• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to take Humphrey for Houston. Will re-think and make a pick.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Humphrey will going earlier, irl. Dickerson's injuries probably push him back a bit. Center isnt really a position to grab a boom/bust guy imo so Humphrey is probably firmly rd2 for me. I just didnt take him on the Chiefs because they signed someone in FA

yea, I could have taken Humphrey over Dickerson... decided to take the upside over injury risk... with my first round also being an OL, I thought I could go for the Home run... as I can afford having him as depth...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you generally like NC State DT's... Didn't you like McTelvin Agim a lot last year?

I did draft Agim in the 4th last year in this mock and then the Broncos did me one round better in the real thing.

The red jerseys look good on fat guys, NC state, Arkansas, wherever ;)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly my 3rd rounder was my toughest pick to decide upon. Wanted to fill a position of dire need but think I can do that in Round 4 still. Had a lot of value here and Jaguars can use a lot of help.

Honestly, was hoping you would go the same route as me this draft... going ALL offense... its a weird strategy, especially with so many picks... But the way I see it, you want to give your rookie QB every reason to shine, and being a bad team again next season is still the goal too...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp there goes the guy I was looking to trade up for

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I could have taken Humphrey over Dickerson... decided to take the upside over injury risk... with my first round also being an OL, I thought I could go for the Home run... as I can afford having him as depth...
I do feel like the Jets are one of the teams that would maybe take upside over floor. They aren't winning a Super Bowl next year and Dickerson if healthy is one of the best C prospects you'll ever see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Humphrey will going earlier, irl. Dickerson's injuries probably push him back a bit. Center isnt really a position to grab a boom/bust guy imo so Humphrey is probably firmly rd2 for me. I just didnt take him on the Chiefs because they signed someone in FA

He was the main competition for my 2nd round pick. Ultimately, I went with Meli as he had a senior day visit with the Bills and I drafting Creed means he needs a role this year, with the Bills needing him for next year if they move on from Morse.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did draft Agim in the 4th last year in this mock and then the Broncos did me one round better in the real thing.

The red jerseys look good on fat guys, NC state, Arkansas, wherever ;)

LOL- Yeah, I don't know why I made that comment. DUH! Brain dead moment!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Tyson Campbell pick. I may have him higher then most people though. Really love the CB value with the last few CB's taken.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill make a fun comment...

If a qb is drafted in the first round, and he starts any games his rookie season... If he does not average an Interception per game or 2 TDs per game(rounded to the closest .25), then the coach should be fired... no matter who the coach is...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have no idea how many times I am in a mock and fantasy league where @eaglesnut and I always seem to pick right next to each other and we steal each others pick 1 pick before!!!!!! It happened again!

Grant was a guy I considered with my Round 2 pick and never dreamed he would make it back to me. Only to finally smell the victory of him getting back to me to have what apparently is the second coming of a DC DB whore eaglesnut to select him 1 pick before me. ;)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill make a fun comment...

If a qb is drafted in the first round, and he starts any games his rookie season... If he does not average an Interception per game or 2 TDs per game(rounded to the closest .25), then the coach should be fired... no matter who the coach is...

Sure, it's a waste of a pick if you hide him and don't let him sling it, but you can't let a rookie QB torpedo the other 52 guys' season either.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have no idea how many times I am in a mock and fantasy league where @eaglesnut and I always seem to pick right next to each other and we steal each others pick 1 pick before!!!!!! It happened again!

Grant was a guy I considered with my Round 2 pick and never dreamed he would make it back to me. Only to finally smell the victory of him getting back to me to have what apparently is the second coming of a DC DB whore eaglesnut to select him 1 pick before me. ;)
I almost texted you before the Falcons pick that I was taking him or (another safety), but wanted you to get your hopes up.:D

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost texted you before the Falcons pick that I was taking him or (another safety), but wanted you to get your hopes up.:D

MEAN!! Isn't there some WR you could have drafted? ;)

I actually have Grant and Holland rated fairly similar so as long as I got one I was ok... I didn't think either would make it back to me to be honest. They were just the 2n and 3rd S to go in this draft. Just would have been nice to get Grant after he was a guy I considered last round and he fell one pick shy. I like his ballhawk skills. I think Fangio might be more of a Holland guy though.... So whateves! Just glad they both didn't go right before me. Not that it matters, it is a mock.... Nothing good comes out of who I take in a mock. ;)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEAN!! Isn't there some WR you could have drafted? ;)

I actually have Grant and Holland rated fairly similar so as long as I got one I was ok... I didn't think either would make it back to me to be honest. They were just the 2n and 3rd S to go in this draft. Just would have been nice to get Grant after he was a guy I considered last round and he fell one pick shy. I like his ballhawk skills. I think Fangio might be more of a Holland guy though.... So whateves! Just glad they both didn't go right before me. Not that it matters, it is a mock.... Nothing good comes out of who I take in a mock. ;)
After passing on Waddle in round 1 none of these WRs seem worth it.

I really like Holland too. I considered both of these guys in rd 2, but I like a lot of safeties in these middle rounds.

I might go DB next pick too.

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it's a waste of a pick if you hide him and don't let him sling it, but you can't let a rookie QB torpedo the other 52 guys' season either.
True. But for the most part if you are drafting a good qb you got them because you were not a good team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After passing on Waddle in round 1 none of these guys seem worth it.

I really like Holland too. I considered both of these guys in rd 2, but I like a lot of safeties in these middle rounds.

I might go DB next pick too.
S draft isn’t real top heavy this year but should be plenty in that rd 3-4 range of quality. I was fine with Holland like I said. There are things I like better about him and vice versa.
Another DB?? Thadda boy!! My kind of GM!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert That was funny. I just made a tweet raving about Jamar Johnson.... Came back here to check your pick and you took Jamar Johnson.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert That was funny. I just made a tweet raving about Jamar Johnson.... Came back here to check your pick and you took Jamar Johnson.
Felt like too good of a deal to pass up at that point. Giants have Mckinney and Peppers, but I think 3rd safety plays enough now to make it worth it. Especially with Peppers versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.