• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Darius Slay and the Detroit Football Lions @ DA RAIDERS

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Pat leaves and NE has the #1 defense in the NFL without him. Says about all you need to know.

So the guy whose defense allowed 41 points in the superbowl is bad at defense?

Reactions: Rob

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The minute they lost. My buddy text me who is a huge Pats fan is like. Good luck with that coach.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very historically bad defense. Thanks Patricia. I've been on the fire Patricia bandwagon since day 1. A sexual assaulted combined with the stupid pencil thing (he thinks he's a legend) is all i needed to know about him.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the franchise has done is regress since Caldwell was fired.
3 winning seasons and two playoff games out of 4 years is a reason to get fired by the "Lions Fan Base" in the Lions Organization. 2017, the Lions Fan Base whined saying Caldwell was too conservative.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it looks like the refs did us a favor by fucking us against the packers and chiefs.

Need that sweet sweet position in the draft. I dont know which TE we take, but I am excited to find out.

Reactions: Rob

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford had too many miscues and cost the game still despite a bad defensive effort it was winnable.
Question... did you see Kenny Golladay or Marvin Jones on the field for the very last play? It was never winnable when they're not trying to win.

angif-drop-the-ball.gif

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you aren't trying to blame Stafford of all people for this loss. Without Stafford, this team would be easily 0-7.

This whole defense is a predictable shit show. Man to man 80% of the time that is EASILY beat with crossing routes.

You dont say.

Captain_Obvious_Really.jpg

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question... did you see Kenny Golladay or Marvin Jones on the field for the very last play? It was never winnable when they're not trying to win.

angif-drop-the-ball.gif

I referred to that. I had no idea what they were trying to do with that entire formation and play. Bevell choked.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense is not based on having superstars. It is based on everyone being able to to their job. NE is using the same one. All their players do their job. The Lions have 5 guys that dont. They did a better job of mixing up formations but at the end of the day the players have to execute. They are also not wrapping up on tackles anymore. Just throwing shoulders in. That needs to change. Front 7 needs a lot of changes.

We also should have been doing the AA gap blitz. They had a tackle playing center. I did not see 1. Saw Davis blitz once. Thats about it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 winning seasons and two playoff games out of 4 years is a reason to get fired by the "Lions Fan Base" in the Lions Organization. 2017, the Lions Fan Base whined saying Caldwell was too conservative.

All you need to know about Caldwell is that no other NFL team even gave him a sniff. Not even an OC now. Double demotion. That tells you everything.

But hey, You guys know more then every GM and coach in the NFL.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is not based on having superstars. It is based on everyone being able to to their job. NE is using the same one. All their players do their job. The Lions have 5 guys that dont. They did a better job of mixing up formations but at the end of the day the players have to execute. They are also not wrapping up on tackles anymore. Just throwing shoulders in. That needs to change. Front 7 needs a lot of changes.

We also should have been doing the AA gap blitz. They had a tackle playing center. I did not see 1. Saw Davis blitz once. Thats about it.

Really onlyn2 takeaways you can have from this. Either Patricia is not great, but was a puppet for Bilicheck, or Quinn does not know how to aqcuire players that fit the system. I think it is a combination of those two things. Both need to go.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front 7 is terrible other than Kennard and Flowers.

DL has talent to succeed and be dominant but scheme is all wrong. Injuries to multiple players have had a negative impact on what could have been this year. On paper this team should be successful up front but they aren't. MP hasn't made the proper adjustments in game and he's too damn stubborn to do so. What may worked for NE isn't working here with these players.

Coordinators need to be flexible, multi-faceted and step out of their comfort zone but they rarely do.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford had too many miscues and cost the game

You can't expect Stafford to throw 40+ times a game and not have a couple mistakes.

This game ended eerily similar to the Vikings game whereas the defense was a no show once again late in the 4th quarter.

Every damn game the Lions have played this year they could've won.

When your defense cannot get stops on 3rd down and in turn get gashed the way they have then you shouldn't be placing the blame on Stafford, imo. It's on Patricia and his defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was shaking my head when I saw Golladay and Jones jogging off the field.
One play left and you send 80% of your passing attack to the sidelines and throw to your third string TE.

This, right here.

1000 times repeated.

It most likely cost them the opportunity to send this game into OT.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for seeing what Don Brown could do with the talent on this defense (minus our lackluster LB corps). At least he has the balls to call for blitzes and put pressure on the opposing QB's.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for seeing what Don Brown could do with the talent on this defense (minus our lackluster LB corps). At least he has the balls to call for blitzes and put pressure on the opposing QB's.

I agree, I would like to see the defense taken over by someone who can run it on their own. I dont want our HC being a DC as well. We actually added more talent and the defense got worse. Heck I would take Austin back.

We have definitely seen the benefits of having an OC that can come in and run his own scheme. Huge gains from the last 2 years.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL has talent to succeed and be dominant but scheme is all wrong. Injuries to multiple players have had a negative impact on what could have been this year. On paper this team should be successful up front but they aren't. MP hasn't made the proper adjustments in game and he's too damn stubborn to do so. What may worked for NE isn't working here with these players.
Deja Vu of a different philosophy, the wrong personnel and injuries. Maybe MP can tell BQ that he needs to sign Has Beens and Bench Warmers from Tampa Bay (oops I mean the Patriots) for Joe Barry (oops I mean Paul Pasqualoni) for a good defense.