• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davon Coleman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you are right, but I saw him as more of a SS.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the league, or none of the Kiper/Mayocks? Remember teams draft boards and the "experts" draft boards are at times very different. How many experts had Ealy or some of those QBs dropping as far as they did?

once you get passed the 1st round no one has a clue who teams are going after. several boards i looked had players getting picked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that didn't get picked until the 6th or 7th and in some cases not even drafted and players that were late round picks or projected UDFA's that got selected in the 2nd or 3rd.

the teams have their own selection process that grades the players different than these so-called "experts"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once you get passed the 1st round no one has a clue who teams are going after. several boards i looked had players getting picked in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that didn't get picked until the 6th or 7th and in some cases not even drafted and players that were late round picks or projected UDFA's that got selected in the 2nd or 3rd.

the teams have their own selection process that grades the players different than these so-called "experts"

Agree. I have no problem making assumptions of a player's value and where they may go and also even using the "guru's" opinions or mock drafts as backup if you so choose. What I disagree with is an absolute like "no one else in the League thought he was worth more than a 6th rounder". It's possible that's the case, but we don't know that.

Part of the draft strategy is trying to figure out who will go where. If you can get a guy in the 5th or 6th, why take him in the 3rd? But there is obviously some risk there too. This was my whole point on Frederick and Escobar last year. I had no problem with Frederick. My feeling was that there were other players on board and the chance that Frederick would be there in the 2nd round was worth holding off on him and just taking Reid, Floyd or whomever you wanted and then HOPEFULLY pairing with Frederick in the 2nd round. I, myself, stated that I would have preferred to wait on Hitchens, so I'm not criticizing someone else for stating the same thing. We just have to remember that the team has a draft board that isn't based on mocks and for all we know they had Hitchens prettty highly rated. They said they had Street as a 3rd rounder and passed on him for Hitchens. So I assume they may have had a 3rd round grade on him too...