• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dalton > Newton

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say they won't ever be good. Says you. And as far as Luck he is no sure thing. I remember a guy by the name of Ryan Leaf who was supposed to be as good as if not better than Peyton Manning. How did that work out.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were people saying Leaf wasn't accurate enough. He had detractors. Luck has none. Not one. Guys like Newton bust FAR mote often than guys like Luck. You can't just pick one guy as an example and say Luck isn't a sure thing just because Leaf busted. Leaf was a moron with a bad attitude. Luck has everything you could want.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lots of first round picks that bust. Newton may be one of them but you can't say he has no chance to be great because he does. Just as Luck has a chance to bust just like everyone. Luck isn't as good a prospect as Bradford IMO.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be, if not for Bradfords injury issues he is one of the top QB prospects ever to come out.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton may have all the physical tools, but he simply doesn't seem to have it between the ears. There is a reason he never called a play in college, and why they told him the "hot" WR route, and then if he was covered he was to run...in NCAA you can do that. At the NFL level, it won't work.

Could he learn to read defenses? We'll find out. I wouldn't put my money on it, though. The NFL is not where you go to learn how to read defenses. That's what college is for.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like everyonbe said, he is a running back at the QB position. He will probably gain 1000 yards rushing, but he may be lucky to throw for 1500 yards.

:rofl:

he's over halfway there in two games!
second most passing yards through two games since the merger in 1970

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton may have all the physical tools, but he simply doesn't seem to have it between the ears. There is a reason he never called a play in college, and why they told him the "hot" WR route, and then if he was covered he was to run...in NCAA you can do that. At the NFL level, it won't work.

Could he learn to read defenses? We'll find out. I wouldn't put my money on it, though. The NFL is not where you go to learn how to read defenses. That's what college is for.

:loco2:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

he's over halfway there in two games!
second most passing yards through two games since the merger in 1970

Yeah, he is doing well. I am impressed he has thrown for so many yards, but he has also what 4 or 5 INT's already also? The name of the game is to win and to hold on to the ball. Carolina really needs to get a more balanced offense if Cam is going to have a chance of succeeding. They cannot continue to force him to throw so much with his ability to turn the ball over in the air.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he is doing well. I am impressed he has thrown for so many yards, but he has also what 4 or 5 INT's already also? The name of the game is to win and to hold on to the ball. Carolina really needs to get a more balanced offense if Cam is going to have a chance of succeeding. They cannot continue to force him to throw so much with his ability to turn the ball over in the air.

Exactly. They won't win many games with Newton as the leading rusher