• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desean Jackson

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the sports radio out here that multiple teams including the Seahawks have inquired about Desean Jackson. Has anybody heard about this rumor?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pure bs,he doesn't fit into the budget.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they inquired. The Hawks "inquire" about everything.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Inquire in the sports media world has turned into interested apparently.

Any GM worth their salt should at least inquire if a talented player hits the trading block but it doesn't mean they are seriously interested.

The only scenario I see him going to the Hawks (and the 9ers for that matter) is if he gets cut and signs something in the 5 million dollar range but the odds of that are slim since he's a guy that wants to get paid so I can see a team like the Jets winning that sweepstakes.

He doesn't want to restructure so I can't see the Hawks going out of their way to not only give up a draft pick but figure out a way to squeeze him into the cap. Especially when they just traded for Harvin a year ago who was brought in to fill that speedy explosive playmaker role. So I don't see how anyone thinks a run the play play good defense team is going to tie up 20 million in cap space with two speedy explosive guys.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inquire in the sports media world has turned into interested apparently.

Any GM worth their salt should at least inquire if a talented player hits the trading block but it doesn't mean they are seriously interested.

The only scenario I see him going to the Hawks (and the 9ers for that matter) is if he gets cut and signs something in the 5 million dollar range but the odds of that are slim since he's a guy that wants to get paid so I can see a team like the Jets winning that sweepstakes.

He doesn't want to restructure so I can't see the Hawks going out of their way to not only give up a draft pick but figure out a way to squeeze him into the cap. Especially when they just traded for Harvin a year ago who was brought in to fill that speedy explosive playmaker role. So I don't see how anyone thinks a run the play play good defense team is going to tie up 20 million in cap space with two speedy explosive guys.

and the worst part about this guy is that not only does he not want to restructure his contract but he wants to get paid MORE, didnt he tell the eagles he wanted to get a new contract because he out played his 10mil a year? honestly this man doesnt care about winning he just wants to get as much money as he can. I dont blame him but I think winning teams are built on players or are unselfish

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petes gonna go bigger at WR … We have our quick slot guy's already… On the outside Pete wants bigger guy's…. He's gonna Implement that this year… And I"m not implying smaller guy's can't play on the outside just saying Pete likes going big … Did that at USC

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little stunned to hear the Hawks were brought up and in no way do I want Desean on this team anyways. I agree that the Jets will probably be front runners for his services now that Vick signed for a year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks hadn't traded for Percy Harvin I think it would have made sense, but given the Seahawks budget concerns, as Harold mentioned, it doesn't make sense.

Plus, as Boogie mentioned, the Seahawks are looking to get bigger at WR. If we are going to tie up more cap room at WR it is likely to be a bigger guy.

If the Seahawks want to trade for another WR, Josh Gordon is said to be available. Big guy, superstar player and is at a cheap cap number.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way it would work for the Seahawks financially is if they sent proven players back to Philly (yes, I said players) in exchange for Jackson and that wouldn't be an intriguing option given that it would create more holes to fill and tie up too much money in the receiver position. Trying to avoid tying up too much money in the receiver position is why they cut Rice and didn't go out of their way to appease Tate, leading him to sign with Detroit, in the first place.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton said Jackson would have to take a pretty large pay cut to come to to Seattle today on ESPN. It aint happening.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should (and of course can) inquire about every free agent/trade block.

DeSean doesn't fit in on this team given the money that Harvin has already locked up. Don't get me wrong, I love to think Madden in real life and assume we can somehow sign Jackson/Allen and trade for Calvin Johnson, but it ain't happening.

Seattle will probably sign Allen to a 2 year $16M deal and call it a day until draft which is perfectly fine. Kearse/Baldwin/Harvin - I'd already be comfortable going into the season with those 3 starting.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's expecting a kings ransom where ever he goes. We don't have the cap space for this and absolutely too much overlap with Harvin and Baldwin on this roster.

Plus the guy is a headcase who can't even get along with Chip Kelly who let's his players run around like rabid animals off the field.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, HELLzzz NO! Keep that piece of crap away from our team!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not interested in him at all for our team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are interested only in the misinformation that any interest would provide.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure how he fits.

I won't complain, though.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd like to see DeSean Jackson on the Seahawks I don't see how they could possibly fit his contract onto the books. Even if he's cut, he's still going to command a salary more than the Hawks can pay beyond this season. Fun to think about though.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the amount of players the Seahawks have either cut or lost in free agency, they're probably going to be linked to every transaction rumor that comes across the wire from now until training camp. People in the media and even in the fanbase are concerned that the Seahawks have lost a lot more than they've gained on the free agent market and that they don't seem all that interested in balancing that out again.

So naturally, if the Seahawks even inquire about a player, they're included in the list of "interested teams" even if their "interest" in that player only goes as far as confirming that he's available. The fact that the Seahawks don't have a ton of cap space to work with this year (and even less if they manage to land Allen) and have to structure any multi-year deal in a way that'll allow them to re-sign the guys that they'll need (and want) to re-sign in the next couple of years, doesn't seem to stop people from assuming that they must be in on every available player at a position of need.

At the very least, they should separate the "interested" teams by their level of interest and/or their realistic ability to acquire a player or players. I might be interested in a Ferrari and might even ask about one, but since I can't afford it it would be kinda dumb to count me among the prospective buyers who also asked and who actually have the means to do more than just ask. Know what I mean?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breakdown of his contract situation. Again, can't see the Seahawks able to pull this off. SF is in a even worse position capwise so they can't pull anything off either. Basically, there are options, but there are teams better suited to make the best of it, not the Seahawks.

Jackson's 'as good as gone' in Philadelphia with cap hits on his current deal over the next three years of $12.75M in 2014, $12M in 2015, and $10.5M in 2016. His cap number would be $10.75M in 2014 to any team that trades for him. The team that acquires Jackson and does not renegotiate his deal would absorb the cap hit in 2014 but then owe him zero guaranteed money in 2015/2016, so there's some advantage there. No dead money. No signing bonus. Just cash. The zero-guaranteed-money issue is why Jackson would perhaps be open to a renegotiation.

And overthecap had this specificially to say about it:

The issue for Jackson moving forward is that the receiver market took a major step back in 2014. Eric Decker, the most highly regarded receiver available, received just $7.5 million a year with $15 million guaranteed. Decker came off a 1200 yard season in Denver but faced knocks about not being a true number 1 receiver and that part of his production was based on the QB and system in Denver rather than his ability. I would think Jackson would face those same criticisms.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to profootballtalk, the Seahawks have no interest in Jackson whatsoever and the 49ers organization has denied having interest in him as well, which is pretty much in line with what we've been saying here and which also makes sense given both teams' financial situations.

I think he eventually ends up with Vick and the Jets since they're the only team that I know of that has openly expressed interest in him.

Seahawks have ?no interest at all? in DeSean Jackson | ProFootballTalk