• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby.

Ronald Darby?

Yikes. The Steelers do need help at the CB position and he is fairly young. Problem is, the guy has been hurt every season so far and has missed a big part of the season in 3 of his 4 seasons in the NFL. I'm a little more familiar with him since he played for the Eagles the past 2 seasons and I get a lot of Eagles coverage unfortunately. We need the guy to stay on the field. If he came really cheap the Steelers could take a chance. He hasn't had much off field issues from what I've found but he's been a public supporter of Winston (TB QB) in multiple incidents where Winston possibly did some bad things to women. Want good players but they also need to bring in a few character guys to change this locker room quickly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'd be a good upgrade if he recovers fully from the ACL tear. 6-9 months from November puts him in the May to August timeframe to be able to return to full activity. Which is on track for training camp.
hes young, but acl's are scary, likely hes ok, but your gonna have to pony up to find out

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant argue, and i suggested it
Darby.

Ronald Darby?

Yikes. The Steelers do need help at the CB position and he is fairly young. Problem is, the guy has been hurt every season so far and has missed a big part of the season in 3 of his 4 seasons in the NFL. I'm a little more familiar with him since he played for the Eagles the past 2 seasons and I get a lot of Eagles coverage unfortunately. We need the guy to stay on the field. If he came really cheap the Steelers could take a chance. He hasn't had much off field issues from what I've found but he's been a public supporter of Winston (TB QB) in multiple incidents where Winston possibly did some bad things to women. Want good players but they also need to bring in a few character guys to change this locker room quickly.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wr crop again looks weak, gerry dulac kept going to john brown, but whats john brown ever done??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devane Parker could be worth a shot too. Hes been injured and lazy,lazy in miami. Has pedigree. SHown a few flashes. I wouldnt pay much for him. I loved him coming out of college, hasnt shown much in pros. would have to be cheap, since we have a need, perhaps he comes on a prove it or cheaper deal for a shot at playing time? Crabtree may be cheap too, and the already mentioned moncrief

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all soon forget........

This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
This is the team that has an uncanny nact for finding Wrs
Randel El, Hines Ward, Thigpen, Holmes, Wallace, AB, Sanders.....
How many of these guys were 1st round, heavily sought after big name WRs out of college???

AB is constantly bitching about 32 teams passing him up.....
He was drafted in the 6th round and was the 22nd WR taken out of 27 in the draft.

I think we'll be fine without someone else's baggage!!!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been away for a few weeks taking care of a few unfortunate personal issues and I come back to this. Probably wasn't the way I wanted to say it in my original post. Though I always thought this was a place to discuss our favorite team however we want to as long as we keep it clean. I don't agree with a lot of what I read on here. I just don't feel like it's necessary to point it out most of the time. I'm never going to be scared to post on here regardless of who wants to shit on it. Been on here way too long.

Honestly Dude.....
No offense, but you have always did these post and runs ripping someone on the Steelers.... Not saying the players or coaches you were ripping didn't deserve it...They probably did.
But the very first time you post something that you wanted a serious response to, you had to expect a little bit of ribbing on it!!!!

Nothing personal, and we didn't need to hear about your Steelers Cred either....lol All in good fun. :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all soon forget........

This is the Pittsburgh Steelers.
This is the team that has an uncanny nact for finding Wrs
Randel El, Hines Ward, Thigpen, Holmes, Wallace, AB, Sanders.....
How many of these guys were 1st round, heavily sought after big name WRs out of college???

AB is constantly bitching about 32 teams passing him up.....
He was drafted in the 6th round and was the 22nd WR taken out of 27 in the draft.

I think we'll be fine without someone else's baggage!!!!!
we do find some wr's. BUt i think we need a vet........and let the others grow!

Again looking at the FA list.
Moncrief
Golden tate(may be pricey, not a great FA class)
ANalysts touting john brown, i say no, he hasnt done crap we dont need a speedy deep guy
cole beasley
humphries(price tage is gonna be high)
phillip dorsett
Funchess(again will be pricey i think)
Rishard mathews(could be sneaky here)
Dontrel Inman
Geronimo Allison
Eli ROgers(bring him back)
Rashard higgins

id be happy with any of those in the mix

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else's baggage.....:hellno:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john ross for a late pick is probably available lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do find some wr's. BUt i think we need a vet........and let the others grow!

Again looking at the FA list.
Moncrief
Golden tate(may be pricey, not a great FA class)
ANalysts touting john brown, i say no, he hasnt done crap we dont need a speedy deep guy
cole beasley
humphries(price tage is gonna be high)
phillip dorsett
Funchess(again will be pricey i think)
Rishard mathews(could be sneaky here)
Dontrel Inman
Geronimo Allison
Eli ROgers(bring him back)
Rashard higgins

id be happy with any of those in the mix

I tend to agree on the roster needing a vet, but not as a feature WR. Washington's targets will ramp up a great deal this season...I think he'll be a 750 to 850 yd WR for PIT this season. I'm guessing Rogers is back...that gives them 2 fast twitch type players. Take the money for Hunter and go get mid level FA. I also look for Samuels to get a bunch more targets as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31, was slowing down, now tore his achilles, HELL NO. hes done

He only had one down season and it was when he was traded mid-season last year. That kills your production clearly, as you're trying to acclimate to a new system and QB. He also had Case Keenum throwing him passes in a dysfunctional offense the first part of the season. Prior to that 6 really good to downright great seasons.

The achilles would concern me, but outside of that? I still think he may have a lot to offer a team. I could foresee a huge revival if he lands in a good offense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only had one down season and it was when he was traded mid-season last year. That kills your production clearly, as you're trying to acclimate to a new system and QB. He also had Case Keenum throwing him passes in a dysfunctional offense the first part of the season. Prior to that 6 really good to downright great seasons.

The achilles would concern me, but outside of that? I still think he may have a lot to offer a team. I could foresee a huge revival if he lands in a good offense.

I think he started all 16 games in 2017...140 targets...less than 1,000 yds...to his credit he had 3 QBs throwing to him that are no longer starters and probably never should've been starters. As I've said...I wouldn't mind kicking the tire on him to see what he does have left, but I don't expect to pay him $4 or 5 mil per.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes been declining every year since 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 all drops
and that achilles is huge IMHO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he started all 16 games in 2017...140 targets...less than 1,000 yds...to his credit he had 3 QBs throwing to him that are no longer starters and probably never should've been starters. As I've said...I wouldn't mind kicking the tire on him to see what he does have left, but I don't expect to pay him $4 or 5 mil per.

Barely less than 1,000 at 946, 83 receptions and 5 TD's with horrid QB play. Which is also the only season you can even argue wasn't #1 caliber since his career really got going at 25.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes been declining every year since 2014
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 all drops
and that achilles is huge IMHO

His QB play has also steadily dropped. His output with Peyton Manning's corpse and this run of QB's in Denver was actually really impressive.

They were all #1 WR quality seasons until last year.

I'm not saying he is what he was 4 years ago. I'm saying that I think it's very possible that he's still good and can post a 1,000 yard 85 rec 6 TD season. Which... on a bargain, is fantastic.