• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Draft thread

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell the Rams offense knew our defense just on how the DL set up.
So what's your point? Are you saying the Rams pulled a spygate on the Cowboys similar to what New England is famous for?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, Pollard will win the Slot position. If not in 19 by 2020 he is the primary guy in that spot.
If he doesn't will you own up to this prediction in a later post?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"scotsman" is too chicken-shit to respond to any of my posts so he gives me a facepalm symbol like the coward that he is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling it now, Pollard will win the Slot position. If not in 19 by 2020 he is the primary guy in that spot.
Maybe. I wasn't thinking FT slot guy like Beasley or another WR. I'm thinking more 5 snaps per game he lines up there. I don't think he is supposed to be a good enough receiver to be a FT slot guy (disclaimer: based only on what I'm reading). It's a different skill set to be a FT receiver.

I think if he plays he will be more a RB that goes in motion to the slot or lines up in the slot once in a while with Zeke in the backfield or an empty set or catches dump offs as a RB or stacked on the outside where he can get space. But I think he will be considered a RB. Maybe kind of a Sproles type guy the way he is moved around. What I do think will come from the slot (which is what I was trying to say) are his most explosive plays if he has them. That is when we can really get him out into space. Instead of a 3rd and 10 screen to Zeke that has zero chance, at least a 3 yard slant to him from the slot will have a chance to go for a first down.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I wasn't thinking FT slot guy like Beasley or another WR. I'm thinking more 5 snaps per game he lines up there. I don't think he is supposed to be a good enough receiver to be a FT slot guy (disclaimer: based only on what I'm reading). It's a different skill set to be a FT receiver.

I think if he plays he will be more a RB that goes in motion to the slot or lines up in the slot once in a while with Zeke in the backfield or an empty set or catches dump offs as a RB or stacked on the outside where he can get space. But I think he will be considered a RB. Maybe kind of a Sproles type guy the way he is moved around. What I do think will come from the slot (which is what I was trying to say) are his most explosive plays if he has them. That is when we can really get him out into space. Instead of a 3rd and 10 screen to Zeke that has zero chance, at least a 3 yard slant to him from the slot will have a chance to go for a first down.
Randall Cobb will be the slot receiver in my opinion. The guy runs great routes and has some burst upfield.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb will be the slot receiver in my opinion. The guy runs great routes and has some burst upfield.
Agree, barring injury Cobb will be the slot guy and I think he is going to be good there for us. I never liked him on the outside and there is no use for him here on the outside IMO. But Cobb only signed a one year deal.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, barring injury Cobb will be the slot guy and I think he is going to be good there for us. I never liked him on the outside and there is no use for him here on the outside IMO. But Cobb only signed a one year deal.
This was a good deal for the Cowboys. Cobb is only 28 and the only knock against him has been durability issues so a one year deal makes sense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are running zeke into the ground. We now have two legit backs behind him. I hope to see a combo of zeke and pollard at times to keep defenses guessing. I realize that would mean garrot would have to add a few new plays to the offense for this to happen though.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can say that in 2018 I saw much more 3 TE sets than I ever wanted to see. I still need an explanation as to why we ran out 3 of our weakest links on offense so often. Mindboggling to me, and only when Jarwin had his one good game did it seem to work.
As for personnel groupings, need to see more 2 back or 1 back + jet sweep motion. Save jumbo packages for that 4th and short or goal to go situation in each game that you got to have. I hope OC Moore will have plenty of input to modernize our playbook using the tactics he was successful using at the collegiate level in Boise. Set teams up with 'tells', then pull the rug out from under them in critical moments.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try growing up and stop acting like an asshole
Oh you respond with a childish remark. What are you, a 10 year old posting on your mother's computer? Try posting something intelligent once in awhile.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys are running zeke into the ground. We now have two legit backs behind him. I hope to see a combo of zeke and pollard at times to keep defenses guessing. I realize that would mean garrot would have to add a few new plays to the offense for this to happen though.
I agree but Zeke is still our bread and butter player and needs to get as many carries as he can.