• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darcy Regier On Hot Seat?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A day after suggesting that Sabres general manager Darcy Regier was close to losing his job (video), Sportsnet reporter Nick Kypreos clarified that nothing was “imminent” regards to a possible regime change in Buffalo.

“I never said anything’s imminent,” Kypreos said on the radio today, per Kukla’s Korner. “I never said that this is happening. That’s an insider that basically talks about things that we’re hearing and what’s out there. I think that people are under the impression that I was reporting that this was gonna happen, and that was not the case.”

Still, Kypreos went so far yesterday as to name a pair of potential replacements — Jason Botterill and Tom Fitzgerald, the assistant GM and assistant to the GM, respectively, in Pittsburgh.

The Sabres earned their first victory of the season Tuesday evening, beating the New York Islanders, 4-3, in a shootout.

They also told the Buffalo News there was “no truth to the report” from Kypreos.

Kypreos clarifies: nothing?s ?imminent? with Regier in Buffalo | ProHockeyTalk

Video is in the link too

I think definitely at some point Darcy Regier will be gone, it's inevitable - this team needs an organizational change and they need it bad at GM

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How he's still here is shocking. I guess years and years of irrelevance under his direction wasn't enough...they have to actually be the worst team in NHL history to ponder making the move.