• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver - Cincinnati

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denver has everything except a QB

3 straight games where the defense holds the opposing offense under 20. Running game strong every week. Can’t do anything with it. Except beat up the Lions, but that hardly counts.

D plays like a playoff caliber unit against The Chiefs who are currently leading the AFC and the Bengals who are fighting for the playoffs. O craps the bed against both. Just so frustrating to see an offense that cannot score, despite having TWO dominant RBs.

I want to see Lock start the rest of the way. Playoffs are a pipe dream. The offense just is asleep with Teddy. Start Lock. Hope he goes 3-0. If he craps the bed too, just better draft position.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 straight games where the defense holds the opposing offense under 20. Running game strong every week. Can’t do anything with it. Except beat up the Lions, but that hardly counts.

D plays like a playoff caliber unit against The Chiefs who are currently leading the AFC and the Bengals who are fighting for the playoffs. O craps the bed against both. Just so frustrating to see an offense that cannot score, despite having TWO dominant RBs.

I want to see Lock start the rest of the way. Playoffs are a pipe dream. The offense just is asleep with Teddy. Start Lock. Hope he goes 3-0. If he craps the bed too, just better draft position.
Good post, Mega. That offense has been a sh!tshow for far too long.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bonehead play by Lock.....but why THAT play call? Why call an RPO? You were running it down their throats and you try to get fancy with an RPO?!?!? Come on Pat! GTFO! At least we have seen the last of the Uncle Vic/Pat show!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bonehead play by Lock.....but why THAT play call? Why call an RPO? You were running it down their throats and you try to get fancy with an RPO?!?!? Come on Pat! GTFO! At least we have seen the last of the Uncle Vic/Pat show!
Yep, I blame the play-call on that one as much as Lock, but he didn't have to try the stiff arm. Always trying to win the game on one play instead of just winning that play. I also don't think the defender was down and lock forced the resulting fumble so at least he has fire. While Lock is a turnover machine and I don't think at this point he is a long term answer at least he made some throws that have been there all year that Teddy just won't even attempt for whatever reason.

Really rough looking injury for Teddy though and hope he is ok and makes a full recovery.

On one hand the defensive coaching of a mash unit has kept us competitive all year, but on the other the offensive coaching and atrocious game management holds us back. So freaking frustrating!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the end Lock cant turn the ball over.
if you are curtailing the game plan for possible turnovers then i know why the coaches are going with Bridgewater.

the 6 things drew did well is nullified by one bonehead play.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you are curtailing the game plan for possible turnovers then i know why the coaches are going with Bridgewater.

To his credit, the one TD we did score was thrown by Lock, something Teddy didn’t do in more extended playing time. And he did lead the drive to the RZ before the critical turnover.

Sounds like good news on Teddy today - out of hospital and now in the concussion protocol. Vic says it’s doubtful he will play vs Raiders this week.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his credit, the one TD we did score was thrown by Lock, something Teddy didn’t do in more extended playing time. And he did lead the drive to the RZ before the critical turnover.

Sounds like good news on Teddy today - out of hospital and now in the concussion protocol. Vic says it’s doubtful he will play vs Raiders this week.
So we either die slow with Teddy but he gives us the best chance to win, or we die extremely fast with Lock but he’s more exciting?

And if not for a rare drop by Sutton Teddy would’ve led a touchdown drive too.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is done. He is a bad QB. Not saying Lock is much better but at least he can throw a pass past 10 yards. Teddy at QB is the worst passing offense in the league.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we either die slow with Teddy but he gives us the best chance to win, or we die extremely fast with Lock but he’s more exciting?

And if not for a rare drop by Sutton Teddy would’ve led a touchdown drive too.
That takes a lot of confidence. ;) Where was that drop at midfield on a 3rd down? Or was it a different one you are thinking of?

I'm not making the argument that Lock is a good QB. But Teddy (a guy I love as a backup QB) had 13 3/4 games to show what he has to offer. And I find that seriously lacking as a starter.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy is done. He is a bad QB. Not saying Lock is much better but at least he can throw a pass past 10 yards. Teddy at QB is the worst passing offense in the league.
Lock’s passes past 10 yards are usually forced into double coverage with equal chance interception and completion.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That takes a lot of confidence. ;) Where was that drop at midfield on a 3rd down? Or was it a different one you are thinking of?

I'm not making the argument that Lock is a good QB. But Teddy (a guy I love as a backup QB) had 13 3/4 games to show what he has to offer. And I find that seriously lacking as a starter.
the one in the end zone 2nd qtr 11:30that bounced off Sutton’s chest. looked like CB got a hand but actually bounced directly off sutton

terrible game by Sutton when we needed our younger guys to step up

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one in the end zone 2nd qtr 11:30that bounced off Sutton’s chest. looked like CB got a hand but actually bounced directly off sutton

terrible game by Sutton when we needed our younger guys to step up
He had another one that went right through his hands that would have been a solid gain. While I don't think Lock is the answer as he clearly hasn't learned to protect the football, I am done with Teddy at this point. He is what he is and that is a QB that needs everything perfect around him to be successful. If we resign Teddy I may lose my mind.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who go all the way back to the Mouth Off forum might remember that I disliked Bubby Brister with a passion .. I;m not even sure exactly why - I think in part because he reminded me of my brother-in-law .. and up until this season, had I been asked to name my least favorite Broncos QB, all time, it would have been Brister ..

Teddy Bridgewater has changed all that ...

I cannot take him out on that field anymore .. I remember the game in Carolina last year, with Lock and Bridgewater as the QBs, and I remember thinking how much better off we were with a young, raw talent like Lock as opposed to this mundane, borderline backup in Bridgewater .. Lock stood out in that game and was the better QB ..

It takes a lot to shock me - and after a few preseason games this past year, Fangio said something to the effect of "The decision has been all but made on the starter, but we'll give both guys one more game" -- I would have bet my collection of KISS albums that he was talking about Lock being the starter .... I was dumbfounded about Bridgewater .... it reeked of Fangio wanting to get another win or two during the season and squeak into the playoffs with the vet, playing it safe ... playing not to lose ..

Fangio's seat has been warming up, so instead of bringing the kid along, he played it safe - just like that cringeworthy final drive of the first half vs Cincy .. Playing not to lose ...

With a lot of guys ( ie Case Keenum ), they are what they are, and their limitations don't bother me .. It's not so much that Bridgewater is painfully average ( at best ) - like Brister, there is just something that irks me when he is out there - and that matador tackle effort vs Philly pretty much put the nail in the coffin ...

I don't fault Lock for losing the ball .. There was momentum, which he created, and he obviously wanted to bring the house down with a play on his own ... I cannot fault a guy for wanting to have the ball in his hands and be the one who puts the team ahead ....

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up until this season, had I been asked to name my least favorite Broncos QB, all time, it would have been Brister ..

Teddy Bridgewater has changed all that

Man, I don’t know how anyone can say anything other than Flacco. Bridgewater isn’t a good QB or anything, but at least he tried. He’s been giving his all this year, often playing hurt because the coaching staff refused to let anyone else play, and he hasn’t complained once.

Flacco did nothing here but lose and blame everyone else for why he played poorly. For all Teddy’s faults, at least he cares enough about the guys around him to not try and throw others under the bus.