• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the same day Antonio Brown's demand for a trade became public, sources also report the Texans plan on cutting Demaryius Thomas. Sounds like it was meant to be. Would solve the Steelers #2 WR issue. Thomas says he wants to play and should be ready. Only 31 so he is barely older than the guy he would be replacing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the same day Antonio Brown's demand for a trade became public, sources also report the Texans plan on cutting Demaryius Thomas. Sounds like it was meant to be. Would solve the Steelers #2 WR issue. Thomas says he wants to play and should be ready. Only 31 so he is barely older than the guy he would be replacing.
31, was slowing down, now tore his achilles, HELL NO. hes done

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO????

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never did much after manning retired it seems

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hear what you would do instead of just criticizing.
not sign a guy with an achilles injury........thats all, i know what those do. You get way to defensive bud.......

Chris hogan
funchess(probably costs a lot)
humphries
rishard mathews
dontrell inman
Geronimo Allison
Moncrief

all FA's that probably arent gonna be super expensive besides funchess that i would take over thomas.........that achilles is brutal

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Achilles Injuries are brutal, about 35% never return to play. SOmewhere bw 65-75% do return, but level of performance is not noted. ONE doctor claims he did his own study and that only WR and LB's are affected by achilles injuries, which is kinda bull and he has zero data or formal studies. Achilles are also known to be particularly brutal to players over 30, and this is his second one, one on each leg.

If we could sign him for league min, and bring him into camp, then fine try it out..........nothing to lose. But he has had declining production for 4 years now, and adds a brutal injury

demarius.PNG

just my opinion.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sign a guy with an achilles injury........thats all, i know what those do. You get way to defensive bud.......

Chris hogan
funchess(probably costs a lot)
humphries
rishard mathews
dontrell inman
Geronimo Allison
Moncrief

all FA's that probably arent gonna be super expensive besides funchess that i would take over thomas.........that achilles is brutal

And you are way to fast to criticize. Now if I suggested signing him to a multi-year deal for a large amount...……. Nope. Not the case.

The injury is a brutal one. The guy was a decent player and he wants to continue on. Declining productivity, yes. But look at who is throwing him the ball. Ben could really help get him going. A one year prove-it type deal that is team friendly. Nothing wrong with that. He wont even be ready by the start of the season.

Hogan is the only guy that stands out on your list and he might be a product of the system in NE. Mathews had a few good seasons but wasn't getting enough action and asked for his release. No thanks. The Steelers will draft a WR early on if they trade AB. When was the last time the Steelers spent a lot on a free agent WR? It doesn't happen. They just need a cheaper vet for a year or two. The defense is the main concern.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are way to fast to criticize. Now if I suggested signing him to a multi-year deal for a large amount...……. Nope. Not the case.

The injury is a brutal one. The guy was a decent player and he wants to continue on. Declining productivity, yes. But look at who is throwing him the ball. Ben could really help get him going. A one year prove-it type deal that is team friendly. Nothing wrong with that. He wont even be ready by the start of the season.

Hogan is the only guy that stands out on your list and he might be a product of the system in NE. Mathews had a few good seasons but wasn't getting enough action and asked for his release. No thanks. The Steelers will draft a WR early on if they trade AB. When was the last time the Steelers spent a lot on a free agent WR? It doesn't happen. They just need a cheaper vet for a year or two. The defense is the main concern.
Ok. Sign him he also had desaun Watson last year partly and didn’t get going

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelerspride is right on this one.

I'm a Bebe Thomas fan, but an achilles at 31 with his size, has to take some toll on his ability to cut and separate. But I wouldn't mind kicking the tires to see what he has left.

If AB is dealt...I think WAS is the next man up and will have a much better 2nd yr. As vet competition I would look at Moncrief.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelerspride is right on this one.

I'm a Bebe Thomas fan, but an achilles at 31 with his size, has to take some toll on his ability to cut and separate. But I wouldn't mind kicking the tires to see what he has left.

If AB is dealt...I think WAS is the next man up and will have a much better 2nd yr. As vet competition I would look at Moncrief.

Appreciate you being more civil on this ATL. I probably shouldn't have said it would "solve" the Steelers problem at the #2 WR position. But at the same time I never said the Steelers should give him a multi-year deal or for more than the minimum. One of those things where you take a flyer when he is ready and hope to get lucky. So overall, I'm not wrong completely. At least I put something out there. Most sit like predators waiting to criticize their fellow fans.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and did nothing in half a season.

Watson sure makes Hopkins work eh? Best receiver in the league

6 games is half a season? OK. Dude got hurt early in the Eagles game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate you being more civil on this ATL. I probably shouldn't have said it would "solve" the Steelers problem at the #2 WR position. But at the same time I never said the Steelers should give him a multi-year deal or for more than the minimum. One of those things where you take a flyer when he is ready and hope to get lucky. So overall, I'm not wrong completely. At least I put something out there. Most sit like predators waiting to criticize their fellow fans.
You need to chill out. If my original reply of saying hell no riled u up this much. Then sorry?

I guess when others disagree that’s ok. I’ll just stick to being a “predator”.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 games is half a season? OK. Dude got hurt early in the Eagles game.
Well u just said 7, now it’s 6 , I didn’t look it up, nor am I this worked up about it

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to chill out. If my original reply of saying hell no riled u up this much. Then sorry?

I guess when others disagree that’s ok. I’ll just stick to being a “predator”.

You need to chill out toward your fellow fans. Save it for the trolls from the division rivals and so on.

I have no problem with you going against me. I'll admit that I probably should have explained a little more in the original thread. Just seems that you only respond when you want to attack. On another thread, you suggested a CB that I didn't agree with the Steelers trying to get but I chose not to respond. No need to start shit with a fellow fan.

Last edited:

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well u just said 7, now it’s 6 , I didn’t look it up, nor am I this worked up about it

Dude, c'mon man. You went back and edited your original post. You're the one who first brought up number of games.