• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Celtics would be fools not to trade Rajon Rondo

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side not but not really enough for a whole new thread...

What if Melo just signs with BOS in the offseason. He has said he wants to be a FA and there have been reports that he is over the NY thing...BOS is not so far from there and with a pass first PG and a the scoring threat in Melo their rebuild could have become infinitely shorter with out sacrificing any picks. A 4 year contract with a team option for year 4 means if it is not working out they can drop him and Rondo and continue with their draft picks for the last 3 years all while most likely staying very relevant in the eyes of the fans.

Bottom line, BOS has so many option over the next few years thanks to draft picks that unless Gilbert owns them this team will have a very hard time not being good in a few years.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS
Kevin Love: Young PF May Be League's Best Despite Defensive Ability

Kevin Love is a super talent, but again, here in Boston we demand defensive culture. If he cant stop the big men than its a liability at times. But if you can pair him with someone with the right size and strength, its an amazing situation. Imagine him and Howard together. Let Howard be the defensive guy and Love the offensive. Yikes

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, you need to get out more often. The kid is real, and he is also really smart and a hustler. ...............and get ready............he plays tough on offense and defense. Celtics style

majoyenrac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOTSLAYER,

It may make sense if Melo moved to Boston in some paper capacity, but if I were Melo, I'd think given the age of the young guys they have and the picks, you'd worry that you could see a Cleveland, Sacto or heck even Minnesota situation for a couple of years there (Teams that have a ton of raw, young talent, but can't pull it together because let's face it, it's not a perfect science on draft choices).

If Boston picks right, they may be well poised in 2015 offseason to land a marquee free agent....but it's just so unknown that if I were Melo and I didn't stay in NY, I'd want to ensure I was leaving for a more ready area, than a hope on a 19 yr old kid....

I don't think Boston with Rondo would be the most appealing landing spot for Melo right now....I mean Kevin Love is a great player, but Minny's doing little (despite I'd say having pretty decent talent)....

Ainge isn't necessarily strongest in the draft (he's not awful as Rondo totally worked out), but you might recall he stockpiled a bunch of assets for the KG trade and of them only 1 really became a needle pusher and even he (Al Jefferson) was only a mild one.

Stevens is a little green as an NBA coach too.

Plus you gotta think if Melo stays in NY NY would be happy which would help his legacy a bit even if NY didn't do much (he'd be their I dunno Bernard King of this era)....whereas if he left NY and went to Boston, and it DIDN'T WORK OUT, he'd be totally killed....

Boston may be poised well after next year (depending on this draft and how they do), but I think it would be too many if's to draw a Melo this summer.

If I were Melo I'd want to either
a) stay in NY,

b) be traded to one of the LA teams (Lakers just cuz it's the Lakers), Clippers cuz I could see why he'd want to go there, but see no reason why the Clipps would deal Griffin.

c) Be traded to Dallas (cuz I know Cuban would treat him great, like royalty, and a Melo-Dirk mix would be fantastic for a couple years)

d) Be Traded to Chicago (Rose-Noah-Melo could be great, but CHi has concerns with whether Rose could be back), but Chicago has decent talent, and likely would have Mirotic and/or the Charlotte pick comign on top of their own picks...(and Chicago has a solid track record with picks).

I think Boston needs time, and 2014 offseason is too early if I were in his shoes.....

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, you need to get out more often. The kid is real, and he is also really smart and a hustler. ...............and get ready............he plays tough on offense and defense. Celtics style

You need to take you homer glasses off. I'm not the one claiming Sully will be better than Love in a couple of years.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once said Rule he would be better, but nice try.

Just said his offense will be very good within the next two years. Thats all I said.

To be clear, relative to offense, Sully does not look to be as good as Love.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With regards to Rondo guys, we have no idea what will play out. If Ainge pulls another Ray/KG deal with youngsters and picks, it could be that Rondo is slotted with guys his own age.

At this point, Danny is in asset acquisition and development mode, as he was from 2004 to 2007.

Its take assets to make deals

majoyenrac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take assets to make deals. Ainge has 1 asset, and some may take a feeler on Sullinger, but he's not quite a real asset just yet and his salary is too low to make him a worthy trade chip (plus he's not good enough yet to say I'll trade him with Wallace or Humphries to get a legit veteran).

Ainge would be silly to trade his 2014 upcoming first or any of the Nets picks just now.....

All this is why I think it's silly to hang onto Rondo, just to see his value dip.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think his value is dipping, at all, in fact, its rising as he gets healthier and healthier.

Every team needs a vet, and one unselfiish. Rondo is the perfect fit to teach the young lottery picks (If they dont trade them off for another Allen/Garnett type approach)

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Majoyenrac, worry about the Bulls. Rondo is the most complete point guard in the league and the one player on our roster that will allow us to attract quality free agents. If we let Rondo go, who will want to come to Boston so Phil Pressey or Jerryd Bayless can pass them the ball? Use your brain from time to time instead of trolling.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, you have a point about drawing free agents. Rondo likes to dish, what every star wants on his team

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have Danny Ainge for a GM and some kid from college pretending to be an NBA coach. You're five years out from anyone even noticing you're still in the NBA. Right now Charlotte is in better shape to contend.

this is coming from a guy who roots for a team that is in worse shape than the Celtics. Let's keep paying Kobe that will work!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone mentioned that Rondo is cancer?

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might be the Fox News slant. I challenge you to come up with any independent observation confirming your suspicion. I guarantee you every Lakers fan here, including yourself, would absolutely love for Rondo to be a part of your future. Sincerely, Mjolnir's Wielder.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might be the Fox News slant. I challenge you to come up with any independent observation confirming your suspicion. I guarantee you every Lakers fan here, including yourself, would absolutely love for Rondo to be a part of your future. Sincerely, Mjolnir's Wielder.

I would LOVE to see Rondo running D'Antoni's offense.

Can I interest you in a slightly used 7 foot Spaniard with an expiring contract for him?

He'd make a great mentor for your young bigs!!:whistle:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is no Peyton, the guy comes through in the clutch. :nod:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eacZF-GRSqc]ESPN Boston: Rondo gets hit by ball - YouTube[/ame]