• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David West

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually a downgrade from Splitter. He had become dead weight for the Pacers late last season. Golden State is still the team to beat in the in the western conference.

Even though I'm thrilled he opted out and saved us $12 million, he made some critical comments about Bird in doing so. He's gonna get booed when he returns to the Fieldhouse next season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually a downgrade from Splitter. He had become dead weight for the Pacers late last season. Golden State is still the team to beat in the in the western conference.

Even though I'm thrilled he opted out and saved us $12 million, he made some critical comments about Bird in doing so. He's gonna get booed when he returns to the Fieldhouse next season.
On the contrary, who on the pacers thought they even had a chance last year? It was easy to stop trying. That would actually fit the narrative of west desperately wanting to join an actual contender for the next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like both sides were ready to move on. Clearly the Pacers were done with him and he walked away from $11 million to play for the Spurs.

I missed his comments about Bird. What'd he say?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real sign of regression I see statistically is that he is getting to the line about 1 less time a game and he isn't shooting quite as well but its so insignificant that it could be attributed to being on a worse team.

All I know is that if Lebron makes a poster out of David West then West will hipcheck him into the third row

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real sign of regression I see statistically is that he is getting to the line about 1 less time a game and he isn't shooting quite as well but its so insignificant that it could be attributed to being on a worse team.

All I know is that if Lebron makes a poster out of David West then West will hipcheck him into the third row

His scoring average dropped as the Pacers got worse, not a good sign for his prospects of getting big minutes in the Spurs' rotation. Without Paul George drawing defenses, he struggled to create his own shot last season. He's also not getting any thinner with age and his defense will only regress.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His scoring average dropped as the Pacers got worse, not a good sign for his prospects of getting big minutes in the Spurs' rotation. Without Paul George drawing defenses, he struggled to create his own shot last season. He's also not getting any thinner with age and his defense will only regress.
Sure but he was still pretty close to being David West. He doesn't even need to be in the Spurs starting lineup. He can just spot Duncan minutes and is insurance in case he goes down. To my knowledge, Tim Duncan is his idol. I have zero doubt in my mind that David West is going to go into SA giving 110%

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs got rid of Splitter for Lamarcus Aldridge.

They did not decide to dump Splitter for David West. That is simply not true.

West was merely a bonus addition at a freaking bargain price.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like both sides were ready to move on. Clearly the Pacers were done with him and he walked away from $11 million to play for the Spurs.
I'm sure the money isn't as important as winning at his age.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I missed his comments about Bird. What'd he say?

But an honest assessment from Bird did turn off West. Following the season, Bird discussed the team's plans to alter their style of play and pointed toward the struggles of Hibbert in particular, putting the big fella on notice that his playing time was no longer a given should he return to the team. Those comments had West thinking, but eventually, watching the Warriors win a championship motivated his decision to chart a new course.

"That's one thing where I wish they would have handled better was the situation with Roy," West said. "I'll be honest with you, that bothered me a little bit, and I told Roy that. I'm the type of guy who feels like we're all in this fight together and I'm not designed in that way to put it all on one guy. That did rub me the wrong way. That threw me off. I started reading some of that stuff, I started thinking, 'Whoaa.' I just didn't feel good about that. I told Roy that it bothered me, that he's still my teammate.

"You know, obviously Roy wants to play, he knows he's unpopular right now, but we talked and he's going to be a professional. He's always been a professional. He's had his ups and downs but he's always been a pro and been diligent about his work. He's working to get better. He's going to fight. He's not going to be one of those guys who's going to become a locker room issue.

David West soured on Pacers after watching the Finals and Larry Bird discuss Roy Hibbert - Indy Cornrows

David West did not think Pacers were title contenders, has issue with Larry Bird | FOX SportsDavid West did not think Pacers were title contenders, has issue with Larry Bird | FOX Sports

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But an honest assessment from Bird did turn off West. Following the season, Bird discussed the team's plans to alter their style of play and pointed toward the struggles of Hibbert in particular, putting the big fella on notice that his playing time was no longer a given should he return to the team. Those comments had West thinking, but eventually, watching the Warriors win a championship motivated his decision to chart a new course.

"That's one thing where I wish they would have handled better was the situation with Roy," West said. "I'll be honest with you, that bothered me a little bit, and I told Roy that. I'm the type of guy who feels like we're all in this fight together and I'm not designed in that way to put it all on one guy. That did rub me the wrong way. That threw me off. I started reading some of that stuff, I started thinking, 'Whoaa.' I just didn't feel good about that. I told Roy that it bothered me, that he's still my teammate.

"You know, obviously Roy wants to play, he knows he's unpopular right now, but we talked and he's going to be a professional. He's always been a professional. He's had his ups and downs but he's always been a pro and been diligent about his work. He's working to get better. He's going to fight. He's not going to be one of those guys who's going to become a locker room issue.

David West soured on Pacers after watching the Finals and Larry Bird discuss Roy Hibbert - Indy Cornrows

David West did not think Pacers were title contenders, has issue with Larry Bird | FOX SportsDavid West did not think Pacers were title contenders, has issue with Larry Bird | FOX Sports

Thanks. Hadn't seen that. I think West is a bit out of line here. The team was changing direction/style of play and Hibbert was going to need to either show that he could make that change or move on.

I don't think any players like losing teammates, but these things happen and West has been in the league long enough to know that.