• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco One Hit Wonders

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much bigger category - Maurice Clarett comes to mind quickly.

Yeah we’d have a pretty big list like any team. The draft rejects are always a bad memory and lots of them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very happy for Clarett though. He has rebounded remarkably in his personal life.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another small category would be guys who became briefly famous for the Broncos, but not for their play. Like the guy who threw up in his helmet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Drozdov? He is now paralyzed after becoming a professional wrestler.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Rivers is an author. I read one of his books.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domonique Foxworth has a big wig job with the NFL office. Works with Merton Hanks and Troy Vincent as other former NFL players in that capacity.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is without a doubt the worst draft pick in Broncos history. Ted Gregory/DT from Syracuse. He was projected to go like in the 5th round or later and Denver took him with their 1st round pick. He was listed at 6-2, 270 pounds and I remember Dan Reeves was meeting him at the airport and went up to him and couldn't believe how small he was and shook his hand and Reeves commented that his hand was much smaller than his and that Gregory was only 6 feet tall and weighed about 250 pounds. He got cut in camp. How does a 1st rounder get cut in camp. Still pisses me off they drafted him. People should've gotten fired after that pick. Can you think of another 1st round pick in the modern era (80's or later), that was a 1st round pick that got cut and didn't get picked up by any other teams because of his play (size).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty bad. Thanks for sharing that story first I have ever heard.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is without a doubt the worst draft pick in Broncos history. Ted Gregory/DT from Syracuse. He was projected to go like in the 5th round or later and Denver took him with their 1st round pick. He was listed at 6-2, 270 pounds and I remember Dan Reeves was meeting him at the airport and went up to him and couldn't believe how small he was and shook his hand and Reeves commented that his hand was much smaller than his and that Gregory was only 6 feet tall and weighed about 250 pounds. He got cut in camp. How does a 1st rounder get cut in camp. Still pisses me off they drafted him. People should've gotten fired after that pick. Can you think of another 1st round pick in the modern era (80's or later), that was a 1st round pick that got cut and didn't get picked up by any other teams because of his play (size).

Hey now - he was a concert pianist - so he wasn't afraid of crowds.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to think of the guy who was working in the mall at a kiosk and the Broncos had a bunch of RB injuries - the Broncos signed him up and he ran for like 150 yards. @Draft Crazy ?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardener was a no hit wonder. We paid him big and he barely even played. Dale Carter was a no year wonder for us too. They never had a single good season for us. Carter was suspended for one full year while on Denver.

Car Battery what I called Dale Carter. I was suggesting they throw car batteries at him ..and yes I was just kidding but I never liked him one second he did a lot of ignorant stuff to the Broncos. Chep shot artist

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore is a good example of showing us the GOOD, BAD and UGLY during his career as a Broncos.

His 4 years basically went.

Average
Bad
Good
UGLY

He was also in the AAL league before it shut down.

He had some good moments for Denver, but perfect example of someone who will be remembered for that one "AWFUL" play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahim Moore is a good example of showing us the GOOD, BAD and UGLY during his career as a Broncos.

His 4 years basically went.

Average
Bad
Good
UGLY

He was also in the AAL league before it shut down.

He had some good moments for Denver, but perfect example of someone who will be remembered for that one "AWFUL" play.

I wonder a little of the same thing for Bolles. Something that is so very odd about him last year is his best games happened on the road. The home crowd turned on him before the season even started so every penalty was magnified all the more. He could go out and have a great season this next year but the 1st holding call he gets on the season the crowd will boo him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Car Battery what I called Dale Carter. I was suggesting they throw car batteries at him ..and yes I was just kidding but I never liked him one second he did a lot of ignorant stuff to the Broncos. Chep shot artist

Dale Carter was always a favorite player of mine when he was on KC. I was a young kid digging the CB position and he was a lot of fun to watch on KC. Had the 7 INT's and won D rookie of the year... He started his college career playing JUCO here in Ellsworth, IA...

But his character was very suspect and after he played one year for us (which was a bad year for him) he had the suspension. Such a letdown. I remember he wore #40 for us.
It was weird but fun signing him and Neil Smith away from the Chiefs. Smith won a Super Bowl with us against the Packers after signing a 3 year contract, played one more year for the Chargers then retired. Didn't have the sack numbers for us he did for KC as he was just heading out of his prime, but still played a very important role.. . He and Alfred Williams were fun to watch together.

Sorta interesting to think back then.. Super Bowl 32 we have Smith and Williams on the End spots with rookie Trevor Pryce hardly playing... The following year Pryce played a huge part...

Super Bowl 32 DL starting lineup

Alfred Williams
Neil Smith
Keith Traylor
Maa Tanuvasa

Super Bowl 33 starting lineup
Harald Hasselbach
Maa Tanuvasa
Trevor Pryce
Keith Traylor

Tanuvas started at DT 32, DE 33.

Hasselbach and Tanuvasa were in Denver for awhile, and never really are remembered, but they won two Super Bowls here!

Our starting secondary was the same for both Super Bowls

Ray Crockett
Darrien Gordon
Steve Atwater
Tyrone Braxton

Trying to remember our SB INTs

Packers SB- Tyrone Braxton had a clutch one

Falcons SB- Darrien Gordon (2) Also, broke interception return yards in that game.
Darius Johnson (1)
Denver also a broke a record for most interception yards as a team in this SB. I am thinking Tampa Bay broke it though because they picked off the Raiders 5 time in the SB, and I know Derrick Brooks and Dwight Smith returned theirs for TD's.

Darius Johnson another DB I loved when we drafted coming out of Oklahoma. Moved him over to safety where he started the following year. Ended up getting in trouble for slapping a stripper, played one more year for the Chiefs and then was over. I think he has some personal issues, because I once remember reading something where he had asked the NFL for help. (Maybe a drinking issue)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Dane damn the guy sucked but for one year he was alright for the Broncos hell he won the blueberry pie during thanksgiving the game. He ran for like 250 yards or someting like that.