• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils may tell Parise to pack up...?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ah i remember hearing that same statement when they reported the 17 year deal first.

getting back to the story. there is noway the devils move him this year there is no reason to. they havent even tried to talk with him. and they are guranteed 1 more year of his servies. i dont think the going rate for a hurt player who is going to be a rfa is all that great this year.

next year? esp if this goes to arbitration which i bet it will. then yeah he SHOULD be traded because there is noway he comes back. i say should because knowing lou he will let him walk free at the end of the year

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to start talking to Parise. We cannot bank on Ilya alone to take us anywhere. Now Parise and Kovy, that's a team they can build around.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I think people keep forgetting is it was highly speculated grossman was leaking negotiating details to the press throughout the whole process for whatever reason. Don't give brooks so much credit, that shit this summer was spoon fed to him

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is if that were the case we may make out better with what may be awarded to us in picks losing him as a rfa than in a trade plus you would still have the chance to resign him.very poorly thought out article but it is the post

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is obviously an editorial, not a statement of fact, so debating that is pointless. However, the point made is the correct one, you don't let someone like Parise leave for nothing. He's better than Kovalchuk, and that cost two roster players, a top prospect, and a first.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is obviously an editorial, not a statement of fact, so debating that is pointless. However, the point made is the correct one, you don't let someone like Parise leave for nothing. He's better than Kovalchuk, and that cost two roster players, a top prospect, and a first.

^
this.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention another first, a third, and 3 mil for the original resigning contract submission last summer. So that was 2 first, 2 roster players, top prospect, and 3 mil. Ouch!
Agree though that Parise is the player I would rather build around instead of Kovolchoke.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I would give up ilya before parise any day of the week.ilya may be the bigger name in allot of eyes because of past performance but zach is younger just as skilled if not more and pure heart.losing zach from this team would be a major step backward.zach also possesses a very big trait that iota doesn't he's clutch in big situations not only can he put up 40 goals throughout any given year but he is able tori something even more impressive he gives you that 1 big goal when its on the game is on the line.that to me speaks volumes and is a stat far to overlooked.I understand its just editorial piece but come on if the guy wants to display an opinion by stating the obvious least put an interesting spin on it and don't leave out important facts.otherwise its typical ny post boring tabloid crap.their hockey coverage is pathetic at best I'll stick with tg and tsn for hockey news