• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels, Marecic Waived. Cunningham signed.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh!, :wtf2: what's going on? Are we getting a wide receiver?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Daniels will likely get stashed on the PS and it could've been the plan all along to stash him later when rosters are more set than during cut down day when rosters are more in flux.

Either way if we're down to our 3rd QB for an extended amount of time the season is all but over anyways. So ultimately it really doesn't matter who's the 3rd QB anyhow.

Not to mention Kap is the future for a long while and at best Daniels and whoever else we bring in would only serve as quality depth so it's not like Daniels will ever be a massive loss if he goes elsewhere.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh!, :wtf2: what's going on? Are we getting a wide receiver?

obviously we'll see what Baldwin can do for the offense once incorporated...

but the sarcastic response from would be that WR help comes after wk 6.... i'm pretty sure there'll be no trade for a WR unless something pops up in either one of MM & Crabtree's recovery.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked Daniels got released. He looked ok and I thought going into this they knew was going to be a project. I think this has to do more with McCoy. They dont trust him. With Skelton he can come in a play because of experience.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked Daniels got released. He looked ok and I thought going into this they knew was going to be a project. I think this has to do more with McCoy. They dont trust him. With Skelton he can come in a play because of experience.

Why not waive McCoy and keep Daniels?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skelton throws like shit, at least daniels can run

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Depth? If this were the case then why not simply keep Cam Johnson?

Jermaine Cunningham - DL - 49ers

49ers signed DE/OLB Jermaine Cunningham.

The Patriots released Cunningham with an injury settlement early last month. Cunningham appeared in 12 games for the Pats last season, making three starts. He's notched 59 career tackles and 3.5 sacks. He's a nice piece of depth for the 49ers' undermanned defensive line in the absence of Aldon Smith.

Oct 1 - 5:00 PM

Because Aldon Smith hadn't had his second DUI in two years at that time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't love these moves, don't hate them. A bit disappointed we're giving up on Daniels, but so it goes. The odds of him becoming even a solid backup were always slim, but I like the idea of a third string QB with some upside, and Daniels had that. Not a big fan of Skelton, but I trust Harbaugh with QBs, so we'll see.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why not waive McCoy and keep Daniels?

If I had to speculate. . .

1. McCoy is currently the #2. If something were to happen to Kap Daniels would not be taking over as the starter.

2. Our playbook is fairly comprehensive and we can't expect Skelton to pick up all the nuances in a week or two.

3. The team likely expects Daniels to clear waivers so they can sign him to the PS.

4. Once Skelton is up to speed with the playbook, McCoy likely gets released and Daniels added back to the 53 man.

5. Are we seriously concerned about potentially losing our 3rd string QB? He was the LEAST LIKELY player on the roster to step foot on the field this year. He's also not all that unique. He's a mobile QB with issues with accuracy. I have a feeling we might be able to find one of them again next year if we must.

As for adding Cunningham (with respect to getting rid of Johnson), I would imagine it's because the team didn't anticipate losing Aldon Smith indefinitely. He's apparently out for at least a month with his rehab, then faces a suspension that could be up to another 4 games. We have 3 OLBs on the roster before adding Cunningham, two of which have done exactly nothing to establish themselves at this point in the NFL (not that Cunningham has, but still, depth).

I have no issue with either of these roster moves.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. McCoy is currently the #2. If something were to happen to Kap Daniels would not be taking over as the starter.

2. Our playbook is fairly comprehensive and we can't expect Skelton to pick up all the nuances in a week or two.

3. The team likely expects Daniels to clear waivers so they can sign him to the PS.

4. Once Skelton is up to speed with the playbook, McCoy likely gets released and Daniels added back to the 53 man.

5. Are we seriously concerned about potentially losing our 3rd string QB? He was the LEAST LIKELY player on the roster to step foot on the field this year. He's also not all that unique. He's a mobile QB with issues with accuracy. I have a feeling we might be able to find one of them again next year if we must.

As for adding Cunningham (with respect to getting rid of Johnson), I would imagine it's because the team didn't anticipate losing Aldon Smith indefinitely. He's apparently out for at least a month with his rehab, then faces a suspension that could be up to another 4 games. We have 3 OLBs on the roster before adding Cunningham, two of which have done exactly nothing to establish themselves at this point in the NFL (not that Cunningham has, but still, depth).

I'm just not a McCoy fan.....AT ALL. Our season is likely over if Kap goes down for an extended period of time with any of our back-up QBs. I'd rather have someone with the potential (and I stress potential) to improve vs two guys that are best suited for holding a clipboard. If #4 plays out, I'm fine with that.

I have no issues with the DL move.

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#4 sounds like what could possibly happen...

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't love these moves, don't hate them. A bit disappointed we're giving up on Daniels, but so it goes. The odds of him becoming even a solid backup were always slim, but I like the idea of a third string QB with some upside, and Daniels had that. Not a big fan of Skelton, but I trust Harbaugh with QBs, so we'll see.

well put.....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't Smith gets suspended. I think the NFL will look at it that he has already missed 3-4 games. I think it was a good decision to leave the team because it shows that he wants to get better. I would be shocked to see the NFL suspend him another 2-4 games.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't Smith gets suspended. I think the NFL will look at it that he has already missed 3-4 games. I think it was a good decision to leave the team because it shows that he wants to get better. I would be shocked to see the NFL suspend him another 2-4 games.

Just because he missed games does not mean he won't get suspended. Remember he is still getting paid even though he is not playing. Loss of wages is the penalty that affects the individual not loss of playing time

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: We'll find out in 90 minutes or so, but hearing that at least one team is interested in BJ Daniels. Raiders? Seahawks? We shall see.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to think that his decision to check into rehab would soften Goodell's suspension slap. What probably was 2-4 games is now likely a 1-2 game suspension to kick off the 2014 season. I'm sure Goodell is happy and proud that he went to rehab, but he can't let the kid off the hook because of it. Even though he got it down to reckless driving the first time, this is his second DUI incident and if Goodell has shown anything with his history of suspensions it is that he will sometimes let the 1st one slide but the 2nd time you're missing a few games.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: We'll find out in 90 minutes or so, but hearing that at least one team is interested in BJ Daniels. Raiders? Seahawks? We shall see.

Raiders wouldn't surprise me... especially after what Dennis Allen said about Flynn.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why risk losing Daniels. Especially for a turd like Skelton.

do not understand Daniels would be great for the practice sqaud, doubt he makes there without getting nabbed..

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why risk losing Daniels. Especially for a turd like Skelton.

do not understand Daniels would be great for the practice sqaud, doubt he makes there without getting nabbed..

In order for the Niners to place Daniels in PS, they have to waive him first, then he needs to clear waivers, then they can put him in PS.. So in order to place him in PS, they have to gamble on him clearing waivers