• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DaVante Adams Punishment?

Punishment Should Be?

• 1 Game

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 2-4 Games

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Season

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Fine Only

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Other - Explain

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah you gotta kind of pay the F attention what you're doing with players on the field and then the game is over and you run right in front of them not looking or anything? I mean the shove was a little much, but c'mon guy. Pull your head out of your ass and be a little aware of wtf you're doing. Probably saw the cheerleaders bending over and was focused on getting that 'shot'.

Running to your lawyers and the hospital? Really? I mean if he had a broken arm or something fine, and I could see a small claims court for any medical bills or lost salary if he can't work (can't really be a camera guy with a broken leg/arm, etc.) but really guy? Didn't look that bad.
It looks like he was jogging back to locker room and the camera guy blocks his way. That’s on the journalist, he’s probably insured for that type of reckless behavior.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like he was jogging back to locker room and the camera guy blocks his way. That’s on the journalist, he’s probably insured for that type of reckless behavior.

I mean I see Adams walking a bit quickly to the locker room/tunnel, and the dork literally just looking straight ahead while the game is ending and you know guys are walking towards the locker room/tunnel, and just runs right into Adams. Like wtf, you didn't see a 220 person in pads and all the other players that were going in? WTF was he so focused on where he's just that oblivious? I mean, I rarely see stuff like that. Yah Adams was a bit excessive, but I'd be annoyed if I was him as well. Watch where you're going, reminds me of a person bicycle who just blows right through like they own the road, get nailed by a car with the right of way, but then everyone says the car should've looked and the cyclist gets all upset.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I see Adams walking a bit quickly to the locker room/tunnel, and the dork literally just looking straight ahead while the game is ending and you know guys are walking towards the locker room/tunnel, and just runs right into Adams. Like wtf, you didn't see a 220 person in pads and all the other players that were going in? WTF was he so focused on where he's just that oblivious? I mean, I rarely see stuff like that. Yah Adams was a bit excessive, but I'd be annoyed if I was him as well. Watch where you're going, reminds me of a person on their phone in a car and fail to yield at a stop sign."
It was almost in the tunnel, where did that camera come from and for what? Not the best way to get an interview or better picture.
Media should be restricted from that area. They can be a pest.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minimal fine.

This isnt that big of a deal. Cameraman was a spazz that walked into his path. Didnt deserve to be shoved but you jump in front of an angry guy at the wrong time and that is what happens.

And all it was was a shove. People talking about assault on this in different places is just laughable.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it wasn't much of a "shove."
Cuts in front of Adams and falls pretty gently to the ground after a stumble. It could have been much worse, but was this guy trying to get hit?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with a fine.

As for the camera guy claiming assault and injury, I don't think he has a leg to stand on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts in front of Adams and falls pretty gently to the ground after a stumble. It could have been much worse, but was this guy trying to get hit?
I wouldn't say he tried to get hit, but he has just as much fault as Adams

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I'd pull that guys media credentials and never let him into another game. It looks to me like he even bumped into Adams by not paying attention with a armful of equipment that theoretically could have hurt Adams.

Plus that guy ran straight to the lawyers. Fuck him.
These points are most relevant to this thread. A large fine would be excessive punishment.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say he tried to get hit, but he has just as much fault as Adams
The way he ran to the cops and lawyers almost makes me wonder if his uncle is a lawyer and they planned this.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe anyone is actually suggesting more than a game. Go watch soccer you fairies.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,509.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Fine... I don't see him getting suspended though...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe anyone is actually suggesting more than a game. Go watch soccer you fairies.
What normal people think and what Goodell thinks aren't always in line. To suggest that it's outside the realm of possibility that Goodell comes down hard is really myopic. Goodell doesn't see things as right or wrong, he sees them as good for business and bad for business. This is bad for business.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ridiculous this is such big issue. It is maybe worthy of a slap on wrist. Small fine.
95% of people would have done what the player did in that situation … get out of my way.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media should be reprimanded and maybe even punished in this event. Funny to make this incident about the player.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,743.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Davante Adams,wtf is he to just shove someone down......?

I dont give a shit if the cameraman got into his wzy,does that mean for now on I can start shoving people down just cause they got into my wsu.....lol,no it doesnt.

Too bad the cameraman didnt put his foot alongside his knee,maybe Davante will think a little harder next time......

I think they will have to suspend him. There are too many folks on sidelines and there is too much potential for this to happen in every game. If they go light here, it will set a potentially dangerous precedent. For that reason, I suspect they'll go with 1 game. The only thing that gives me pause is that Adams did explicitly go out of his way to address the situation and offer an apology before being asked to do so. If he would have come into the locker room showing no remorse, I think the punishment would be certain. But given his proactive apology I could see them reducing it to a fine.

Im sure a LVR rep told him he may wanna apologize.......If Davante felt remorse,he shouldve done it right there......

Adams tweet:

“Sorry to the guy I pushed over after the game,” Adams tweeted after the game. “Obviously very frustrated at the way the game ended and when he ran infront of me as I exited that was my reaction and I felt horrible immediately. Thats not me..MY APOLOGIES man hope you see this.”

Give the man a break. Maybe a small fine for league to say “you shouldn’t do that.” Slap on the wrist. Heat of the moment type thing. He does not deserve a suspension of any kind, IMO.

Give him a game or two.......
What happens next time,someone gets s concussion by hitting there head on something behind them......

It was uncalled for......

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Davante Adams,wtf is he to just shove someone down......?

I dont give a shit if the cameraman got into his wzy,does that mean for now on I can start shoving people down just cause they got into my wsu.....lol,no it doesnt.

Too bad the cameraman didnt put his foot alongside his knee,maybe Davante will think a little harder next time......

Im sure a LVR rep told him he may wanna apologize.......If Davante felt remorse,he shouldve done it right there......

Give him a game or two.......
What happens next time,someone gets s concussion by hitting there head on something behind them......

It was uncalled for......
:pop2:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ridiculous this is such big issue. It is maybe worthy of a slap on wrist. Small fine.
95% of people would have done what the player did in that situation … get out of my way.
Lol.

Like you have the balls to go around knocking grown men to the ground while they’re working.

That’s hilarious.