• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB was at home. Score? Cowboys just throttled the Lions. We'll see how y'all make out with them this week. Don't choke...

Umm GB lost to terrible teams by a far larger margin when they had a depleted secondary and injured LB corps. I can't wait to face Detroit since they're notorious chokers in the end of the year. Then I would be doing cartwheels if we get to face your rookie QB since no rookie QB has ever made it to the SB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm GB lost to terrible teams by a far larger margin when they had a depleted secondary and injured LB corps. I can't wait to face Detroit since they're notorious chokers in the end of the year. Then I would be doing cartwheels if we get to face your rookie QB since no rookie QB has ever made it to the SB.
No rookie QB had the Cowboys OLine and Zeke either...

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rookie QB had the Cowboys OLine and Zeke either...

I always thought Emmititis was drafted the same year as Aikman but I guess it was one year later.

Which O-line was better the 90's O-line or the O-line today?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Emmititis was drafted the same year as Aikman but I guess it was one year later.

Which O-line was better the 90's O-line or the O-line today?

Neither line is as great as you want them to be.

The 90s line was made up of cast offs and second stringers that nobody else wanted. The two greatest OLs of all time where the 70s Raiders and the Hogs in DC

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 90s line was made up of cast offs and second stringers that nobody else wanted. The two greatest OLs of all time where the 70s Raiders and the Hogs in DC

Star, I wouldn't consider Tuinei, Newton and Williams cast offs and 2nd stringers.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cowboy's in the 90's had a better defense... Aikman was also a stud, loved his game...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, I wouldn't consider Tuinei, Newton and Williams cast offs and 2nd stringers.

Nate Newton made his first Pro Bowl in 1992 at the age of 31 after 6 seasons in Dallas, he then made it every year until 1996 and again in 1998.

Mark Tuinei made his first Pro Bowl in 1994 at the age of 34 after 11 seasons in Dallas, he made it again in 1995.

Mark Stepnoski made his first Pro Bowl in 1992 at the age of 25 then made it every year after until 1996, although he left Dallas after the 1994 season.

Erik Williams made his first Pro Bowl in 1993 at the age of 25 and went again in 96, 97 and 99, although after his car accident in 1994 he was never the same player again.

Josh Gesek never made the Pro Bowl and left Dallas after 1993, he was out of the league 2 years later.

Kevin Gogan made his first Pro Bowl in 1994 after leaving Dallas, Derek Kennard never made the Pro Bowl, Ray Donaldson made the Pro Bowl at the age of 37 and 38 in Dallas in 1995 and 1996.

Let's not even get into guys like Solomon Page, Everett McIver and others.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Newton made his first Pro Bowl in 1992 at the age of 31 after 6 seasons in Dallas, he then made it every year until 1996 and again in 1998.

Mark Tuinei made his first Pro Bowl in 1994 at the age of 34 after 11 seasons in Dallas, he made it again in 1995.

Mark Stepnoski made his first Pro Bowl in 1992 at the age of 25 then made it every year after until 1996, although he left Dallas after the 1994 season.

Erik Williams made his first Pro Bowl in 1993 at the age of 25 and went again in 96, 97 and 99, although after his car accident in 1994 he was never the same player again.

Josh Gesek never made the Pro Bowl and left Dallas after 1993, he was out of the league 2 years later.

Kevin Gogan made his first Pro Bowl in 1994 after leaving Dallas, Derek Kennard never made the Pro Bowl, Ray Donaldson made the Pro Bowl at the age of 37 and 38 in Dallas in 1995 and 1996.

Let's not even get into guys like Solomon Page, Everett McIver and others.

I guess your view of 2nd stringers are a little different than mine. As you pointed out, everyone I listed were multi pro bowlers. No doubt about Erik and that car accident.

For me, I still think the 77 OL was the best.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this line being younger and this good in today's NFL makes them better than the 90's line but I definitely agree about Washingtons hogs and the 70's Raiders being all-time great. Actually, the 60's and 70's had a few really good O-lines for that era. But the game was quite a bit different too. Today, almost every team has at least one if not two outstanding edge rushers and QB's drop back to pass more then they ever did. These guys have to be way more athletic than their predecessors.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 60s Browns OL was pretty good too.

The point of my post is that the Cowboys line was EXACTLY second stringers and castoffs. Virtually NONE of them saw a pro bowl until after Emmitt Smith was drafted. All of them had played for YEARS except for Stepnoski. People act like they were all HOF level talent that was out there killing the league.

That unit was practically rebuilt every year with some other scrub like Gesek or McIver that they found.......and there was very little drop off. But none of those guys will see the HOF unless they buy a ticket.

I just get tired of this fish story that they were the "GREATEST OL OF ALLLLLL TIME!!!!!!" that haters always spin. Now we got fools telling us the current OL is the greatest.

GTFOH.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just get tired of this fish story that they were the "GREATEST OL OF ALLLLLL TIME!!!!!!" that haters always spin. Now we got fools telling us the current OL is the greatest.

GTFOH.
I understand what you are saying but that is the way people are, isn't it. They always say things like greatest ever when guys haven't even been around long enough for a cup-o-coffee.It happens everywhere and the media is the worst. I do think the early 90's line wasn't as great as some people remember but they were coached really well and Emmitt and Aikman were great players. People also seem to be forgetting the Cowboys had a really good defense as well in the early 90's.
This new Oline is really good but time will tell just how good in the big picture, historically speaking.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C0ppyMyUsAAWkS8.jpg:large
This is pass interference on Detroit ;)

No, but this is...

upload_2016-12-29_9-40-30.png

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th PF on the tackle of Zeke should be an affront to fans of the game everywhere, regardless of rooting interest. That said, your team is really good. It's hard for me to believe that the Giants beat them twice.. and I even watched one of those games.
Is a penalty there something that seems to go against the physical nature of Football??? Yes, but the jackass shouldn't have picked him up and threw him down. It's his own fault and it was a penalty, so be mad at him. I hate whining about refs. Plus you could see him acting like a bitch a couple of times during the game. He gave him a little extra on purpose.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a penalty there something that seems to go against the physical nature of Football??? Yes, but the jackass shouldn't have picked him up and threw him down. It's his own fault and it was a penalty, so be mad at him. I hate whining about refs. Plus you could see him acting like a bitch a couple of times during the game. He gave him a little extra on purpose.
Lmao he was a fool all night. He even tried to mock Elliot with the feed me down by 21. :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this line being younger and this good in today's NFL makes them better than the 90's line but I definitely agree about Washingtons hogs and the 70's Raiders being all-time great. Actually, the 60's and 70's had a few really good O-lines for that era. But the game was quite a bit different too. Today, almost every team has at least one if not two outstanding edge rushers and QB's drop back to pass more then they ever did. These guys have to be way more athletic than their predecessors.
Not yet. But sure seems when all is said and done it will turn out that way. 3 players that are likely the absolute best at their position in the entire league and still very young...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not whining about the refs nor think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. But I've never seen that called on a tackle of an RB.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not whining about the refs nor think it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. But I've never seen that called on a tackle of an RB.

It was called on the 49ers against the Cowboys earlier this year as well