• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dennard Legal Developments

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweets from a reporter in the courtroom for today's hearing:

Alfonzo #Dennard's attorney is making his pitch for sentencing continuance as I type this...

State objects to continuance; Judge Stacy denies #Dennard's motion to continue sentencing on probation violation.

Judge Stacy denies motion to revoke #Dennard's probation. But modifies terms.”

MODIFIED TERMS:

Judge extends #Dennard's probation a year, adds 100 hours of community service, adds no-alcohol condition

Judge also adds 30 days to Alfonzo #Dennard's jail sentence to start in March.

#Dennard now has to report to jail March 31 for 60-day sentence or 38 days with good time

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now that he has this "over with" will he play better?

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn 11 days a month for good time. I wonder if that is a sign of overcrowded prison system

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I guess we wait to see what Roger has to say about it all.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was for his parole violation.

He still has his DUI pending. So...not "over with" quite yet.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will have any real impact on his play. I hope it has an impact on him as a person, even if this particular incident was kind of... bull.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. If he stays out of trouble from here out there is no reason to judge his character.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few other tweets from the court reporter:

Correction: Alfonzo #Dennard's jail time for assaulting Nebraska police officer is to start March 1, not 31st

He still could get up to six years in prison if his probation is revoked for another violation.

Judge tells #Dennard before he leaves courtroom: "I want you to know this is your last chance."

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alfonzo #Dennard pleads no contest to refusing a chemical test, fined $500. Prosecutor dismisses DUI charge

Judge gives Alfonzo #Dennard probation, concurrent to 3-year probation for assaulting officer

Judge also revokes Dennard's license for 60 days on charge of refusal to submit to a chemical test.

#Dennard's attorney, Alan Stoler, says DUI dismissal was part of usual plea negotiations. Refusal charge carried same penalties.

Alfonzo #Dennard was granted a permit for an ignition interlock device so he can drive during revocation once it's installed.

Full story:

A day after getting a second chance on probation, Alfonzo Dennard returned to a Lincoln courtroom and pleaded no contest to refusal to submit to a chemical test for what started as a DUI stop in July.
In return, prosecutors dismissed the first-offense DUI charge, a misdemeanor.
Lancaster County Judge James Foster fined the Husker-turned-New England Patriot $500, revoked his driver's license for 60 days and gave him probation concurrent with the three-year probation he's serving for assaulting a Lincoln officer last year.
Dennard, 24, was driving on Normal Boulevard in a 2011 Honda Accord just before 2 a.m. July 11 when a police sergeant pulled him over near 52nd Street because he was straddling lanes.
The sergeant arrested Dennard on suspicion of DUI, refusing a chemical test and straddling lanes. The stop came exactly three months after the NFL defensive back got probation for punching a police officer in April 2012 in downtown Lincoln.
Police said Dennard, who was taken to detox in July but not jailed, blew too softly during an alcohol breath test to register, even though the sergeant told him twice to blow hard into the machine.
In April, he got two years' probation for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest days before he was drafted into the NFL. On Thursday, the judge extended his probation by a year and added 30 days to a 30-day jail term he is to serve starting March 1. She also doubled the 100 hours of community service she ordered him to complete.
Dennard's attorney, Alan Stoler, said the dismissal of the DUI charge was just part of usual plea negotiations and that the penalties for that charge and the refusal were the same.
Outside the courtroom, Dennard told reporters he didn't want to comment.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want you to know this is your last chance."

last chance for what?? he wasnt guilty of anything he was targeted by corrupt racist nebraska cops. man..

glad its over and he starts jail in march thats like the perfect time.