• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Delanie Walker

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We need him to be a threat in the passing game. As V.D. keeps racking up the TD's, teams will begin to focus on him more and more. At that point Walker needs to step up and be the Aaron Hernandez(poor man's version) to our Gronk.

That being said Walker has improved on his blocking skills.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need him to be a threat in the passing game. As V.D. keeps racking up the TD's, teams will begin to focus on him more and more. At that point Walker needs to step up and be the Aaron Hernandez(poor man's version) to our Gronk.

walker isn't gonna be a threat in the passing game. he's hit or miss when it comes to catching the ball. i'd rather go 3 wr's at this point and maybe even activate jenkins or james instead of walker.

walker can create mismatches but dude needs to be more reliable. with the amount of playmakers we can call on now, what's the point?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walker isn't gonna be a threat in the passing game. he's hit or miss when it comes to catching the ball. i'd rather go 3 wr's at this point and maybe even activate jenkins or james instead of walker.

walker can create mismatches but dude needs to be more reliable. with the amount of playmakers we can call on now, what's the point?

I think they value his run blocking.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our blocking should be fine without walker.

Mebbe, but it doesn't seem like Harbaalke agree with ya'. Add in, if Walker is inactive and VD gets dinged up, do we go 0TE's the rest of the game or count on Dobbs?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mebbe, but it doesn't seem like Harbaalke agree with ya'. Add in, if Walker is inactive and VD gets dinged up, do we go 0TE's the rest of the game or count on Dobbs?

go 3 wr. the question is does his positives outweigh the negatives? last year we needed walker because we were so thin at wr, this year that isn't the case.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go 3 wr. the question is does his positives outweigh the negatives? last year we needed walker because we were so thin at wr, this year that isn't the case.

I don't think our offense is designed to stay in 3WR sets.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our offense is not suited for a "sports car" styled game plan. We are more suited for a "sedan" type offense and Walker is needed in the "sedan" type offense we run.

S/N my analogy makes sense to me if their is clarification needed I will explain in another post :smile:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not seeing my point. We'll just leave it be.

we have a large enough playbook that we can limit our use of double TE sets. especially with our wr's stepping things up.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once coverage shifts to VD, I'd much rather have Smith take advantage of one-on-one coverage on the outside to Manningham or Moss, hell, maybe even Crabtree.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a big reason why i wanted dwayne allen in the 2nd round was to replace walker.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Once coverage shifts to VD, I'd much rather have Smith take advantage of one-on-one coverage on the outside to Manningham or Moss, hell, maybe even Crabtree.

True. That would be great. I really want to see this offense become more explosive. Similar to the first drive of the Detroit game. 4 plays and a touchdown. It's hard to put 10 to 15 play drives together all of the time. Each additional play is an opportunity for something to go wrong.

Back to Walker, would KW2 be and upgrade over Walker?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. That would be great. I really want to see this offense become more explosive. Similar to the first drive of the Detroit game. 4 plays and a touchdown. It's hard to put 10 to 15 play drives together all of the time. Each additional play is an opportunity for something to go wrong.

Back to Walker, would KW2 be and upgrade over Walker?

Too late, I saw on ESPN that the Patriots are going to pick him up until Hernandez comes back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to see him go but I won't miss all those dropped passes.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good TE but with VD we dont need him, he dropped too many passes

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crap. Walker was the only TE option I really liked. I hope they don't reach for Ertz now.

Actually, now I have my fingers crossed for Armstead in the early 3rd to see if they can make him a mostly blocking TE.