• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Shelton? Yes, I'm dreaming....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Danny Shelton will likely be off the board when Dallas picks, so there is that.

But, what if Shelton is on the board when Dallas picks? I think this guy is a very intriguing fit for Dallas. This guy is huge, and extremely strong and athletic. He could be another Haloti Ngata type -- which is why he is likely to go in the top half of the draft.

Shelton would be the IDEAL 1-tech. Put him next to Crawford on the inside with Hardy and Lawrence at DE, and you would have an extremely formidable front 4.

Hell, while I'm dreaming...

#27: Danny Shelton
Trade next years first for a top second round pick: Marcus Peters, Byron Jones
#60: Ajayi, Coleman, D. Johnson
#91: Randall, Orchard, Flowers

Depending on who falls, I would be okay with trading next years first to get into the top of the 2nd for a crack at Peters or Jones. If Dallas is a contender next year, the first rounder won't be much better than a top 2nd pick anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Danny Shelton will likely be off the board when Dallas picks, so there is that.

But, what if Shelton is on the board when Dallas picks? I think this guy is a very intriguing fit for Dallas. This guy is huge, and extremely strong and athletic. He could be another Haloti Ngata type -- which is why he is likely to go in the top half of the draft.

Shelton would be the IDEAL 1-tech. Put him next to Crawford on the inside with Hardy and Lawrence at DE, and you would have an extremely formidable front 4.

Depending on who falls, I would be okay with trading next years first to get into the top of the 2nd for a crack at Peters or Jones. If Dallas is a contender next year, the first rounder won't be much better than a top 2nd pick anyway.
Shelton will never make it to 27. It's possible he could make it out of the top 10, in which case you could trade a 1@2 to go get him if you wanted
There are some similar big DT's that could be there at 27. Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Carl Davis are all 320 DT's projected in that range. I think it's possible the Cowboys wait on RB till the 3rd round, and go corner in the 1st, aDT like Bennett or Cooper in the 2nd, and maybe a runner like David Cobb or David Johnson in the 3rd

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I wouldn't expect Shelton to be on the board. But then again, Sharrif Floyd was supposed to be the #2 pick in the draft, according to the prognosticators. I did say I was dreaming right? lol

Malcolm Brown and Eddie Goldman would be great picks for Dallas, but I wouldn't pass up a CB for either of those two. Shelton on the other hand...

On the topic of trading next years first, does that make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes you are dreaming.

...and I'm the one with the pipe-dream here when it comes to any AP trade, something that many many people have been talking about for some time now as a possible scenario in the media??

smh

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are dreaming.

...and I'm the one with the pipe-dream here when it comes to any AP trade, something that many many people have been talking about for some time now as a possible scenario in the media??

smh

The difference is I know what I am saying is likely unrealistic. You honestly believe the bull shit you spout.

Why don't you jam out another paragraph of what you would do if you were AP? Those were pretty entertaining (and concerning).

You must be the dumbest S.O.B. posting on this board.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I wouldn't expect Shelton to be on the board. But then again, Sharrif Floyd was supposed to be the #2 pick in the draft, according to the prognosticators. I did say I was dreaming right? lol

Malcolm Brown and Eddie Goldman would be great picks for Dallas, but I wouldn't pass up a CB for either of those two. Shelton on the other hand...

On the topic of trading next years first, does that make sense to anyone else, or is it just me?
Trading next years 1st could net you a mid 2nd rounder this year. If they feel this draft is much stronger than next years, it might be worth it. In that case, you might get a CB like Peters in the 1st, pick up Tevin Coleman in the mid 2nd, a maybe a DL at 60. Sounds great.....the risk is, if the wheels fall off and we go 4-12, we wouldn't have that top 5 overall pick. On the other hand, if we won the Super Bowl and that pick is 32, it would be a great deal

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM Greg's 2017 backfield for the Cowboys ... Brett Tebow.... err....Hundley and AP(with a walker)

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading next years 1st could net you a mid 2nd rounder this year. If they feel this draft is much stronger than next years, it might be worth it. In that case, you might get a CB like Peters in the 1st, pick up Tevin Coleman in the mid 2nd, a maybe a DL at 60. Sounds great.....the risk is, if the wheels fall off and we go 4-12, we wouldn't have that top 5 overall pick. On the other hand, if we won the Super Bowl and that pick is 32, it would be a great deal

Agreed. I see it much more likely Dallas is a contender this year than 4-12.

Dallas could potentially package next years 1st and a 4th this year and get in the top 3rd of this years 2nd round.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is I know what I am saying is likely unrealistic. You honestly believe the bull shit you spout.

Why don't you jam out another paragraph of what you would do if you were AP? Those were pretty entertaining (and concerning).

You must be the dumbest S.O.B. posting on this board.

Hit a nerve?

Why post it then, and even try to back up some weak "theory" here with "logic" in a follow up post??..lol

I seriously doubt you or your girlfriend here from Kentucky really know much of anything about football, and are just fanboys shooting the breeze here. Just like to see yourselves post random bullshit on this board all the time....but that's just me.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, trade away next year's 1st rounder now to move up???

This is getting good.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit a nerve?

Why post it then, and even try to back up some weak "theory" here and logic in a follow up post??..lol

I seriously doubt you or your girlfriend here from Kentucky really know much of anything about football, and are just fanboys shooting the breeze here. Just like to see yourselves post random bullshit on this board all the time....but that's just me.

Random B.S.? This coming from the guy who typed out like 300+ paragraphs of what he would do if he was AP?
Seriously man, you are pretty delusional.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I see it much more likely Dallas is a contender this year than 4-12.

Dallas could potentially package next years 1st and a 4th this year and get in the top 3rd of this years 2nd round.
I could see scenarios where that makes sense. If they got, say Peters or Byron Jones in the 1st and Tevin Coleman was still there in the late 30's.....or maybe Gordon falls to them in the 1st, and a guy like Jalen Collins is there in the early 2nd. Might be more likely they package their 2nd and 3rd to move up, but it's not out of the realm

Let's say your scenario is what they did. If Coleman were added to the backfield, and with two 2nds and a 3rd, the Cowboys added something like CB Jalen Collins, DT Michael Bennett, and DE Za'Darius Smith, added to Sean Lee coming back and Hardy at midseason, does that give the Cowboys a legit contender?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, trade away next year's 1st rounder now to move up???

This is getting good.

Can you read? It doesn't seem like it.

Trade next years first for an additional second rounder -- depending on who falls.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read? It doesn't seem like it.

Trade next years first for an additional second rounder -- depending on who falls.

Come on dude, you're better then this. Leave these crazy ideas in Disneyland.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude, you're better then this. Leave these crazy ideas in Disneyland.

You miss the point of a message board, Greg. If you weren't so lacking in social skills you would be able to participate, too.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You miss the point of a message board, Greg. If you weren't so lacking in social skills you would be able to participate, too.

Funny, I hear that all the time :skip:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I hear that all the time :skip:

Perhaps you should take the advice to heart then?

I don't mind your opinions, you can think whatever you want. The way you attempt to degrade others for having a different opinion is childish, and tiresome. The way you attempt to hammer home your (sometimes) baseless opinions to others who don't agree is boring. You would do well to learn that sometimes it is better to agree to disagree. Instead, like a child, you chide and instigate shit with others because they don't see things from your clearly superior point of view. Your shit is weak.

It's very ironic that you put that Skip Bayless image up - at least you have some idea of what others think of you.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton will never make it to 27.
There are some similar big DT's that could be there at 27. Malcolm Brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Carl Davis

Okay, so let's substitute Brown or Goldman for Shelton - would you consider trading next years 1st and this years 4th for a high 2nd, if guys like Peters or Jones fall to the second round? Assuming a trade can be made...

#27: Brown, Goldman
TRADE: 2nd: Peters, Jones
#60: Coleman, Ajayi, D.Johnson, Abdullah
#91: S, DE

Remember, Jerry is more likely to make a trade than not.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you should take the advice to heart then?

I don't mind your opinions, you can think whatever you want. The way you attempt to degrade others for having a different opinion is childish, and tiresome. The way you attempt to hammer home your (sometimes) baseless opinions to others who don't agree is boring. You would do well to learn that sometimes it is better to agree to disagree. Instead, like a child, you chide and instigate shit with others because they don't see things from your clearly superior point of view. Your shit is weak.

It's very ironic that you put that Skip Bayless image up - at least you have some idea of what others think of you.

Funny, you NEVER mock or insult others here when unprovoked right? You and others here need to "practice what you preach" dude. When you and others here learn to grow up and respect different viewpoints, then that's when I will...btw, your "shit" here has been old with me for some time now. I asked you a simple question yesterday about your age, you then responded with an unprovoked insult. Find a clue will ya?..I'm not just here to agree with you and your board-buds opinions all the time.

Just another hypocrite.

Last edited: