• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Danny Farquhar

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is this guy on any major league roster right now!? Every time he appears in a game it's a guarantee he will give up at least one run.

The guy has had 17 total appearances this year and he's only had 3 appearances in which he hasn't given up a hit. 9 of his appearances he has given up a run and 6 of those appearances he has given up 2 or more runs.

His past two outings he has pitched 0.1 inning each and given up 3 against the angels and 2 tonight against Houston.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is his time here isnt much longer. He could be the casualty for Ramirez on Tuesday or Pryor not to far after.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capps was having the same issue and got sent down recently and it wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Farquhar pretty soon. It seems to me that Wedge likes giving guys chances to break out of slumps at the major league level before the decision is made to send them down because the team is not currently in contention and they can afford to do it. I do think, though, that if they keep winning and getting closer to .500, they might be quicker on the trigger with these young relievers when they struggle. We'll see.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Capps it's pretty clear that the guy is in a slump or has some mechanical issues cause he was pretty good out of the pen early in the year for us. With Farquhar I don't think he's ever had any stretch ever in his career where he's pitched well in the majors.

He does strike out a lot of batters though, maybe Wedge likes that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every time farquar is put into the game i cry a little bit on the inside.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did this guy become 90s Jeff Nelson!?

10.2 innings 2 hits 0 runs 17 ks

Wtffff! lol

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do realize that players go through rough patches and also go through pretty brilliant spots too. I believe Farquhar could be a legit middle distance guy a la Scott Downs or Brad Ziegler but I also believe he will go through some bumps to get there.
Just 2 weeks ago you were wondering why he was on a MLB roster and now look.....

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He figured something out a couple weeks ago and it was plain as day when he was sent in for close situations instead of mop up. He started K'ing a bunch of guys, so they are obviously being fooled. He is not blowing them away since I think his FB tops at 93 or so. Medina is great as well. If Luetge could get his act together like last season and Pryor comes back strong we will have a good BP next season. Maybe even Capps although he has been pretty inconsistent. Lost our shot at trading Wilhelmson.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He figured something out a couple weeks ago and it was plain as day when he was sent in for close situations instead of mop up. He started K'ing a bunch of guys, so they are obviously being fooled. He is not blowing them away since I think his FB tops at 93 or so. Medina is great as well. If Luetge could get his act together like last season and Pryor comes back strong we will have a good BP next season. Maybe even Capps although he has been pretty inconsistent. Lost our shot at trading Wilhelmson.

Looks like Pryor is being shut down for the season according to recent articles. I think this is a good move.

If Walker and perhaps Hultzen are on the 25 man roster next year, Seattle could quite possibly be pushing for 90+ wins for the first time in a decade.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep in mind the 3 righties we were relying on out of pen at the end of last year were Pryor, Kinney and Capps. 2 of those three have been hurt forcing Capps to be overused in the 1st couple of months which led to him getting hit hard and losing his confidence.
Farq added the curveball and he has taken off since then. If he can be a signifcant part of our pen going forward then maybe that Ichiro trade will serve more of purpose then I thought.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Pryor is being shut down for the season according to recent articles. I think this is a good move.

If Walker and perhaps Hultzen are on the 25 man roster next year, Seattle could quite possibly be pushing for 90+ wins for the first time in a decade.
Well from what I heard he's hurt again, not just being shut down.

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be cool if Danny can keep it up and become a legit dependable reliever. It would be like getting a consolation player for Montero sucking...and to think Farquhar was just "some guy" that came over in the Ichiro trade.