• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings getting Devonta Smith without trading up will likely be seen as a pretty darn good pick. You'd be looking at about 4 years with the Vikings having the best WR corp in the league
That is how I looked at it. Can’t pass that up.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings getting Devonta Smith without trading up will likely be seen as a pretty darn good pick. You'd be looking at about 4 years with the Vikings having the best WR corp in the league
I gave him a thought at 11 just based on the value. I felt Giants have too many holes and just spent a lot on skill positions so I could not do it. He would have been a steal at 11, 14 is grand theft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a 2nd round grade on my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder. As such, I'm not terribly in love with the Cosmi pick. I think the Chiefs are going to be trading up or 'reaching' on an OT that is off the radar.

How do you grade?? do you list players 1-?? and then say if a player is in the range 33-64 he is a second rounder grade?? or do you give players points, such that there is over 32 players that have a second round grade??

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you grade?? do you list players 1-?? and then say if a player is in the range 33-64 he is a second rounder grade?? or do you give players points, such that there is over 32 players that have a second round grade??
Just kinda tiering them based on where I see gaps in who I want to target. First round players fit or exceed a mold. That or they have a unique mold that creates an exploitable mismatch somewhere.

Second round players are good players that dont hit certain requirements or players that hit those requirements but have too many questions around them to be First Rounders.

I'm not going to pretend that I watch enough college tape to have massive insight. Im pretty heavily influenced by consensus opinions but I do have my own as well

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kinda tiering them based on where I see gaps in who I want to target. First round players fit or exceed a mold. That or they have a unique mold that creates an exploitable mismatch somewhere.

Second round players are good players that dont hit certain requirements or players that hit those requirements but have too many questions around them to be First Rounders.

I'm not going to pretend that I watch enough college tape to have massive insight. Im pretty heavily influenced by consensus opinions but I do have my own as well

basically I wanted to know if you have first round grades on 32 players, 2nd round grades on 32 different players, and so on...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically I wanted to know if you have first round grades on 32 players, 2nd round grades on 32 different players, and so on...
Nah. Big pool of 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders for me. Not a huge pool of 1st rounders and 4th rounders (although the latter might be because I haven't looked at a lot of these late round guys in detail)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang! 5 pass rushers in 6 picks.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of OL and DL going.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think overall people do a very good job in this mock. So don't take this the wrong way. One thing I have noticed in DCFFL and probably most other mocks done like this is that people want to get their OL and DL early. They panic a bit. Teams can always use OL help. It is a position that every year any team can essentially use any depth at OL. The problem I think is that people start grabbing OL when the value isn't their. They want to fill that position, but they pass up on other positions of value that will go higher in the real draft.

I am going to strongly put my money on if I go back to past DCFFL mocks and if I look at the players that were taken too early compared to the real draft the biggest rate will be OL followed by DL... I feel a lot of drafts you can still get the same OL in Round 4 that you can get in Round 6. The value at DL and OL isn't there right now, IMO. I wish I was picking right now needing a DB or WR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with that being said 3 of them fell just now.

I love the picks of Seth Williams, James Wiggins and Trill Williams.

Seth is a beast. He doesn't have the flash some of these WR's in the draft have but the guy has the skillset to be dominant in the red zone. He is quick for a big WR and get off the line well. Made some very athletic catches at Auburn. Has a very high ceiling, IMO.

James Wiggins is a baller. Not a guy you want covering one on one deep, but a guy who plays very smart, can hit and tackle. Gets to the ball well... Will make an impact from day 1 on special teams and should be able to get on the field early.

Trill Williams is still a bit raw but his best football may be ahead. Great length, his man to man needs some work but far from a negative as well. The key will be if he can put all of his physical tools into action to reach his full potential. These are 3 very very nice Round 4 picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, Seth Williams and Jaelon Darden both off the board about a rd later than I thought theyd go. I could overthink this next pick but I wont

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and with that being said 3 of them fell just now.

I love the picks of Seth Williams, James Wiggins and Trill Williams.

Seth is a beast. He doesn't have the flash some of these WR's in the draft have but the guy has the skillset to be dominant in the red zone. He is quick for a big WR and get off the line well. Made some very athletic catches at Auburn. Has a very high ceiling, IMO.

James Wiggins is a baller. Not a guy you want covering one on one deep, but a guy who plays very smart, can hit and tackle. Gets to the ball well... Will make an impact from day 1 on special teams and should be able to get on the field early.

Trill Williams is still a bit raw but his best football may be ahead. Great length, his man to man needs some work but far from a negative as well. The key will be if he can put all of his physical tools into action to reach his full potential. These are 3 very very nice Round 4 picks.

Thanks. I wasn’t planning to go with another WR for Jax but the value was too good to pass. Like you said the OL and DL have been going like fireants and that left a lot of value at other positions.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered Wiggins for Baltimore, but panicked and reached for the need position of center. That, and I didn't do my homework last night and only had a couple of names in mind when I got otc. I'm at work and don't have the time to dig too deeply into BPA.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On "DC's OL/DL controversy"

It's won in the trenches, boys.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On "DC's OL/DL controversy"

It's won in the trenches, boys.
He is biased against the big uglies. Well, maybe not so much against them, but he certainly is a DB homer.

Defensive backs. Just wanted to clarify that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is won in the trenches but it doesn’t mean you reach for it over value. ;)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you guys are doing, keep doing it! Was going to go LB at the last Rams pick (went WR), and most of my choices were still here this round. Draft projections for Monty are all over the place, but this will work right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.