• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demarco Murray???

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would say the same, but look at the redzone last season. The Eagles just could not score from the redzone. Demarco Murry could fix that!

Yep, and our short yardage runs. We don't have a RB in Murrays league. If they sign Murray then I could see Matthews getting Sproles role and just using Sproles on Kick off returns and Punt Returns.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to admit it, everytime I saw a cowturd game I kept thinking that Murray was a better back than LaSean. He does not dance, he picks up yards on almost every play.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't read tweets. Give me some info please?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the same price as McCoy (this year), we might have Demarco Murray & Ryan Mathews. I loved McCoy but come on. That would be sick if true.

LTomlinson tweeting there is a "Strong" chance Murray signs with Eagles.

Murray looked absolutely awesome last year. Loved him in college. Again..if he stays healthy..A BEAST.
Murray would be smart to stay in Dallas and run behind that stellar OL.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray visits Philly tomorrow. He's an Eagle. The face on JJs face ... Priceless!

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EuphoricQueasyAmericanredsquirrel.gif

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be an interesting problem to have. The Eagles really didn't get the offense unleashed this last year. They led the league in offensive plays at 70, but I think they really want to be at 80 or so. If they were to kick it up like that you may see them running the ball 35+ times per game and then you really need at least two great RBs and could give each of them 250+ carries.

If they can stop a few teams defensively I could totally see this thing happening and making good use of Murray, Matthews, Sproles and Polk. In this scenario though, I would not be surprised to see Sproles be essentially the slot receiver. Especially if JMAT is moved outside in Maclin's spot, I could see Ertz being the big slot guy and Sproles being the quick one. Murray and Matthews have also been excellent pass receiving backs, so I could see them being split out alot, especially if the Eagles don't sign another significant Wide out. Its all about weapons rather than labeling guys as TEs, RBs or WRs and as long as the Eagles have enough weapons, I think the offense will be fine. Kelly is not going to insist on putting Cooper out there if it means leaving Sproles or Ertz on the bench just because he is a WR. At least I hope not.

Its kind of funny the way the NFL is that WRs are now getting overpaid and RBs are underpaid. Its crazy to think that Murray makes alot less than Maclin. An innovative coach will use that to the teams advantage and just load on on the RBs. Similar to what NE did with TEs with Gronk and Hernandez.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun watching Murray, Matthews, Sproles become a 3-headed monster, but I don't really mind too much either way. If we don't get him I'm not concerned. Get Marcus Gilchrist, Rahim Moore or Ron Parker in here asap.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they sign Murray & as I said, I think they will.... Chip is a straight bad ass.

Sam Bradford > Foles
Demarco Murray & Ryan Mathews > Shady
Kiko Alonso > Any of our ILBs
Byron Maxwell > Way better than any of our CBs
Walter Thurmond > Better than anyone we had last year

Thats a damn good haul.

Of course, we are not as good at WR but that will definitely be addressed. As should OG & S.

I'll be pumped if we land Murray. If it happens, we are gonna run the shit out of the ball even more than before. Bradford stays healthy & doesnt turn it over...watch out cause now we'll also have a DEFENSE.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the same price as McCoy (this year), we might have Demarco Murray & Ryan Mathews. I loved McCoy but come on. That would be sick if true.

LTomlinson tweeting there is a "Strong" chance Murray signs with Eagles.

Murray looked absolutely awesome last year. Loved him in college. Again..if he stays healthy..A BEAST.

Why would you want what amounts to 3 starting RBs? 2 of which arguably have every down capability. Seems like an overload of cash at just one position which is why most of us thought they traded McCoy.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want what amounts to 3 starting RBs? 2 of which arguably have every down capability. Seems like an overload of cash at just one position which is why most of us thought they traded McCoy.

Well that was the idea originally….Now we just want to stick it to Dallas :suds:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was the idea originally….Now we just want to stick it to Dallas :suds:

Your still probably sticking it to us either way by potentially driving the price up... which is my theory anyway:suds:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your still probably sticking it to us either way by potentially driving the price up... which is my theory anyway:suds:

Yeah, I think that might be the case as well. It would be fun to form a 3-headed monster with Murray, but I won't be all that upset if we don't land him lol. I'm fine with Matthews, Sproles, Polk and hopefully Ameer Abdullah.

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polk hasn't signed his QO right? So technically we only have 2 RB's right now in Matthews and Sproles. I could see them cutting Polk if Murray signs here and Polk doesn't get another offer and signs the QO.

If that happens, I see Murray getting the bulk of the carries, spelled by Mathews, and Sproles getting 20 offensive snaps a game out of the backfield and slot plus PR/KR duties.

Chip could institute a 2 back system too, with Murray/Mathews, Murray/Sproles or Mathews/Sproles on the field at the same time. We saw this a couple times last year when McCoy and Sproles would be out there at the same time.

Makes even more sense to use 2-back sets more given the loss of Maclin, as well. Definitely a viable option.

Last edited:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Murray & Matthews, you have BY FAR the best backfield in football.

Add in Sproles..and its not even close at all.

Polk is an after thought.

Chip obviously knows something I got a little worried about. He needs a stud RB.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip got caught with his pants down and got rid of McCoy expecting to land Frank Gore. Gore deciding not to come here, left Chip looking bad. I think he might have reached for Matthews too soon out of fear of being the last man standing when the music stopped and nothing to show for it at RB. Murray would be a much better RB to have than Matthews imho. Neither are what we would have had in Gore. If we draft a RB this year or next year - I'd have rather have had them mentoring under Gore. I just don't see Murray coming here after the money we just invested in Matthews. But I would be excited if we did. If a team is truly interested in Sam Bradford and offered us a 1st for him - I'd even be willing to take that deal and package both of our 1sts and move up in the draft. But I'd be after Kevin White, not Mariota. Big physical WRs will make any quarterback look better. White + Jordan Matthews as starting WR's??? man o man.