• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DaVante Adams Punishment?

Punishment Should Be?

• 1 Game

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 2-4 Games

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Season

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Fine Only

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Other - Explain

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the punishment be if a random stadium worker threw a player to the ground for no reason? Fired? Arrested and charged? That’s what should happen to Adams.

what should happen and what will happen since he is a football player is never the same

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will have to suspend him. There are too many folks on sidelines and there is too much potential for this to happen in every game. If they go light here, it will set a potentially dangerous precedent. For that reason, I suspect they'll go with 1 game. The only thing that gives me pause is that Adams did explicitly go out of his way to address the situation and offer an apology before being asked to do so. If he would have come into the locker room showing no remorse, I think the punishment would be certain. But given his proactive apology I could see them reducing it to a fine.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him whatever Rodman gave that cameraman when he kicked him in the leg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always tell who ESPN is trying to protect by the title.

a "person" .....really ESPN?

"Raiders' Davante Adams pushes person postgame, apologizes"​

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Willie Gay got 4 Games for breaking a fuckin vacuum cleaner...
I can be wrong here, there is a Raiders factor (which sickens because there is certainly a Cowboy factor with ole Rodger) but star players they want on the field, good for the NFL kinda logic.

Come to think about it...he sits two weeks.
Rodger hammers the Raiders for sure.
What was I thinking

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,229.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him getting only a fine but then again this is the nfl so anything is possible

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him getting only a fine but then again this is the nfl so anything is possible
Goodell:
The West Wing Lesson GIF by HBO Max

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell will suspend him. TV pays the bills. Probably 1 maybe 2 games.

But I'd pull that guys media credentials and never let him into another game. It looks to me like he even bumped into Adams by not paying attention with a armful of equipment that theoretically could have hurt Adams.

In reality no actual chance he hurts an NFL player by bumping him with a camera stand. Whole TV pays the bills, the players are the actual product. You can't completely fuck them over every time. Plus that guy ran straight to the lawyers. Fuck him.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams tweet:

“Sorry to the guy I pushed over after the game,” Adams tweeted after the game. “Obviously very frustrated at the way the game ended and when he ran infront of me as I exited that was my reaction and I felt horrible immediately. Thats not me..MY APOLOGIES man hope you see this.”

Give the man a break. Maybe a small fine for league to say “you shouldn’t do that.” Slap on the wrist. Heat of the moment type thing. He does not deserve a suspension of any kind, IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell will suspend him. TV pays the bills. Probably 1 maybe 2 games.

But I'd pull that guys media credentials and never let him into another game. It looks to me like he even bumped into Adams by not paying attention with a armful of equipment that theoretically could have hurt Adams.

In reality no actual chance he hurts an NFL player by bumping him with a camera stand. Whole TV pays the bills, the players are the actual product. You can't completely fuck them over every time. Plus that guy ran straight to the lawyers. Fuck him.

Yah you gotta kind of pay the F attention what you're doing with players on the field and then the game is over and you run right in front of them not looking or anything? I mean the shove was a little much, but c'mon guy. Pull your head out of your ass and be a little aware of wtf you're doing. Probably saw the cheerleaders bending over and was focused on getting that 'shot'.

Running to your lawyers and the hospital? Really? I mean if he had a broken arm or something fine, and I could see a small claims court for any medical bills or lost salary if he can't work (can't really be a camera guy with a broken leg/arm, etc.) but really guy? Didn't look that bad.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah you gotta kind of pay the F attention what you're doing with players on the field and then the game is over and you run right in front of them not looking or anything? I mean the shove was a little much, but c'mon guy. Pull your head out of your ass and be a little aware of wtf you're doing. Probably saw the cheerleaders bending over and was focused on getting that 'shot'.

Running to your lawyers and the hospital? Really? I mean if he had a broken arm or something fine, and I could see a small claims court for any medical bills or lost salary if he can't work (can't really be a camera guy with a broken leg/arm, etc.) but really guy? Didn't look that bad.

I mean we think of Adams as one of the little guys. Those tiny skilled WR's though are almost all 6' plus and over 200. I think Adams is like 6'1 220 ish? That's a heavyweight boxer... AND he's wearing armor. And just came off of 3 hours that we was colliding with other giants at a much higher speed and ferocity.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but if you run in front of a car you can't be surprised it knocks you over. It's where the saying; "If you mess with a bull, you get the horns." came from. On the street this probably doesn't happen. But run into an a fully padded NFL player on the field and I'm really not surprised he gave him a little extra shove. But the thing is if Adams hadn't noticed him and just bumped into him with his shoulder pads, probably the same thing happens to the 130 pound guy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean we think of Adams as one of the little guys. Those tiny skilled WR's though are almost all 6' plus and over 200. I think Adams is like 6'1 220 ish? That's a heavyweight boxer... AND he's wearing armor. And just came off of 3 hours that we was colliding with other giants at a much higher speed and ferocity.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but if you run in front of a car you can't be surprised it knocks you over. It's where the saying; "If you mess with a bull, you get the horns." came from. On the street this probably doesn't happen. But run into an a fully padded NFL player on the field and I'm really not surprised he gave him a little extra shove. But the thing is if Adams hadn't noticed him and just bumped into him with his shoulder pads, probably the same thing happens to the 130 pound guy.

Yah I mean either way it'd look bad, that guy would've for sure gone down like a ton of bricks if they'd collided without the shove....

But yah, watch where the fuck you're going. It's like people on their dumbass phones these days trying to navigate down a street. I keep my line and check right into em' when they're doing that zig zag or literally move right into you (pending the guy, I ain't screwin' with some guy built like an NFL player). Always gets met with this, "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING BRO, WTF" and I scream back: "Says the dork buried in his phone."