• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deja vu all over again

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Redskin fans we have all been here before. DJax is signed. Thoughts of an offense with Garcon, Morris, Jackson and Reed are mind boggling. Defense's can't put 8 in the box or Griffin can go over the top. If you put 6 or 7 in the box you run Morris at them. That doesn't even count Roberts.

But what about the here we go again. Is there one? The Redskins are now paying $4 million a year for a 3rd receiver. That's a lot of money. Will Griffin grow enough this year to make it all work? As Redskin fans we have seen the high priced free agent before and most often it has not worked out well. It is hard not to be excited for the kind of speed and explosiveness this team might have.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^True. It all hinges on Griffin.

There's nothing to hide behind this year. No rookie season where there wasn't enough film for opposing teams, and no debilitating injury (and subsequent absence from off-season practice) to hide behind.

We could have a gangbusters offense (hehe) or a fairly good offense. We shall see.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the statement he released a few days ago..

"First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed [sic] for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions. These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

DeSean Jackson issues statement following his release from Eagles | NJ.com

Think it had more to do with a rift with new coach Kelly than anything else? When he mentions Reid prominently, it's the first thing that came to mind.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy right is all I can say.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is desean a #3wr? if he is who is our #2?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was saying we are giving Andre Roberts 4 mil/season to be our #3.

This isn't deja vu. It's a 3 year deal and we are paying a fair price for a guy's talent. It's not an inflated contract and it's not a long-term albatross if it doesn't work.

The only complaint you can really have is the guaranteed money unless that's just the first two years of salary. I want to see what the signing bonus was.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't deja vu. It's a 3 year deal and we are paying a fair price for a guy's talent. It's not an inflated contract and it's not a long-term albatross if it doesn't work.

The only complaint you can really have is the guaranteed money unless that's just the first two years of salary. I want to see what the signing bonus was.

The signing bonus is probably pretty high with this year's salary fairly low. That way we can spread the bonus over the 3 years, making this year's cap hit not too bad.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was just a play on words. As Redskin fans we have been here time and again. We sign the big free agent, we hope for the best and then it doesn't work out. It's not a prediction on what is going to happen just "boys we have been here before."

Non Redskin fans are laughing at us. Here you guys go again. That's fine because we have no idea how things will turn out until we get out on the field but it looks like the best offensive weapons we have had since the late 80s/early 90s. I wasn't talking about the size of the contract because we don't know what it is. Just that here we go with the big prize again and everyone's expectations going sky high. Like the rest of you I am hopeful that this works GREAT!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a play on words. As Redskin fans we have been here time and again. We sign the big free agent, we hope for the best and then it doesn't work out. It's not a prediction on what is going to happen just "boys we have been here before."

Non Redskin fans are laughing at us. Here you guys go again. That's fine because we have no idea how things will turn out until we get out on the field but it looks like the best offensive weapons we have had since the late 80s/early 90s. I wasn't talking about the size of the contract because we don't know what it is. Just that here we go with the big prize again and everyone's expectations going sky high. Like the rest of you I am hopeful that this works GREAT!!

I understand your point & we all feel this way to a degree as Redskins fans. However - this situation is somewhat different than the past. For starters - up to this point - they didn't go crazy in free agency by any stretch. Also - Jackson kind of fell into their lap to a certain degree. Finally - until proven otherwise - I have to believe that this move was driven by Allen and Gruden & not Snyder (although he certainly likes it).

Other folks - especially Skins haters & those pretending to be Redskins fans - will portray this differently & basically act like idiots in the process. To that I say go screw yourself - who cares what they think. Like you mention - the only thing that matters is what happens on the field - time will tell.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I'm still not on the DJax bus I've seen nothing but positives on the signing years/$$ on other boards (non cowboys boards)
IMO $$$ wise it's a good signing by the front office, now if it was 6 yrs/60 million range I'd have different thoughts.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^True. It all hinges on Griffin.

There's nothing to hide behind this year. No rookie season where there wasn't enough film for opposing teams, and no debilitating injury (and subsequent absence from off-season practice) to hide behind.

We could have a gangbusters offense (hehe) or a fairly good offense. We shall see.

I pretty much agree with this. I trust him to be back to his old self, or close to it. Keep building that offensive line and get better on defense!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this again, I am not arguing against the signing. I am not forecasting who decided to do this. I am acknowledging ONLY at the irony of signing the shiniest penny again.

Obviously he fell in our lap. At $8 million per I say even better. My guess is we don't sign Roberts if we knew we could sign DJax. But what the heck that is three NFL caliber WRs an up and coming TE and one of the best backs in the NFL.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this again, I am not arguing against the signing. I am not forecasting who decided to do this. I am acknowledging ONLY at the irony of signing the shiniest penny again.

Obviously he fell in our lap. At $8 million per I say even better. My guess is we don't sign Roberts if we knew we could sign DJax. But what the heck that is three NFL caliber WRs an up and coming TE and one of the best backs in the NFL.

If this works out & they have decent health Morris should stand to gain the most. The defense won't be able to key on him (like they did many times last season) & he should thrive.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this works out & they have decent health Morris should stand to gain the most. The defense won't be able to key on him (like they did many times last season) & he should thrive.

:agree:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. And all they did was reach down and pick that penny up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is was this a allen move or a snyder one ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is was this a allen move or a snyder one ?

Why couldn't it be both? From what I hear, Gruden was pushing hard. I think its clear that Allen was in charge of the negotiations.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't it be both? From what I hear, Gruden was pushing hard. I think its clear that Allen was in charge of the negotiations.

well all off season we heard about snyder will meddle as a for gone conclusion with no chance that he had learned

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can call and ask, otherwise how would we know? I believe that Allen has Snyder's confidence. I think Allen is a much more competent GM than Vinny was. I think that is all we can know and that is not 100% knowledge of the circumstances.