• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dempster 5 Game Suspension For Nailing A-Roid

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on..... Really? No ejection from the game yet he gets a 5 game suspension!

Which means 1 start so really not a big deal at all. He really should have been thrown out of the game for doing it in the first place

ESPN: Red Sox Starter Ryan Dempster gets 5-game suspension for hitting Alex Rodriguez with a pitch on Sunday

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitcher Ryan Dempster of Boston Red Sox suspended 5 games, fined for hitting Alex Rodriguez of New York Yankees - ESPN

"You just can't throw at someone because you don't like him or disagree with the way something's being handled," Girardi said "If a player is suspended for throwing at someone, they're going to get their appeal," Girardi said. "Are we going to throw that out, too? So, I mean, this is what's been negotiated."

Boston Red Sox starter Ryan Dempster received a five-game suspension and undisclosed fine for intentionally hitting the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, Major League Baseball senior vice president Joe Garagiola Jr. announced Tuesday.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever your opinion of A-Rod Dempster should have been ejected for what he did.

If anything even we Red Sox fans would have nothing to gripe about if the
suspension had been long enough to force him to miss more than 1 start.

What "Dumpster" did is no credit at all to our team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever your opinion of A-Rod Dempster should have been ejected for what he did.

If anything even we Red Sox fans would have nothing to gripe about if the
suspension had been long enough to force him to miss more than 1 start.

What "Dumpster" did is no credit at all to our team.

I did think and still think Dempster should have been tossed from the game. Really don't get why he wasn't!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think and still think Dempster should have been tossed from the game. Really don't get why he wasn't!
Always glad to see someone express agreement with me, though it's not an
actual need.

Thank you.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always glad to see someone express agreement with me, though it's not an
actual need.

Thank you.

And to make it worse the Yankees couldn't retaliate since the umpire warned them. And for agreeing with you I only charge $50

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what the penalty was. I'm perfectly happy beaning A-Rod and I'm sure he feels the same.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I' guessing you haven't seen many beanings.

I saw Doug Griffin get beaned by Nolan Ryan TWICE back in the 70's. Was sitting in the
Fenway bleachers both times. Those beanings cost a probable Gold Glove winner his career.
The first one would have KILLED him, literally, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

NO WAY will I ever cheer for a beaning, accidental or otherwise, after that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would laugh about it if it did kill him. He's a shitty excuse for a human being.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Yankees, Red Sox, and A Fraud pretty much equally....so that makes my opinion fair and balanced.

I think the whole situation was dealt with perfectly. A Fraud was smart to not say a damn thing. In fact, it was one of the best things that could have happened to him. Dempster did a great thing. Dempster deserved the suspension.

/thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I' guessing you haven't seen many beanings.

I saw Doug Griffin get beaned by Nolan Ryan TWICE back in the 70's. Was sitting in the
Fenway bleachers both times. Those beanings cost a probable Gold Glove winner his career.
The first one would have KILLED him, literally, if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

NO WAY will I ever cheer for a beaning, accidental or otherwise, after that.

I'm old school. I have seen plenty of beanings. As long as you don't hit them in the face, it is part of (professional) baseball. You would have freaked out in the sixties.

My only regret is that I didn't get to see this one. I have seen MANY years of Red Sox Yanks beanings. I will just use my imagination and smile.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would laugh about it if it did kill him. He's a shitty excuse for a human being.

I HOPE you didn't mean that literally. Laughing about anyone getting killed is nowhere near good.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for A-Rod being a bad person, If what I've read about him is correct Ted William would have felt no guilt at all abot using PEDs if chemists had known how to synthesize them in his day.

Wearing our team's uniform doesn't make one a saint off the field.