• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Nuggets appear to be tanking...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could now pencil them as the worst team in the west, at least on paper. Mike Malone is a good coach and this team could overachieve, however.

This first rounder from Houston is going to be an extremely late one. I would have much rather gotten Brandon Jennings and Jodie Meeks and maybe a 2nd rounder for Lawson and perhaps Foye, but as it stands they'll give it their best shot at going for the #1 pick next year to add another building block to pair with Mudiay.

Tanking rarely works in the NBA and especially with the newest CBA that focused largely on creating parity around the league. Hence, I don't really care for this deal for Denver. Gallo ain't going to sign any extension at this point and his best value to the Nuggets right now may be his trade value.

But, while were making an effort to go the tanking route, maybe we could trade Gallinari to the Lakers. :clap:Their SF situation is atrocious right now and the front office can't seem to pick a direction. They seem to be largely looking to appease a needy fan base.
Maybe we could get them to swallow Faried's contract along with Gallinari.:lol:

Let's face it, Manimal's extension last fall is looking like a mistake even though I was for it at the time...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston gets the coveted troubled guard. Good luck to them managing that potential off-the-court train wreck.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should that roster isn't great. They can build around their draft pick this year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets have been floundering for several years now. Lawson is a good player, but his recent arrest certainly didn't enhance his trade value. Looks like it cold be several more years of floundering.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck trying to trade Gallinari for anything good.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Denver's been meh for yrs. now, got to think they might have no choice but to blow it up and start over.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, Manimal's extension last fall is looking like a mistake even though I was for it at the time...

It is kind of the double edge sword at signing a solid player like him at a league-wide stacked position.

He is a quality player but he can only start on less than half the teams in the league right now because of all the quality starting PF's scattered around the league.

It is the same reason that I had a bit of an issue with the Dragic signing by Miami....you are singing a guy who is not top 10 talent at his position to a near max deal. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

But with Faried I think it will be OK. Denver shouldn't unload him now. Hang onto until AT LEAST the trade deadline and see if he can't up his value. Last season instead of improving he actually went down in production because he was one of the Denver players who wasn't on the same page as Shaw. He should be better this year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Denver's been meh for yrs. now, got to think they might have no choice but to blow it up and start over.

People forget that Denver before the Gallo injury was looking very Golden State-like. They had a bunch of young talent 2 years ago and were one of the better teams in the Western Conference that year.

Then Gallo and McGee got hurt, they lost Iggy, traded Mosgov, ect, ect.

But most importantly they refused to give Karl a contract. Huge mistake. Shaw was a disaster.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget that Denver before the Gallo injury was looking very Golden State-like. They had a bunch of young talent 2 years ago and were one of the better teams in the Western Conference that year.

Then Gallo and McGee got hurt, they lost Iggy, traded Mosgov, ect, ect.

But most importantly they refused to give Karl a contract. Huge mistake. Shaw was a disaster.

Pretty much this. The NBA window of winning can close in the blink of an eye. You're looking good and one thing happens and you're on a totally different course before you realize it

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not quite. While I agree that Shaw deserved to get canned, I don't think coaching was the biggest issue this past season. It was too many guaranteed contracts. The team's biggest mistake, in my opinion, was letting Massai Ujiri go to Toronto a couple years ago without a fight. I think he would have done a better job managing these contracts than the current front office...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck trying to trade Gallinari for anything good.

Actually he came on big in the second half of last season and even had a couple of 40-point games. I look for him to have a career year in a contract year and his first full year back from knee injuries.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver should give Nick Johnson some play time. Dude can jump out of the gym.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers traded their tanking blueprint to Denver for Chauncey Billups

I'll believe that when Denver takes 3 players in 3 consecutive drafts who all play the same position and can't play on the floor together effectively.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he came on big in the second half of last season and even had a couple of 40-point games. I look for him to have a career year in a contract year and his first full year back from knee injuries.

That's IF any teams need scoring at the wing position, they certainly won't be trading for his defense.

3 & D type of wings are much more valuable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe that when Denver takes 3 players in 3 consecutive drafts who all play the same position and can't play on the floor together effectively.
that gary harris pick was just for nothing apparently.....what a waste.

Gallo has his issues- including terrible defense, and huge injury issues- but a SF that can fill it up with good size is something a LOT of teams are looking for and there is going to be a ton of money spent on players next offseason- on a player pool that just is not that good. Gallo could EASILY get 15-18 a year.....sadly enough.

And seriously- SF is a DARN hard position to acquire in the NBA- whether through the draft OR free agency.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gallo has his issues- including terrible defense, and huge injury issues- but a SF that can fill it up with good size is something a LOT of teams are looking for and there is going to be a ton of money spent on players next offseason- on a player pool that just is not that good. Gallo could EASILY get 15-18 a year.....sadly enough.

And seriously- SF is a DARN hard position to acquire in the NBA- whether through the draft OR free agency.

You're probably better off just drafting a mediocre SF who can play defense. Gallinari has missed a lot of games in his career and is a career 41% shooter from the field. I just do not see his value being very high at this point. That could change if he doesn't miss any time next year and he fills it up, but right now? I don't see him bringing back very much.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, if Gilbert was writing out his pay-check!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if Gilbert was writing out his pay-check!
lol

in Dan's defense- certain Gilbert hating lemmings claimed that JR smith would get some huge deal....

looks like he will be coming back with his tail between his legs on a deal that is like 6 million for one year- maybe 2 years MAX..

ill find posts where certain haters thought hed get like 3 years 30 million.

they are playing hardball with Thompson as well- and while he will undoubtedly be paid a lot- it seems they dont want to bid against themselves to an absurd level.