• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Damarri Mathis

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about this young man... He appeared on pace as a rookie to turn into a very fine CB for us.. He looked like he was on the verge of being a dependable starter opposite Surtain... Then things changed his second year. He suddenly couldn't tackle which was a strong point the year before. What happened? We went through a coaching change of course but it was more then that. He is going to face a stiffer challenge this year. When he was benched for Moreau he never made an impact on special teams which also hurts him. McMillian leap frogged him and others last year and seems to have that slot role all but sured up going into this year. We signed Levi Wallace, Riley Moss is going into his second season and had a good start to camp before missing most of it with the injury. Moss did well on special teams to end the season and his defensive snaps started to slowly climb late in the year. Now we have Abrams-Draine in the mix as well. Can Mathis revert back to his rookie year where he looked like he was going to be a heck of a find for us in Round 4??? Or is he going to be someone Evero is plucking off the waiver wire during finals cuts? Reminds me a bit of Michael Ojemudia's start as a Bronco where it just went downhill after his rookie season, only Mathis has been healthy. The good thing is we aren't FULL depending on him like we were last year but I still hold onto hope that he could be a major bonus and show us in year 3 what he showed us in year 1... Let's stay away from year 2 Damarri!

1714444477257.png

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was really bad last year

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds Evero claims him if he does end up getting cut?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for Mathis .. I remember talking with a customer at the shop about Mathis - this customer went to Pitt, and he said both Mathis and Kenny Pickett are the real deal ( ... )

I'm rooting for him, but is doesn't look good at this point ... I think Mathis can turn it around

And nothing personal towards Damarri Mathis ( or Knowshon Moreno, a favorite of mine ) but I tend to cringe when I see the #27 being worn ....

You can't retire 'em all, but 27 should be set aside

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you Spirit. I personally like that Denver doens't retire many numbers. As a STL Cardinals baseball fan it is annoying when most of your players start to wear #'s in the 50's and 60's. They have two single digit numbers that aren't retired. Blah!

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to say what happened to Mathis, but it is very difficult to bounce back from the type of season he had. Hope he does, but he is more likely to be cut IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence Mathis is going to bounce back and make the roster. He may not start like it looked like after a good rookie year but I think he makes it. Although he is good on special teams I think eventually we free up some money with Tremon Smith's release.

Pat Surtain
Ja'Quan McMillian
Riley Moss
Levi Wallace
Damarri Mathis
Kris Abrams-Draine

I think we keep 6 CB's... Payton has a history of keeping a lot of DB's which bodes well for a DB whore like myself. ;)