• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Day Three - Rams Draft Thread Continued

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks Steven Means DE Buffalo 6-3 260
Panthers A.J Klein ILB Iowa St 6-1 250
Rams Brandon McGee CB Miami 5-11 193 ?!?!?!?!?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are either going to take a couple of the remaining O-lineman in the 6th like Chris Faulk or we are going with what is on the roster already.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I'm sort of disappointed with Brandon McGee... Seems a bit of a reach and we still haven't drafted a safety.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita - we took the safety TJ McDonald in the third. McGee did project to be a 5th round pick.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita - we took the safety TJ McDonald in the third. McGee did project to be a 5th round pick.

images

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retro, I think you are right in that Fisher and Snead have their guys, now it is depth. McGee is for depth and he is a decent height speed guy. Yes I agree we needed to replace Fletcher and I guess this is who they took. 1st player taken from the University of Miami, wow how years have changed. Mid grade player in my opinion, not a bad pick just not a sexy one either. I wanted Rambo. Still on the board but can't figure he will be there until our couple in the 6th. Oh well. Starters: Austin, Ogletree, McDonald, maybe Bailey by all accounts on the NFL Network and ESPN, both think he is an A pick. Jones may start at a OG position and if Wels struggles, he might be at center. McGee is depth pick. Pretty good draft so far, I think we could have gone a few different ways with some picks but I have to think that Fisher and Snead took who they did for a real reason. I questioned every Spags pick because thay were stupid but Fisher and Snead seem to have it figured out for team needs. Oh by the way the NFC West was discussed on ESPN and the groug thought that it is very possible that the NFC West is the best division in the NFC if not all of football but also that 3 teams might very well make the playoffs next season.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Fellas haven't been following much outside of day 2; so Rambo is still on the board? Who is the corner we picked up?? Also Did Bradley Fletcher sign with another team, i mean i don't see why he wasn't retained at a decent contract.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Fellas haven't been following much outside of day 2; so Rambo is still on the board? Who is the corner we picked up?? Also Did Bradley Fletcher sign with another team, i mean i don't see why he wasn't retained at a decent contract.

Rambo is on the board, but we took the RB from Vanderbilt, Zac Stacy.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams traded up a while back, at pick 160, and drafted the RB from Vanderbilt.

Our draft is over now.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I knew we definitely were going to take a RB late and apparently we didn't want anyone else but Stacy so we traded up!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Pittsburgh has draft 4 players I wanted. Just took Terry Hawthorne and have 3 defensive athletic beasts in this draft. All can hit. All good speed. Hawthorne is from East STL and was a great player in high school, went to ILLINOIS as a WR and played both.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody knows Hawthorne it's Junkie. We took McGee over him so let's see who pans out!

Junkie - get started on next year's draft!

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that everyone we drafted will make the roster. In the past, we couldn't always have even wished for that!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft is over now.

Fisher and Snead I'm sure will continue to look at the un-drafted dudes. Maybe they can pluck a gem out of there, who knows..

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacy is first back at Vandy to have back to back 1000 yard seasons. Likes running the middle, Lil Bull, 5-9, 213. Can you say Goal Line. Fisher and Snead had all they wanted and traded up for Lil Bull, overall decent draft, great at the top and after Jones, a little about depth and a goal line guy. See ya guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine: Fletcher signed with the Eagles. Thus our pick with McGee. Yes we get the running back from Vanderbilt. And yes Rambo is still out there. Sportjunkie, you may be right on -again!

Blue, I don't know the answer to your question as to why we did not pick up another safety like Rambo. It appears to me Fisher and Snead feel they have all the players they want and thus have made the trade up to get the last pick. How this all plays out remains to be witnessed especially with all of the non-drafted FAs invites to come tomorrow after the draft.

But there are significant players epecially O-lineman that we could have drafted with our remaining picks. Guys like Chris Faulk and Marquardt. Maybe they get a FA invite??

I am in agreement with Sportsjunkie in that Pittsburgh put on a drafting clinic as did San Diego, Houston, and even Seattle. Our picks are pretty good and we did address needs. I suspect that the guys we did get will be good to great players but it just appears to me that we still have this reticence to take quality athletes when they are right in front of us in favor of some splash player who may or may not work out. I also surmise that every club can say these same things but when you compare our draft with say a Pittsburgh or even Seattle, I am inclined to believe what ShaneC stated a couple of weeks ago when FA started. That being we are still slightly behind our competitors in talent again.

One clear example is the situation with Saffold. He has stated that he'll move to RT this year. But we have a player who in a year could very well be gone because he wants to play at LT where the money is. Granted, he may do a good job, but in a year from now we start over unless one of the back-ups we have on the roster such as Nyseke or Barksdale or even Barrett Jones are being groomed. But here is the point. We did not give ourselves a greater margin of error by actually selecting another RT when we had the chance in the later rounds that were traded away.

I suppose Blue, you may be right in that we can trust Fisher/Snead and I was in that camp until what I saw transpire over the last several days. And I am still in that camp but with a little less fervor. I still may return with a greater ferver, but I have seen this scenario too many times come back and bite us over the years when a club like Pittsburgh continues to win (only club with 6 superbowl wins) because their drafts are fundamentally sound and they find supreme talent while we cut players every year and hope to be winners sometime in the future.

IDK, I suppose I'll let this draft settle and see what transpires between now and OTA's. I think we significantly improved ourselves over last year. Our needs have been met and Sammie has some real targets now. But the gut level question is: Is the talent we have now enough? The answer depends on what good enough is for. Do we have enough to win it all? IDK. What I do know is that we are still rebuilding and the answers to these questions may still be a couple of years away.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita: I'll see you on the Lakers pages. The score prediction results are in. The rest of you I'll be in touch here. I'm done.