• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils about to Re-Sign Zubrus via TG 3 yr/3Mper

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree MadCapt, the blue line has been horrid.... and that is what I really want to see improved the most... Im fine with Zajac although he had a horrible season, hope he will rebound. I would like to keep Clarkson for the right price... but I think he is gone because he isn't worth what he will get.... Cant do anything about Zubs now, but we don't need both him and Elias... yet we probably will get them both back.... Other than that, I am fine with the 4th line, Truth, Kovy, JJ, Teds, and I really liked Loko, hope he can do more for us.... he seems to be that goal scorer that can be that silent killer.... a Lang type player in the playoffs that can really score you some clutch goals.... we will see....

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We think its hard to keep/get people now, wait til he's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
while that is true and nice of zubrus to say.

zubrus came here cause of lou.

parise/nieds/gomez/rafalski (to some extent) all left because of lou

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise: Family (money)
Neids: Family
Rafalski: honestly dont remember
Gomez: Money, and he was the perfect reason for the buyout. So it looks like it was VERY smart to let him walk

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rafalski: Hometown, Money, Family
Gomez: Money, and he was the perfect reason for the buyout. So it looks like it was VERY smart to let him walk

There you go. Yeah, you can't include Gomez on that list. Can you imagine the backlash if we gave him that contract?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rafalski: honestly dont remember

This^^^^

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol you ever get asked to go somewhere or do something you dont want to do? example...... "lets go out for drinks after work" nah i can't my wife she will get mad or whatever.

that is the exact same reason given for parise and neids. but hey keep dreaming it was really family and home.

as for gomez...you guys keep pointing out to him and that insane contract. here is the thing that NO ONE SEEMS TO REALIZE. HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THAT CONTRACT HE SHOULD'VE BEEN LOCKED UP LONG BEFORE THAT.

same with parise same with nieds yet they werent? wonder why that is.

but yeah lets keep zubs clarkson elias. 2 of the 3 are over 35. 2 of 3 are 3rd liners. lets let 2 future hall of famers walk 1 first line center on the team. another 2nd pairing d man.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you ever get asked to go somewhere or do something you dont want to do? example...... "lets go out for drinks after work" nah i can't my wife she will get mad or whatever.

that is the exact same reason given for parise and neids. but hey keep dreaming it was really family and home.

as for gomez...you guys keep pointing out to him and that insane contract. here is the thing that NO ONE SEEMS TO REALIZE. HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THAT CONTRACT HE SHOULD'VE BEEN LOCKED UP LONG BEFORE THAT.

but yeah lets keep zubs clarkson elias. 2 of the 3 are over 35. 2 of 3 are 3rd liners. lets let 2 future hall of famers walk 1 first line center on the team. another 2nd pairing d man.

I know it's not Lou's M.O. to offer contract extensions but how do you know they would accept an offer? You're assuming everyone would automatically agree to an extension. Also, how do we know there weren't talks behind the scenes and the players hinted they would test the market? In Gomez's case he made it clear for awhile that he wanted to test the market, more power to him, he got an insane contract. Lou never was one to announce his every thought and people within the organization are tight lipped. We literally don't know.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your 100% right we dont know if they would've taken the offer. i'm going to assume since no contract was even talked about until they were about ready to leave that is a pretty telling sign imo. like i said 2 future hall of fame players that come around pretty rare and you dont even offer them an extension during the season? i dont buy that for a second and if you do your a fool! something was cooking behind the scenes and to save face they went the family route.

or it could be like you said and no offer was given. if thats the case then lou fucked up big time imo

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be honest, no matter what the deal was Lou fucked up in your opinion, regardless that its painfully obvious it was the right move to let Gomez walk, Lou fucked up in your opinion. Ignoring the fact that NJ didn't have the money that Parise wanted, Lou fucked up. Ignoring the fact that Nieds took less money to go play with his brother, Lou fucked up. Because, to you, 80% of the time Lou fucks up. Even when the rest of the league say he's one of the best.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one knows what Lou offered but Lou. The guy is a psycho for keeping these trades/negotiations on the DL. Kovy, no one knew it was the Devils until the morning of. Schneider, no one knew until the moment it was said. Even some of the Devils own draft staff. You could see Conte going around the table whispering to the guys and gauging their reactions just before it was announced.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets be honest, no matter what the deal was Lou fucked up in your opinion, regardless that its painfully obvious it was the right move to let Gomez walk, Lou fucked up in your opinion. Ignoring the fact that NJ didn't have the money that Parise wanted, Lou fucked up. Ignoring the fact that Nieds took less money to go play with his brother, Lou fucked up. Because, to you, 80% of the time Lou fucks up. Even when the rest of the league say he's one of the best.

Dude my problem is the way they are handled before they get to ufa. Sorry but great gms dont take two future hall of famers to arbitration in salary talks. Actually i think nieds had to hold out.

This team would be a lot better off if he treated the stars the way they should be treated. Yet you guys seem all thrilled wjen a 3rd liner zubrus gets signed lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No one knows what Lou offered but Lou. The guy is a psycho for keeping these trades/negotiations on the DL. Kovy, no one knew it was the Devils until the morning of. Schneider, no one knew until the moment it was said. Even some of the Devils own draft staff. You could see Conte going around the table whispering to the guys and gauging their reactions just before it was announced.

I agree but seeing how there are no contract talks with franchise players until close to the ufa deadline is insane. Those type of talks are fact. We know that's how he does things. If you disagree it hasn't set this franchise back your lying to yourself

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And tilo I don't bash Lou. I loved the Kovy trade and his contract. Heck go out and sign bobby Ryan I will be happy. Go give clarkson 5 million I will be mad. Go give elias 5 years i will be mad.

Team needs anothsr young stud not a 35 year old role player

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to reiterate, we all pretty much have the same stances on Lou we've had for the past 5 years? Good, let's move on.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh, there's so few guys that are UFAs that I think would be a good fit. Bozak and Stalberg are interesting. Ribiero also, but he's older. Brunner from Detroit. I just can't see getting any of these guys for fair $ amounts. I guess that's the price of FA.

Next year there's a lot more.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing to think about is the shootout. This team is horrible at it.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Are you sure you remember the Gomez situation right? I seem to remember him being halfway out the door a year and a half before he hit free agency. Everything he said and did made it seem like he was going to go into UFA and take the best deal, be it from NJ or anyone else. He was never going to be locked up before UFA. Even if NJ offered him the $7 mil deal during the season he'd still go UFA.

Edit:

I'd also like to point out the fact that this report of Zubrus signing was released a few days after the Playoffs. It leeds me to believe that Lou doesn't actually wait till players to hit UFA anymore, assuming this was true beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure you remember the Gomez situation right? I seem to remember him being halfway out the door a year and a half before he hit free agency. Everything he said and did made it seem like he was going to go into UFA and take the best deal, be it from NJ or anyone else. He was never going to be locked up before UFA. Even if NJ offered him the $7 mil deal during the season he'd still go UFA.

I distinctly remember every Devils fan I know having a serious dislike for the guy that final season. There was no way he was staying here, especially when he made his initial salary demands well known during that final season. I believe he stated he wanted minimum $5 million per, which even that he wasn't worth let alone the $7+ million he got.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like its been pointed out, no one but Lou knows what Lou does. The trade was done Saturday night, and wasnt even known until its announced....

Just because WE dont hear things, doesnt mean things arent happening.