• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Amerson

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes out to some of our draft/college football guys (Pozz, Bingo, Ray, Clyde).

Apparently we are looking at this guy and I know he tested out well but what has he shown you guys on film and where can he be expected to go?

I've watched literally 0 NC State games this year, so I can't really comment on this one.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will go in the 2nd. You'll probably have to take him earlier than 63, but he might fall to there. He was a top 5 pick before the season started, but he had a pretty down year this year. He is the best ball hawk in the country though. I think he'd be better served at FS where he can just ball hawk, but he has the skill as shown by last year to play CB. Big kid too, 6'3.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude's one of the more talented DBs in all of college football. He could play either corner or FS in the NFL IMO. He's a little raw though. Wouldn't expect him to play well at all his first year if he's a CB. If he's a FS, I don't know. Probably not FS eiter because he played CB. Will turn 22 in December, so he's pretty young.

He was severely inconsistent in the games I saw him play. He seemed a little unsure / hesitant in terms of what angles to take when a WR gets a short pass. He's VERY easy to block too.

For a team like the Niners, who are ready to compete for a SB right now, I don't think Amerson would be a great pick. He could be a good one in a couple of years, and if he's there at 63 I think he could pose some good value. I like the fact that he's pretty fast & has good hands, which is why he could develop into a good ball-hawking FS. I think it's gonna take a while though.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's one of the more talented DBs in all of college football. He could play either corner or FS in the NFL IMO. He's a little raw though. Wouldn't expect him to play well at all his first year if he's a CB. If he's a FS, I don't know. Probably not FS eiter because he played CB. Will turn 22 in December, so he's pretty young.

He was severely inconsistent in the games I saw him play. He seemed a little unsure / hesitant in terms of what angles to take when a WR gets a short pass. He's VERY easy to block too.

For a team like the Niners, who are ready to compete for a SB right now, I don't think Amerson would be a great pick. He could be a good one in a couple of years, and if he's there at 63 I think he could pose some good value. I like the fact that he's pretty fast & has good hands, which is why he could develop into a good ball-hawking FS. I think it's gonna take a while though.

I don't disagree completely, but he was amazing in 2011 in college. I'm not sure what happened this past year, but I think he could contribute a lot from day 1.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't disagree completely, but he was amazing in 2011 in college. I'm not sure what happened this past year, but I think he could contribute a lot from day 1.

Do you see him contributing at CB or FS from day 1?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see him contributing at CB or FS from day 1?

I think he could at either, more limitedly at FS because it would be a new position. But if you give him a limited role at FS, such as being a ball hawk and not expecting a ton in run support I think he could be very good in the pass game as a FS as a rookie.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the worst CB I watched of all the big names. He got thoroughly abused over and over by UT. Think Culliver in Super Bowl bad and maybe even worse. I didn't bother watching him anymore after that. Apparently he didn't fare any better the rest of the year so no one can defintively say he is the 2011 or 2012 David Amerson.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the worst CB I watched of all the big names. He got thoroughly abused over and over by UT. Think Culliver in Super Bowl bad and maybe even worse. I didn't bother watching him anymore after that. Apparently he didn't fare any better the rest of the year so no one can defintively say he is the 2011 or 2012 David Amerson.

He wasn't THAT bad the rest of the year. And on one of those TD's he gave up against UT he was supposed to have over the top help and he let the guy by into the Safety who wasn't there.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Ray, I asked you guys cause I know you watch alot of college football and I like to get imput from people who actually watch the games and not just high lights, combine numbers and stats. That is why I rely on you, Pozz, Clyde and Bingo for a lot of the evaluations on these people that I don't get to see too often.

So expect some more topics aimed directly at you guys, between now and the draft haha.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This goes out to some of our draft/college football guys (Pozz, Bingo, Ray, Clyde).

Apparently we are looking at this guy and I know he tested out well but what has he shown you guys on film and where can he be expected to go?

I've watched literally 0 NC State games this year, so I can't really comment on this one.

For real? Where did you hear/read that news from? I've been out for 48 hours and I am already missing out on a ton of sexy news.

Well, Amerson is one of my favorite prospects in this entire class. Though he has the size, I don't think he could play the safety position for us. This guy tackles like Tarrel Brown - pretty awful technique that is his issue when it comes to trying to deliver the big hit as opposed to simply focus on wrapping up the runner. It's not that he is unwilling to tackle, it's just that his technique is runner and try to tackle a player with his head facing the ground. He would have trouble running with extremely fast receivers, but he would be instantly considered one of the very few defensive players who has the ability to jump and challenge guys like Rice, Fitz, Dez, during a jump ball situation. His ball sills is at an elite level. He has a nose for the ball and has average to good instincts to play the position. People often mistake these three amazing qualities (ball skills, size, instincts) that he posses as an indicator that he can play the safety position. In addition to that, he doesn't have the innate tenacity or aggressiveness to play the safety position. At the end of the day, the kid is a playmaker. We need to find a way to add him on our roster and I am confident that the coaches will put him in situation that would suppress his flaws.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real? Where did you hear/read that news from? I've been out for 48 hours and I am already missing out on a ton of sexy news.

Well, Amerson is one of my favorite prospects in this entire class. Though he has the size, I don't think he could play the safety position for us. This guy tackles like Tarrel Brown - pretty awful technique that is his issue when it comes to trying to deliver the big hit as opposed to simply focus on wrapping up the runner. It's not that he is unwilling to tackle, it's just that his technique is runner and try to tackle a player with his head facing the ground. He would have trouble running with extremely fast receivers, but he would be instantly considered one of the very few defensive players who has the ability to jump and challenge guys like Rice, Fitz, Dez, during a jump ball situation. His ball sills is at an elite level. He has a nose for the ball and has average to good instincts to play the position. People often mistake these three amazing qualities (ball skills, size, instincts) that he posses as an indicator that he can play the safety position. In addition to that, he doesn't have the innate tenacity or aggressiveness to play the safety position. At the end of the day, the kid is a playmaker. We need to find a way to add him on our roster and I am confident that the coaches will put him in situation that would suppress his flaws.

It was on the twitter of one of the beat writers, or maybe it was ************, I follow like 3 of them.

Great analysis on the tackling though. Sounds like he could be a bit of a project but there are a lot of CB's who are, especially bigger ones like Sean Smith and Nnamdi.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Amerson - DB - Player

The Denver Post expects the Broncos to select a cornerback in the first or second round of the draft.

Beat writer Mike Klis reports the Broncos are adopting the Seahawks' strategy of targeting bigger cornerbacks, and it shows with the signing of 6-foot-2 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie last week. The top larger-framed cornerback prospects in the draft include Xavier Rhodes, Johnthan Banks, Tharold Simon, and David Amerson.
Source: Denver Post

Mar 24 - 1:30 PM