• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeSean Jackson

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just read that of DeSean Jackson's 58 catches last year, only 2 of them came in the red-zone. Only 4 of his 47 catches in 2010 came in the red-zone. Of his 105 catches the last two years, only 6 have come in the red-zone (5.7%).

I don't want to point at any one thing like many people would to answer why it's so low but that made my eyebrows go up a little bit. I don't know if it's more fluky or telling of something. I just thought it was worth making note of even though I, myself, hate to assume what it means because I haven't seen enough and I'm not there.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just read that of DeSean Jackson's 58 catches last year, only 2 of them came in the red-zone. Only 4 of his 47 catches in 2010 came in the red-zone. Of his 105 catches the last two years, only 6 have come in the red-zone (5.7%).

I don't want to point at any one thing like many people would to answer why it's so low but that made my eyebrows go up a little bit. I don't know if it's more fluky or telling of something. I just thought it was worth making note of even though I, myself, hate to assume what it means because I haven't seen enough and I'm not there.

to me not surprising, cause he's most dangerous in the open field.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to me not surprising, cause he's most dangerous in the open field.

Agreed.. If you think about it, DeSean does not have the ideal size to be a red zone target. He is a speed/quickness type WR and since the space in the red zone is limited, it is harder to get open with the congestion of bodies in the area

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.. If you think about it, DeSean does not have the ideal size to be a red zone target. He is a speed/quickness type WR and since the space in the red zone is limited, it is harder to get open with the congestion of bodies in the area

You'd think the Eagles would do what the 49ers did to get Crabtree a TD in the redzone. Line Desean up in the slot and then put him in motion so that the defense is trailing him where it is his speed getting him open instead of trying to out muscle the DB at the line of scrimmage

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems quite low. Some obvious thoughts spring to mind, and it would be meaningful to know the number of red-zone passes the Eagles attempted and the number of those plays that Jackson was on the field for.

As an example, during the 2011 reg. season, Smith attempted 63 passes in the red-zone, completing 26. He targeted Crabtree 15 times, completing 8. And, if we add Akers completion to Crabtree then of Crabtree's 72 receptions, 9 were in the red-zone or 12.5%.

This certainly doesn't say how many of those 63 attempts Crabtree was on the field for but if we draw just a general comparison then it seems DJ's numbers are low.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think the Eagles would do what the 49ers did to get Crabtree a TD in the redzone. Line Desean up in the slot and then put him in motion so that the defense is trailing him where it is his speed getting him open instead of trying to out muscle the DB at the line of scrimmage

That play just seemed too easy - we used the same play on the two-point conversion to Crabtree as well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a fluke. The shorter the field gets, the more his strengths are negated. He's always been a one dimensional WR.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any stat on targets in the red zone?