• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeMarcus Lawrence, Cowboys Agree To Five-Year Extension Worth Over $100MM

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that a dominant interior pass rusher is better than an outside rusher. Way more disruptive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher Cox's contract is looking like a bargain now. Just a couple of years ago, people were like, "$100 million contract for Fletcher Cox?" Now he is not even in the top 5.
Of course but he signed it 3 years ago, right? 3 years from now the top DL will all blow past Lawrence too. Look at Miller now

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
65 mill is guaranteed......holy shit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop's honeymoon may be over next season and they can let him walk when the case of the dropsies return.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the importance of the position, if Lawrence keeps on delivering, he'll almost be considered cheap in a couple of years. It's just the way the league goes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a solid signing. B grade. I can't given this an A because it's not a bargain contract, but this is still a good signing. Lawrence is one of the top 4-3 edge rushers in the NFL and Dallas' defense last year was largely the reason they were able to make the playoffs and push. The Cowboys are IMO easy favorites to win the division next year given Alex Smith will probably not be ready, the Giants just lost one of the best WRs in the NFL (gained a safety, but... meh?) and the Eagles are going balls deep with Carson 'Wince'. Wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence is the reason Wentz may miss more time at some point in their matchups.

Lawrence JUST turned 27 and didn't play an extreme amount early in his career so a 5 year deal where he'll just turn 32 (and can be cut before then for only a $5M cap hit) makes sense.

All said, it's going to be VERY interesting after 2019 what happens to the Cowboys when Elliott/Prescott are due money. That said, no reason the Cowboys shouldn't be in 'win now' mode, and retaining Lawrence is a key part of that formula.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't juice so much he probably gives up more sacks.

He never did juice. Well they all juiced at times but he was busted for a stimulant that’s now legal. I think he’s the best RT in the game. The 2nd half of last year he stoned EVERYONE and he was facing the games best like Lawrence and Vonn Miller. He’s fantastic but has a big freaking mouth.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop's honeymoon may be over next season and they can let him walk when the case of the dropsies return.

I thought Dallas got totally ripped in that deal but I was wrong. He was fantastic and for a late 1st he was worth it. At the time of the trade Dallas was struggling and I think Jarntt said they were, at the time the 11th pick in the first. It looked awful because he wasn’t playing that well and it was looking like a top 10 pick. Dallas started winning A LOT and Cooper was a big part of that. He was fantastic. Jerry gonna take care of him and everyone else.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a solid signing. B grade. I can't given this an A because it's not a bargain contract, but this is still a good signing. Lawrence is one of the top 4-3 edge rushers in the NFL and Dallas' defense last year was largely the reason they were able to make the playoffs and push. The Cowboys are IMO easy favorites to win the division next year given Alex Smith will probably not be ready, the Giants just lost one of the best WRs in the NFL (gained a safety, but... meh?) and the Eagles are going balls deep with Carson 'Wince'. Wouldn't be surprised if Lawrence is the reason Wentz may miss more time at some point in their matchups.

Lawrence JUST turned 27 and didn't play an extreme amount early in his career so a 5 year deal where he'll just turn 32 (and can be cut before then for only a $5M cap hit) makes sense.

All said, it's going to be VERY interesting after 2019 what happens to the Cowboys when Elliott/Prescott are due money. That said, no reason the Cowboys shouldn't be in 'win now' mode, and retaining Lawrence is a key part of that formula.

You think Lawrence is going to hurt Wentz? He hasn’t touched Wentz in his career. I understand your hesitancy in Carson’s injury history but when healthy he is by far the best QB in the division. Dallas is good but aren’t “easily favorites to win the division”. Vegas has Philly ranked higher.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Lawrence is going to hurt Wentz? He hasn’t touched Wentz in his career. I understand your hesitancy in Carson’s injury history but when healthy he is by far the best QB in the division. Dallas is good but aren’t “easily favorites to win the division”. Vegas has Philly ranked higher.

I'm not arguing whether Wentz is the best QB when healthy. I'm not arguing that Lawrence is going to hurt Wentz, I think there's a chance it may happen given Lawrence is a good EDGE rusher and Wentz is injury prone. I also think Dallas has a far superior supporting cast than Philly on not only the OL/RB situation, but the defense as well. Of course elite QB play can make up for a ton of those holes... but let's see if Carson 'Wince' can stay healthy for a year.

Calm your tits, bro.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing whether Wentz is the best QB when healthy. I'm not arguing that Lawrence is going to hurt Wentz, I think there's a chance it may happen given Lawrence is a good EDGE rusher and Wentz is injury prone. I also think Dallas has a far superior supporting cast than Philly on not only the OL/RB situation, but the defense as well. Of course elite QB play can make up for a ton of those holes... but let's see if Carson 'Wince' can stay healthy for a year.

Calm your tits, bro.

No I was just asking? Everyone has there own predictions. I really don’t see Dallas having the far superior O or D. Far superior? The only place I see Dallas far superior is RB and LB. Eagles have a really good OLine and DLine. But I don’t see this “far superior” on both sides of the ball.
QB Philly
RB Dallas
TE Philly
WR even
OLine even
DLine Philly
LB Dallas
S Philly
CB Dallas

Oh, D Lawrence is a lot better then good

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never did juice. Well they all juiced at times but he was busted for a stimulant that’s now legal. I think he’s the best RT in the game. The 2nd half of last year he stoned EVERYONE and he was facing the games best like Lawrence and Vonn Miller. He’s fantastic but has a big freaking mouth.

He got caught with twice with banned substance.

Sugarcoat it all you want, but facts are he was CAUGHT TWICE.
Lane should have included Dallas is 6-3 vs. the Eagles in Games D. Lawrence had played.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lane should have included Dallas is 6-3 vs. the Eagles in Games D. Lawrence had played.

No, he was totally busted and stupid. I’m just saying he wasn’t juicing. The 2nd one had some sort of approval code from the NFL yet they still suspended him. That was over 3 years ago and can’t get popped again but that was substance is now legal so it wasn’t giving him some huge advantage. What I don’t get is HGH is the big one and they all use it. Look at the difference in the size of Barry Bonds and Peyton Manning’s heads as a rookie. Your skull doesn’t grow working out.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s also true. He’s a loud mouth and just needs to shut up and keep dominating. No need to give Lawrence bulletin board material. Why prod a superstar?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it is kinda hard to get to Wentz, when he is on the sidelines. That is called a penalty! :becky:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s also true. He’s a loud mouth and just needs to shut up and keep dominating. No need to give Lawrence bulletin board material. Why prod a superstar?
I am kinda confused. isnt LJ a right tackle? So wouldnt that mean they rarely lineup against each other? or am I wrong?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am kinda confused. isnt LJ a right tackle? So wouldnt that mean they rarely lineup against each other? or am I wrong?

A lot of the elite pass rushers now like to line up over the RT because they traditionally aren’t as good pass blockers.