• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

deflection rivers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were any other team, I'd say that it's just the coach finding out he's a terrible GM and making excuses to save his own ass.

But we're talking about the Clippers when Sterling owned them. No telling what that nut job may have vetoed.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he doesn't mention specific trades? LAME

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were any other team, I'd say that it's just the coach finding out he's a terrible GM and making excuses to save his own ass.

But we're talking about the Clippers when Sterling owned them. No telling what that nut job may have vetoed.

he is trying to save his own ass. he doesnt even refer to 2014 as a season because the owner is a racist. give me a break. not one of those players were thinking about it when they were on the court. if they were, then they are extremely mentally weak. doc has done nothing to improve the team since vinny left

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he doesn't mention specific trades? LAME

To be fair, he may not want to discourage future trade partners by showing he has a big mouth. Especially if any of those trades would reflect badly on another team.

End of the day, the GM works for the owner and can only make the moves the owner will allow.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has shown to be a horrible GM.
Sterling is an easy target to deflect his own failings as a GM.

And honestly, he is not as great a coach as his extremely lavish reputation.
He is a good coach no doubt.

But he is treated like he is a (Riley, Popovich, Jackson, Auerbach) for the new age from the media.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how, I think it's completely possible and most likely that Sterling vetoed trades that was detrimental to the team, but with all due respect, all owners have done that to some degree. That's just part of business. In The Clippers case with a nut job running the organization, it was a way of life and the normal pattern of behavior of a dysfunctional mental case

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if one of the deals was two first rounders, Sebastian Telfair, Ryan Gomes, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green and Theo Ratliff for somebody?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has shown to be a horrible GM.
Sterling is an easy target to deflect his own failings as a GM.

And honestly, he is not as great a coach as his extremely lavish reputation.
He is a good coach no doubt.

But he is treated like he is a (Riley, Popovich, Jackson, Auerbach) for the new age from the media.

Doc Rivers is literally 100% responsible for that series loss. Not 99%, not 98%.

He alone is fully responsible. The dust has settled and smart people in that organization know it.

He'll fail early, have a very public and personal spat with a top player (or two), blame them for everything, bemoan ownership and management, be fired midway through the season and subsequently be hired somewhere like Charlotte. He'll make a bunch of money, fail miserably (again), then end up somewhere like Valdosta State to make a little more money before retiring in ignominy.

Cliff notes: Doc Rivers is cancer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Rivers is literally 100% responsible for that series loss. Not 99%, not 98%.

He alone is fully responsible. The dust has settled and smart people in that organization know it.

He'll fail early, have a very public and personal spat with a top player (or two), blame them for everything, bemoan ownership and management, be fired midway through the season and subsequently be hired somewhere like Charlotte. He'll make a bunch of money, fail miserably (again), then end up somewhere like Valdosta State to make a little more money before retiring in ignominy.

Cliff notes: Doc Rivers is cancer.

So, I'm sensing from this post that you don't like Doc Rivers.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One coach is considered God by the media and public.
One coach is considered okay by the media and is virtually unknown by the public.

Rick Carlisle
7 50+ win seasons in 13 years with 3 diffrent teams
1 NBA title
career .590 winning percentage

Doc Rivers
6 50+ win seasons in 16 years with 3 diffrent teams
1 NBA title
career .570 winning percentage