• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dennard Hearing Set For July 31st

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is better to just get this over with, but the idea that in most cases judges are not fairly accord acting with court dates (once you get up into higher severity it drops, but something like this, absolutely) is inaccurate. If you get arrested tomorrow and the given court date conflicts with a major work event, a decent attorney should have no issue getting it moved.

Ok how many major work event excuses do you think the court should allow? What we are talking about is one or two days of training camp not really major events seeing as NFLers sit these things out all the time for multiple reasons.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would proposes putting this off to potentially or hopefully February? I mean if the Pats can't let him go for a day or two of the first week or two of spring training certainly we can't let him go during the season, or the playoffs. And again is it really a hardship to miss two practices? Does this not occur for injury, death in the family, stomach viruses, personal reasons? I mean we are talking one day in court maybe two.

Yes.
As an example, my brother inlaw (he was just my girlfriends brother at the time...) got nabbed on a DUI. His lawyer got the court date postponed because thats the norm. in between the original and new court date the cop got busted with a young girl and shortly afterwards commited suicide. All of his pending cases thrown out. If gives proof to the old proverb "stranger things have happened".

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.
As an example, my brother inlaw (he was just my girlfriends brother at the time...) got nabbed on a DUI. His lawyer got the court date postponed because thats the norm. in between the original and new court date the cop got busted with a young girl and shortly afterwards commited suicide. All of his pending cases thrown out. If gives proof to the old proverb "stranger things have happened".

LMAO HORSE SHIT.... The lawyer went into the court and said, " Hey let's change the date cause that's the norm"! Sure

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, I don't make the shit up.
Your either an argumentative contrarian or an idiot, you decide.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how many major work event excuses do you think the court should allow? What we are talking about is one or two days of training camp not really major events seeing as NFLers sit these things out all the time for multiple reasons.

I already said I'd rather it get over with. But as stated by others they are generally fairly accommodating of seasonal workers with this type of thing, and if they are for others, they shouldn't screw him just because he's in the public eye.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, I don't make the shit up.
Your either an argumentative contrarian or an idiot, you decide.

LMAO don't get your diaper in a knot I assure you the lawyer did not tell the judge he needed to reschedule because that was the norm.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said I'd rather it get over with. But as stated by others they are generally fairly accommodating of seasonal workers with this type of thing, and if they are for others, they shouldn't screw him just because he's in the public eye.

I could see if it was during the season but that is not the case here, it's pre season practices, they already accommodated him once. I just don't see a lot of give here..

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO HORSE SHIT.... The lawyer went into the court and said, " Hey let's change the date cause that's the norm"! Sure
"Let's change the date because my client has these scheduled conflicts and it will represent a significant hardship" really does fly for the average person in this kind of case. You might not think it should work, but it does work.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's change the date because my client has these scheduled conflicts and it will represent a significant hardship" really does fly for the average person in this kind of case. You might not think it should work, but it does work.

Significant Conflict. you mean like when players hold out for more money, sit out b/c of injury, take a day off for family matters. Significant Hardship. Missing one or two day's is not a significant conflict when players sit out for no reason all the time

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO don't get your diaper in a knot I assure you the lawyer did not tell the judge he needed to reschedule because that was the norm.

I am quite sure that he did not tell the judge that as well, not verbatim anyway.
Have you ever been in a courtroom? Divorce, DUI, Breaking and Entering...whatever, they are all the same. And ALL the lawyers, prosecuting, defending, high paid, public doesn't matter, they all know each other, drink together, golf together etc...etc...

The lawyer says blah blah blah, postponement, blah blah blah extenuating circumstances. And the judge says granted because the courts have granted so many extensions and postponements in the past that it is the "norm". The "Precedence" has been set. Google it.

Diaper unknotted. Thanks for pointing that out. It was getting uncomfortable and a bit itchy. friction burned a bit of hair off too.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see if it was during the season but that is not the case here, it's pre season practices, they already accommodated him once. I just don't see a lot of give here..

It doesn't matter. A job is a job, and obligations for that job are always seriously considered.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training camp directly affects his ability to perform well at his job and directly affects his income or livelyhood. Not possitive abou this contract but many players have incentives for attending such things and performance based. Things like this are concidered all the time no matter what the profession of the accused is.

Things like your work duties are considered all the time. After all the judge wants you to be able to pay fines and attorney fees are not cheap.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
It doesn't matter. A job is a job, and obligations for that job are always seriously considered.

It does matter the terms used to justify the delay are significant conflict, and missing a practice or two is really not a significant event. Let me provide some examples.

Death In The Family.
Family Member Hospitalized

You and other members of the board make it seem as if Dennard missing practice is a significant event and that is just asinine. Would the guy working the fryer at McDonalds missing a day be a Significant Event. I say lets see what happens at this point, lets see if a delay is granted. If it is then I will openly admit I was wrong. if not I'll be back.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any work related event can be treated as significant for what we're talking about. Yes, if a random seasonal worker would miss a few days of work, and at a different point in the year would not, they will generally accommodate him. It's that simple.

I already said he shouldn't even try to delay it though. It's better to be done and over with than a distraction during the season.