• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos select: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I wanted about Nix at 12. I will say from the 1st impressions of Nix the person. He will be a thousand times more relatable and easier to embrace vs RW. Now the results on the field is where he stands going forward time will tell but, its a positive and a solid foundation culture wise.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bo in college for eight years?

download (1).jpg

In all seriousness though all of my family here in CO. are Broncos fans which kinda makes me a Broncos fan. My bro-n-law likes the pick and he's a season ticketholder.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the feeling if both Nix and McCarthy were there, Payton would have taken Nix .... Peyton Manning doesn't come out 48 hrs before the draft and say "The Broncos really like McCarthy" if they really like him ..

I'm not surprised Penix went Top 10, but that it was Atlanta is unexpected ... I think Penix is a better pro than at least 2 of the QBs taken before him, maybe all of 'em ..

If we keep 3 QBs, I think DiNucci sticks ..... Stidham is not hanging around as a third string QB at 5 million a per year

Happy Bo is in the house
I'm stunned Penix went top 10, as well as a falcon. Thats insane.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He completed an extremely high percentage of those passes. It's pretty hard to fault success.
He tries anyway, which makes me proud.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another diversion the Broncos made was assigning Zach Wilson the number 10 jersey a few days before the draft ...

I mentioned this in the draft thread. Thought it could be a way to mess with people. Look, we aren't drafting Nix because we just publicly gave Wilson #10. ;) Oh, btw Zach, you are really # 16. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping we would add Troy Franklin, a familiar face for Bo. Maybe Tez Johnson next year? ;)

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping we would add Troy Franklin, a familiar face for Bo. Maybe Tez Johnson next year? ;)
Surprised he still avail.

Quite a few good players still avail at the start of the 4th. And potential difference makers, not just depth guys.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortest name in the NFL history?
Bo is his legal name

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have never realized this but I am re-watching the draft on the NFL Network. (Watched ESPN during the live draft) someone mentioend Bo NIx has the biggest playbook of any of the QB's drafted ahead of him. Important to note we have evidence he can pick up an offense quickly. He started right away as a true FR at Auburn and while he wasn't real successful at Auburn it isn't exactly the easiest place to go in and start as a True FR... Got better as his career went on at Oregon with an offense that throws a lot of things at you.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my issues with Zach Wilson is that he isn't going to be the best "#2" QB behind Bo Nix as he learns.

Stidham has been better then Zach Wilson (George's dog has been better then Zach Wilson) but I also get Payton dinkering with him a bit. Most of his time is going to be spent developing Bo Nix though. I feel like Stidham makes more sense to backup Nix but I think for as cheap as we did it why not see what Wilson looks like in camp?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my issues with Zach Wilson is that he isn't going to be the best "#2" QB behind Bo Nix as he learns.

Stidham has been better then Zach Wilson (George's dog has been better then Zach Wilson) but I also get Payton dinkering with him a bit. Most of his time is going to be spent developing Bo Nix though. I feel like Stidham makes more sense to backup Nix but I think for as cheap as we did it why not see what Wilson looks like in camp?
I made this point in another thread - Acquiring Wilson was Payton hedging his bet on acquiring Nix in the draft, and on having a starter sub - if Nix fails to launch or gets injured. Let Wilson - throw for some TDs in the preseason and flip him to a team with QB injiries for draft picks prior to the season.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else Bo Nix does - extremely well - that has been a lost art in the NFL - and that is the ball fake - Bo Nix can fake a handoff like he was David Copperfield. He even fakes handoffs with either hand - and - then carries out the fake after the handoff. There will be plays where you don't know who has the ball for brief periods of time.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have never realized this but I am re-watching the draft on the NFL Network. (Watched ESPN during the live draft) someone mentioend Bo NIx has the biggest playbook of any of the QB's drafted ahead of him. Important to note we have evidence he can pick up an offense quickly. He started right away as a true FR at Auburn and while he wasn't real successful at Auburn it isn't exactly the easiest place to go in and start as a True FR... Got better as his career went on at Oregon with an offense that throws a lot of things at you.

He also played in five different systems and was still successful. That says a lot about his QB intelligence chops. The Broncos sent him plays and according to Sean Payton, he aced that test. There is no doubt that the Broncos brass are in love with Nix and truly believe they drafted the long term future.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best interview with a prospect I have seen in a long time .... Nix' answer to the Drew Brees comparisons is spot on perfect

Bo Nix comes across as down-to-earth, likable, intelligent and completely unpretentious

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also played in five different systems and was still successful. That says a lot about his QB intelligence chops. The Broncos sent him plays and according to Sean Payton, he aced that test. There is no doubt that the Broncos brass are in love with Nix and truly believe they drafted the long term future.

Yes, another great point.