• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils fans..... emerge

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the playoffs have ended and all hockey is gone until september, but for us this is in a way the start of a new beginning. in just 8 days well be at the draft, and solidifying what we've talked about, both here and in the swamp for a few years, the nj youth movement is not very real.

however unlike most teams we have a very solid base to build upon. its not from the ground up. this is a very exciting time to be a devils fan....

we've basically worn the topic of who we would want to pick dead but were almost there. then in just 2 weeks we move on to free agency. the future is looking bright everybody!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont think they will do anything with free agents. after the next draft the next big thing for this team playerwise is obviously parise but im going to assume the devils get him inked. its going to be what happens with marty...i'm a big believer that you dont need a $7 million dollar goalie to win the cup however after watching thomas one has to wonder? it cant hurt.....all depends on who the devils get to replace marty. i'm fine with giving a kid a shot that would mean no moose this year. and then bring in a UFA next season to replace him.

what are the goalies looking like in 2 years ufa?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with Cup, we're not going to have any money to bring in any outside free agents. Next season!.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, this goalie situation will drive me crazy. Mostly because I can't imagine Marty not being there in net night in and night out. Obviously, that day is coming soon. I just want to pretend for a while that it won't ;)

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not anticipating splashes by any stretch but let's be real ufas day is exciting none the less

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as Marty goes correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the last year of his contract? I get the feeling with atl moving to Winnipeg moose has every reason to resign here now and move his family up here. I think we could be seeing a split tandem for real this year

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah but the time comes for all. It's needed Imo gotta get fresh it's been almost 20 years. Problem I ha e with moose is when is a rookie going to get a real shot? Whoever the best Goalie prospect we have should be getting 15 starts next year

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think moose is a good stop gap. I am simply no frazee fan. I do not think he is a true able goalie let alone an nhl one.

Then I think we actually have an excellent stable of goalies. Kinkaid, clermont, and then I think Wedgewood is the rockstar of the group. However they are all spring chickens and very rarely do goalies seem to prosper long term if they're brought in before theyre about 21-22. Wedgewood won't even be 19 until later this summer.
I'm fine with one of those 3 getting a shot in the near future if they show they could be ready, but the fact for now is our best goalie prospects are too young for this year at least in the form of a full time gig. Next year is when they will get their real shots

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN has Graig's List draft ranking. Any comments?

1. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. Jonathan Huberdeau
3. Gabriel Landeskog
4. Ryan Murphy
5. Mika Zibanejad
6. Ryan Strome
7. Sean Couturier
8. Adam Larsson
9. Nathan Beaulieu
10.Jonas Brodin

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see our lineup essentially staying the same, no outside players being signed, just guys being brought up. It will suck when Marty leaves, but Clemmenson was able to succeed here and Moose was great when Marty was out. Our system will allow whoever steps in to do well. One more year and the Rolston contract is up.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN has Graig's List draft ranking. Any comments?

1. Ryan Nugent Hopkins
2. Jonathan Huberdeau
3. Gabriel Landeskog
4. Ryan Murphy
5. Mika Zibanejad
6. Ryan Strome
7. Sean Couturier
8. Adam Larsson
9. Nathan Beaulieu
10.Jonas Brodin

I get the feeling button lost his Calgary job for a reason, Larsson down to 8? Strome over couturier?