• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depth Chart Game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this is for you Randymon. Since Training Camp is still a week away (I think the Rookies have to report a few days earlier than everybody else but officially it does start the 31st) I thought we could do a Depth Chart competition to see who gets the closest to the real 53-man roster.

So a few rules because well can't just pick the usual suspects. Have to mix it up just a bit here.

1) You have to pick one of the UDFA rookies to actually make the 53-man roster. The Broncos have the longest streak I think in the NFL still going of one making the roster so it has to continue this year.

2) You have to pick a guy off the Practice Squad from last year to make the team as well.

3) You have to have one big surprising cut that no one saw coming. This means Colquitt is out of the picture as he is definitely in a heated battle to remain on this team.

Point system is based on 1 point for every correct player and a 5 point bonus for guessing correctly any of the 3 rules above.

Now just to give you a bit of help here is a list of the Practice Squad that the Broncos originally started out with last year...

Shaq Barrett (OLB/DE)
Nathan Palmer (WR)
Kapri Bibbs (RB)
John Boyett (Safety)
Matt Paradis (OL)
Gerell Robinson (WR/TE)
Zac Dysert (QB)
Bennie Fowler (WR)
Zach Thompson (DE)

Here are the UDFA Rookies...

Zaire Anderson (LB)
Matt Miller (WR)--I think he already got cut though
Dillon Day (OL)
Kyle Roberts (OL)
Jordan Taylor (WR)
Josh Watson (DT)
Chuka Ndulue (NT)
Conner Rains (OT)
Kalon Davis (OL)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your awesome buddy. Ok I just saw this so I`am going to get back at ya brother in a bit after I do some thinking,etc:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your awesome buddy. Ok I just saw this so I`am going to get back at ya brother in a bit after I do some thinking,etc:)

No problem man...Always aim to please. Don't worry I am still thinking on this too. Coming up with 53 names out of 90 is not so easy especially when you have a few parameters like I put.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cd isn`t Jordon Rice a UDFA ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cd isn`t Jordon Rice a UDFA ?

I think the guy you are thinking of is Jordan Taylor who played for Rice. IF that is the case then yes he is an UDFA Rookie for us.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Well I was sort of close anyway. Can we pick 2 guys off practice squad and UDFA? :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Well I was sort of close anyway. Can we pick 2 guys off practice squad and UDFA? :)

Oh yeah have at it. I actually have 4 of the guys off our practice squad from last year making the team this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I`am just going to give ya my top two in each category ( first one being fav) starting with UDFA`s to make team.... First guy on your list... Zaire Anderson and then going with Jordon Taylor wr from Rice. I get Bleacher report everyday via email and also watch NFL Live and Insiders pretty much everyday and then record NFL Access as well ( I know I got a prob) and those two guys I`ve being hearing about more than others. Some from coaches and some from players talking these guys up some. I`am also partial to Jordon because not just the good vibes he`s been getting but he wears #87 so kinda partial I guess to him. Heard a lot of positives on Zaire as well. Ok Practice squad...... You already know my fav from earlier and I think he is going to take a roster spot from..... (can`t say just yet till last part) but he`s Bibbs of course:) I just have a feeling he is really going to have a great camp and earn a good spot. I also like Barrett. Yes because he is CSU product but also have been hearing some good things as well. That is prob toughest group to see guys go because ya know them better now and rootin for all to make it:). Ok since I prob gave away a tad with Bibbs I`am going to say Hilman is a surprise cut. Heard he has struggled some and just think Bibbs will show enough to Bronco brass for them to be confident enough to show Hilman the door. I like him though and thought he did much better last yr. Just think Bibbs will fit z blkg better. I will say also, that although many think Caldwell would NOT be a surprise cut, I would put him there also. If you look at roster behind DT, Sanders and yet to be proven Latimore, there is virtually no expierience and if one of the big boys went down, their going to need a vet who knows the system and Manning and has shown he can be reliable when given the chance. So I would be surprised one of the young guys,at least at this point, gives Denver confidence enough to play them over Caldwell ifin a something happened to DT or Sanders. Ok my man, that`s what I gots so far :)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Have never attempted this before, but here goes nothing ... First, I have four guys (Barret, Bibbs, Fowler, and Paradis) from last year's PS making the 53-man this year. Second, as far as I know, Efrem Oliphant, the OLB from Houston who we signed as an UFA a couple of months ago, is still on the team, so he is my UFA pick to make the 53, though I think it is far more likely that he makes the PS. Third, not really sure that either qualifies as a "big name", but I think that both Hillman and Caldwell are likely to be cut. With those requirements (hopefully) met, here is my list:

QB

1. Manning

2. Osweiler

OL

1. Sambrailio

2. Garland

3. Gradkowski

4. Vasquez

5. Clark

6. Schofield

7. Paradis

8. Garcia

9. Harris

TE/FB

1. Daniels

2. Green

3. Casey

4. Duncan

5. Jensen

RB

1. Anderson

2. Ball

3. Thompson

4. Bibbs

WR

1. Thomas

2. Sanders

3. Latimer

4. Fowler

5. Burse

DL

1. Jackson

2. Williams

3. Wolfe

4. Walker

5. Austin

6. Youbouty

7. Kilgo

LB

1. Miller

2. Trevathon

3. Marshall

4. Ware

5. Ray

6. Barret

7. Barrow

8. Johnson

9. Oliphant

CB

1. Harris

2. Talib

3. Roby

4. Doss

S

1. Ward

2. Stewatrt

3. Bruton

4. Bush

5. Bolden

P/K/LS

1. Barth

2. Colquit

3. Brewer

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah have at it. I actually have 4 of the guys off our practice squad from last year making the team this year.[/QUOT
Okay. Have never attempted this before, but here goes nothing ... First, I have four guys (Barret, Bibbs, Fowler, and Paradis) from last year's PS making the 53-man this year. Second, as far as I know, Efrem Oliphant, the OLB from Houston who we signed as an UFA a couple of months ago, is still on the team, so he is my UFA pick to make the 53, though I think it is far more likely that he makes the PS. Third, not really sure that either qualifies as a "big name", but I think that both Hillman and Caldwell are likely to be cut. With those requirements (hopefully) met, here is my list:

QB

1. Manning

2. Osweiler

OL

1. Sambrailio

2. Garland

3. Gradkowski

4. Vasquez

5. Clark

6. Schofield

7. Paradis

8. Garcia

9. Harris

TE/FB

1. Daniels

2. Green

3. Casey

4. Duncan

5. Jensen

RB

1. Anderson

2. Ball

3. Thompson

4. Bibbs

WR

1. Thomas

2. Sanders

3. Latimer

4. Fowler

5. Burse

DL

1. Jackson

2. Williams

3. Wolfe

4. Walker

5. Austin

6. Youbouty

7. Kilgo

LB

1. Miller

2. Trevathon

3. Marshall

4. Ware

5. Ray

6. Barret

7. Barrow

8. Johnson

9. Oliphant

CB

1. Harris

2. Talib

3. Roby

4. Doss

S

1. Ward

2. Stewatrt

3. Bruton

4. Bush

5. Bolden

P/K/LS

1. Barth

2. Colquit

3. Brewer
I remember that lb you mentioned, Oliphant ,and I remember saying " I like the name anyway and will root for him" or something like that when I believe it was you then Td that brought his name up back then. Just haven't heard nothing about him since. Seems to me he might of played for Washington maybe before? Could be another Oliphant though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2015-7-20_20-38-39.png

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that lb you mentioned, Oliphant ,and I remember saying " I like the name anyway and will root for him" or something like that when I believe it was you then Td that brought his name up back then. Just haven't heard nothing about him since. Seems to me he might of played for Washington maybe before? Could be another Oliphant though.

I do remember posting something about Oliphant after we signed him a couple of months ago, Randy. He played college last year, so he has never played in the league before. He's not listed on our roster on espn.com, so I'm not sure if he was already released, but I can't find any news reports about that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oliphant from what I can tell is no longer with the team. From what I can tell he was an invitee to the Rookie Camp where they can go beyond the 90 on the roster to start off with but he was not invited back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for my list...

QB--Peyton Manning Brock Osweiler--Might be the easiest group to predict on the roster.

RB--CJ Anderson, Montee Ball, Kapri Bibbs, and JuWann Thompson

TE--Virgil Green, Owen Daniels, James Casey, Joe Don Duncon

WR--DT, Emmanuel Sanders, Cody Latimer, Jordan Norwood, Bennie Fowler, and Isaiah Burse

OL--Ty Sambrailo, Ben Garland, Gino Gradkowski, Louis Vasquez, Ryan Harris, Chris Clark, Max Garcia, Matt Paradis, and Michael Schofield

Defense

DL--Derek Wolfe, Sly Williams, Malik Jackson, Vance Walker, Marvin Austin, Kenny Anunike, and Antonio Smith

LB--DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Todd Davis, Shane Ray, Von Miller, Zaire Anderson, Lerentee McCray, Lamin Barrow

Corner--Chris Harris, Aqib Talib, Kayvon Webster, Bradley Roby, Lorenzo Doss

Safety--Darian Stewart, TJ Ward, David Bruton, Omar Bolden, and Josh Bush

Special Teams

K--Connor Barth
P--Karl Schmitz
LS--Aaron Brewer

I think that should add up to 53...

So my Undrafted rookie is that of Zaire Anderson. The linebacker core is crowded for sure but I could see the team deciding he would be a nice addition with his speed especially for that of Special Teams. I have him beating out Steven Johnson.

My Practice Squad guys are Kapri Bibbs, Matt Paradis, and Bennie Fowler. I had a 4th but decided against that of Shaq Barrett. I love him as a player and he is my dark horse to make this team but I just think the Linebacker position is maybe the most stacked on the team.

That leads me to my surprise cut. I honestly don't see this happening but wanted a little more shocking one. Danny Trevathan. Injuries are starting to catch up with this guy and while I hope he can fully recover and be that emotional leader on the field for us I could also see him struggling and with the depth of the position the coaches decide to make next years decision of who to hold onto by letting Trevathan go out of the equation. Again I honestly don't expect this to happen but had to think of one and he is the one starter that I think has the most question marks about him other than Peyton and come on we are not cutting Peyton.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Trev your saying the struggling part will be getting on field/ staying on the field, not 3-4 scheme learning issues,right? To tell ya the truth,everytime I hear or read about Trev injuries he`s had, it makes you wonder how long either leg will hold out. I really like the kid and he did such an amazing job when he was thrust in there,but you really fear for this guys future, health wise. Like you said also, cap space next yr can doom a few players who don`t stay on field or produce at a high level and for sure Trev will be in that mix no doubt. Good job Cd and Td. I would put up depth list but it wouldn`t vary much from yours except I think Caldwell gets another shot. Well done Gents.:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with Trev your saying the struggling part will be getting on field/ staying on the field, not 3-4 scheme learning issues,right? To tell ya the truth,everytime I hear or read about Trev injuries he`s had, it makes you wonder how long either leg will hold out. I really like the kid and he did such an amazing job when he was thrust in there,but you really fear for this guys future, health wise. Like you said also, cap space next yr can doom a few players who don`t stay on field or produce at a high level and for sure Trev will be in that mix no doubt. Good job Cd and Td. I would put up depth list but it wouldn`t vary much from yours except I think Caldwell gets another shot. Well done Gents.:suds:

Yeah I don't think the 3-4 switch will be as big of a deal as some make it out to be. The Broncos played a lot of 4-3 under last year which is a fancy 3-4 big defense in my opinion. So Trevathan and Marshall both have some experience playing a little more in the middle. They both if healthy also have the athleticism to handle being on the inside. Heck if correct Trevathan posted that he ran a 4.45 the other day and is still not 100% yet. If he has his speed back then the sky is the limit for the guy this season.

Also like I said I don't think he gets cut. He is either the emotional leader of our defense or back on IR again this season. I think that is about the only two choices. I really do hope he stays healthy though as he was the one guy in 2013 with all of the injuries we had on the defense that kept that unit together. He was the one guy that when we absolutely needed a big play found a way to make that play. Also having 2 coverage linebackers like Trev and Marshall on the field at the same time allows us to have Miller and Ware going after the QB on a more regular basis. It also allows us to send that 5th guy more often such as having a NASCAR package with Ware, Miller, and Ray on the field at the same time.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the 3-4 switch will be as big of a deal as some make it out to be. The Broncos played a lot of 4-3 under last year which is a fancy 3-4 big defense in my opinion. So Trevathan and Marshall both have some experience playing a little more in the middle. They both if healthy also have the athleticism to handle being on the inside. Heck if correct Trevathan posted that he ran a 4.45 the other day and is still not 100% yet. If he has his speed back then the sky is the limit for the guy this season.

Also like I said I don't think he gets cut. He is either the emotional leader of our defense or back on IR again this season. I think that is about the only two choices. I really do hope he stays healthy though as he was the one guy in 2013 with all of the injuries we had on the defense that kept that unit together. He was the one guy that when we absolutely needed a big play found a way to make that play. Also having 2 coverage linebackers like Trev and Marshall on the field at the same time allows us to have Miller and Ware going after the QB on a more regular basis. It also allows us to send that 5th guy more often such as having a NASCAR package with Ware, Miller, and Ray on the field at the same time.
:10::agree::suds:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone sees Ronnie Hillman as a dead man walking? Just curious. I still think Hillman could provide a better change of pace back than Thompson or Bibbs.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone sees Ronnie Hillman as a dead man walking? Just curious. I still think Hillman could provide a better change of pace back than Thompson or Bibbs.

I happen to think that Thompson has a chance to be special, but I also realize that I am no expert. Definitely think that Hillman has also shown glimpses, however.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happen to think that Thompson has a chance to be special, but I also realize that I am no expert. Definitely think that Hillman has also shown glimpses, however.

You could be right. I like Juwann Thompson too but I know that the Broncos brass drafted Hillman and that usually means he'll get more chances to make the team. Just my opinion at this point. Of course, Kubiak has no loyalties to Hillman.