey's are decent but an all black one with red lettering or the Jersey Devil in the middle would really generate some revenue..Id buy one.

The Brooklyn Nets generated a solid fan base already with cool jersey's.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool? I thought most outside of NY hated them?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool? I thought most outside of NY hated them?

IDK what the general public reaction to them was but I know they got a lot of buzz..and Im sure they are a top seller. NBA markets the hell outta the teams and players so to be top 5 or top 10 in jersey sales says something.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course the Devils can do more to market themselves in all areas.

With that said you can watch Game 6 against Florida right now. Part of MSG's Devils biggest games from last season.

Frankly, MSG doesn't produce the content about Devils players because not enough people would tune in.

For the practices. I definitely get that. I've been to a couple of the open practices for Carolina and Washington. It turns into a show for the fans, instead of what it should be.

It would have been nice to get to go to the scrimmage though.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all we do is win Eastern Conference Championships...

make the occasional Stanley Cup appearance, win a few, drop some....

Rags have open practice.. big whoop

:suds:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
mc no one is talking about opening up the practice and selling tix or concessions or having a party. nor opening a practice on game day or during the playoffs.

but once a month open one up keep it low key. the thing is how many people really can go to an open practice on a wed at noon? chances are not many. but its just the thought process. you know kinda like having someone over and offering dessert even though you know they wont want it?

but maybe im wrong and a lot of people would take off and bring their kid down there where is the harm in that? hell you ever see football practices? spring training?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care about the personal lives of these guys. They aren't my friends. I also think TOO much gets out now, I don't even like reporters at practices. Practice is the time to work on new wrinkles and game plans. It should be players, coaches, and front office only. But I guess I'm just old school.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
bet yet you check twitter?

there is obviously a HUGE huge huge huge following/market for these types of events. heck thats why they hold the draft in prime time these days.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is what the season ticket holders were emailed as their "reward"

Personally Inscribed Brick in Championship Plaza.
EXTENDED: Your opportunity to purchase tickets at 50% off for regular season games has been extended through Friday, January 25th at midnight.

Two Free Tickets to one of four games of your choice which will be mailed to you before January 22 Opening Night.

Little Devils Vouchers for four free tickets for kids under 12 to one of six games of your choice – redemption instructions will be sent soon via email.

Devils Den Red Carpet Rewards where you will enjoy a 20% discount only made available for Season Ticket Holders through January 31st for ALL purchases at the Newly Designed Devils Den. All you will need to show is your Season Ticket at the register to enjoy the savings.

Exclusive Watch Party where you can celebrate opening night Saturday, January 19 at the Rock, in one of our lounges (Click Here to RSVP). Please join us for appetizers, soft drinks and reduced bar prices.

Two Complimentary Tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft at the Rock for each account – instructions will be sent to you as the Draft approaches.

Exclusive Post-Game Skates on the main ice – you will be hearing from us soon with instructions to reserve your time to skate on the same sheet that Devils players played on earlier in the night.
An Exclusive Lapel Pin designed especially for Season Ticket Holders.

A Donation to Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund will be made by “Devils Care” on behalf of each Season Ticket Holder.

Season Ticket Holder Tuesdays where you will receive a special offer every Tuesday throughout the season, exclusively for Season Ticket Holders via your “Devils Army Rewards” email

all i can say is LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL