• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daron Payne "I just want what I earned." n 20 Skins players hitting FA

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we keep focusing in on Mathis? Is Ridgeway not a possible answer to start in place of Payne? He had some boneheaded plays, but he played fine I thought and is still progressing as a player. We can't give up on him after 1 year or brand him a permanent back up until he is off the team. Players can develop...much like Davis did last year.

My priority list if I am running the show and IF the Howell rumors are true:

LT
C
LB (we literally have only Davis right now as Holcomb is a FA)
RG
DT
CB
LG
TE
3rd down back

Some of those are mix and match. I do agree we cannot address everything in one offseason...but we say that year after year. I would like to see an attempt to address as much as we can unlike last year where Rivera made cuts and then turned in for the offseason.
Because of depth

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likening Payne to Wentz is hilarious.

I would tag Payne. He is a major player on the D. Let Mathis get healthy and see how he plays next year along with Ridgeway. I don't want RR spending a lot of money on FA.

Fix the OLine, tag Payne and resign Curl.

Lets see what a new owner brings.
What was hilarious is that there was a 9-month war over the great Carson Wentz and how this team was going to make the playoffs with double-digit wins. What is hilarious is how common sense is so easily dismissed.

Wentz was the focus of 90% of the topics on the board for 9 months...now it is shifting to Payne.

The good news is that I am not going to fight that battle. We can sign Payne to a 1 year 200 million dollar contract...I am not going down that path again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Duke I am focusing on Mathis because he would be the starter and ridgeway would be the rotation guy , the ionman/ settle role . An injury to Allen or Mathis means Bada and Potoa’e ( potato ) would get time and there would be a huge drop off .
if I find out about Mathis and he is good then I can get BU depth in the 24 draft

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am tagging him for this year until i know mathis has something . the LOS is the most important part of a football team on both sides . now if mathis shows he is something then hey let him go after next year

as far as the clowney pair who knows what they are going to get

Well, I estimated Allen pretty well. And based off your projections, I am on track to be right with Payne.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a legit OC, I can see Howell balling out. As we all know, our new OC will simply be here for a year. Allegedly, we are changing to running team next year anyways.

If an OC comes here and performs well with this offense, the new HC may very well be that OC. That OC could also impress the future coach and simply be kept here. Or that OC can use that job as a springboard to another gig.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I estimated Allen pretty well. And based off your projections, I am on track to be right with Payne.
I used your estimates , Allen came in a little lower but your estimates were good

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payne isn't a must have. He is great but I am against forcing anyone to be here if they would rather explore the market. It is a business...fans sometimes don't get that and think every player WANTS to play here. I would love to have Payne back but I am not interested in raising his price tag for 2024.
I like Payne n he made more splash plays than any other DL. I'm not against the Skins keeping him, if they do sign him long term, cool. I just don't see signing every starter on the DL to a long term, top dollar contract as feasible. I think Allen gave the Skins a discount, but he's a hometown kid who wanted to play for his fave team. That's cool as shit, but not the norm. If the Skins do re-sign Payne it'll very likely be a bigger contract than Allen got and Sweat n/or Young will if they re-sign probably get bigger contracts than Payne. That's a lotta cap tied up by 4 players all playing on the same unit of the team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Payne n he made more splash plays than any other DL. I'm not against the Skins keeping him, if they do sign him long term, cool. I just don't see signing every starter on the DL to a long term, top dollar contract as feasible. I think Allen gave the Skins a discount, but he's a hometown kid who wanted to play for his fave team. That's cool as shit, but not the norm. If the Skins do re-sign Payne it'll very likely be a bigger contract than Allen got and Sweat n/or Young will if they re-sign probably get bigger contracts than Payne. That's a lotta cap tied up by 4 players all playing on the same unit of the team.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully, Payne and his agent make it happen.

I am simply worried about that OLine to be honest.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have seen a couple mocks giving us OL help in the second and a first round corner. Honestly, I think that is the way we need to go because I think there may be better value at our pick in the first for a corner.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, with good reason. The entire OL could use an upgrade n if RR Mayhew do something stupid like trading for a QB. The OL will likely be a shambles again.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, with good reason. The entire OL could use an upgrade n if RR Mayhew do something stupid like trading for a QB. The OL will likely be a shambles again.
Facts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a couple mocks giving us OL help in the second and a first round corner. Honestly, I think that is the way we need to go because I think there may be better value at our pick in the first for a corner.
Seems like this free agency is stacked with guards. We might be able to address the guard front in free agency and grab a tackle in the early rounds.

I wish we could draft the entire OLine actually.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like this free agency is stacked with guards. We might be able to address the guard front in free agency and grab a tackle in the early rounds.

I wish we could draft the entire OLine actually.
Not me…an entire OL of rookies would be a disaster.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we drafted may Grimm and bostic In the same draft and jacoby was a udfra

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we drafted may Grimm and bostic In the same draft and jacoby was a udfra
Pretty close - May was the 1st round pick, Grimm the 3rd round pick, Jake was a UDFA all in 1981, they got Bostic UDFA in 1980; Starke was the vet

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty close - May was the 1st round pick, Grimm the 3rd round pick, Jake was a UDFA all in 1981, they got Bostic UDFA in 1980; Starke was the vet
Well we could draft 3 o/lineman and turn this line around . 3 rookies have done it before and Paul can be the bostic

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chase Young not being the 3rd Bosa i hoped he be, I don't want to lose a talent like Payne.
Maybe i'm being too harsh blaming Wentz, the OC, and the offensive line for missing the playoffs this year.
The defense was great, and Payne had a lot to do with that. he's almost a must sign to me

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chase Young not being the 3rd Bosa i hoped he be, I don't want to lose a talent like Payne.
Maybe i'm being too harsh blaming Wentz, the OC, and the offensive line for missing the playoffs this year.
The defense was great, and Payne had a lot to do with that. he's almost a must sign to me
You definitely do not let him walk.