• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DBacks at Phillies Series Thread (8/23 - 8/25): Last one out, turn off the lights

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok these two and 3 with SD SF and TOR

need to win 8 or 9 of those 11

that would give us a shot coming down the stretch for one final run

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max 6 IP and gave up 0, Parker 8 IP and gave up 1. Not a bad day for ex Dbackers.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way to tell if either of those guys would have been as good for the dbacks. Parker had control issues and scherzer never got run support here. It is a guessing game but it would have been fun to see.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer had pretty solid numbers here in the year and a half he pitched for us. Great strikeout rate and a solid ERA for a guy in his rookie season. I was pissed when we traded him.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way to tell if either of those guys would have been as good for the dbacks. Parker had control issues and scherzer never got run support here. It is a guessing game but it would have been fun to see.

They never gave Parker a shot here though. Scherzer at least got somewhat of a shot and they took a risk. I can't blame them too much for that. They gave up on Parker because they were afraid of the injury he had and gave up on him.

It the same reason I would hate to trade Skaggs just yet. He hasn't been that good, but he's only 13 starts in and has nasty stuff. It reminds me of how Kershaw pitched when he first came up. He was just as bad but you knew his stuff was nasty. Not saying Skaggs is Kershaw though lol.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They never gave Parker a shot here though. Scherzer at least got somewhat of a shot and they took a risk. I can't blame them too much for that. They gave up on Parker because they were afraid of the injury he had and gave up on him.

It the same reason I would hate to trade Skaggs just yet. He hasn't been that good, but he's only 13 starts in and has nasty stuff. It reminds me of how Kershaw pitched when he first came up. He was just as bad but you knew his stuff was nasty. Not saying Skaggs is Kershaw though lol.

You actually took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say that we never really let Parker develop. He was supposed to be the first of a string of aces for this ball club. It is tragic really!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to say anything but this feels like a special night for del gato! :;):

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through Kershaws first 16 career starts, he had given up 40 ER in 79 IP for a 4.56 ERA.