• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Defense Is it for real?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah...let's tap the brakes on this defense a little. It's been two games against two struggling Offenses. We still haven't proven to even be the best defense in our own division let alone in the same discussion as the '85 Bears...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first time in forever that I am relaxed when the defense is on the field, and not, when the offense is.

well....excited to see um on the field. LOL

I think most reasonable cowboy fans understand it's a small sample size.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....excited to see um on the field. LOL

I think most reasonable cowboy fans understand it's a small sample size.

Don't rain on my joy LOL. I know it is a small sample size, but it has been soo bad for so many years, it is nice to see improvement. Let's send Seattle to 0-3 and send them a 3rd for Thomas.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m as bad as anyone thinking about this defense. It was wierd in preseason vs Cincinatti - Dak was running one of his perfect 8-10 minute drives, and I was like can you please hurry up and score or do whatever. I was ready to see the defense. As talented as I think we are on that side of the ball - they still have to gain experience and grow. I guess I just see a pass rush finally and part of that was blitzing the other night. Our CBs though look good. Best group since 2008ish IMO with Newman , Henry , PAC Man. Maybe I’m off a little in them. I will say I have never seen a group of LBs with this potential in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire defensive line is gay?
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

With Woods were aren't really undersized. In short yardage with him at the 1 and Ross at the 3 and Crawford and D Law at DE I think we have changed the idea that we are undersized.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I have never seen a group of LBs with this potential in Dallas.
funny you say that.

the last across the board LB group...and by that I mean the entire starting (3) LB's just might be Howley, Jordan, and Dave Edwards. :eek:

jimmy had role playing limited number of years kinda players. Lee Roy, Howley and Edwards played darn near every down for 8 plus years as a group. I SURE LIKE the direction this thing seems to of turned with this years group....which has a lot to do with Jaylon. His development to getting more himself is exciting to watch. I sure missed last year on how far he would develop last season while most of you thought two years.....all I know is I'm happy to see what I'm seeing thus far.

the radio talking heads made an interesting observation today. They said the Cowboys were all about the rookie 1st round draft pick getting snaps at middle and perhaps Jaylon would see a lot of snaps at sam. NOW it sure appears Smith's play (his drops in coverage have been outstanding, many times 40 plus yards downfield) has them thinking (at this time) more about the rookie spelling Lee (like last week) and keeping Lee upright with a little less snaps. I think it's hard to say after two weeks. Lee has looked every bit the 30 year old guy the first two weeks. I think he's had his preseason and more downhill reaction plays for behind the LOS are coming. Either way....it's sure looking good thus far.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny you say that.

the last across the board LB group...and by that I mean the entire starting (3) LB's just might be Howley, Jordan, and Dave Edwards. :eek:

jimmy had role playing limited number of years kinda players. Lee Roy, Howley and Edwards played darn near every down for 8 plus years as a group. I SURE LIKE the direction this thing seems to of turned with this years group....which has a lot to do with Jaylon. His development to getting more himself is exciting to watch. I sure missed last year on how far he would develop last season while most of you thought two years.....all I know is I'm happy to see what I'm seeing thus far.

the radio talking heads made an interesting observation today. They said the Cowboys were all about the rookie 1st round draft pick getting snaps at middle and perhaps Jaylon would see a lot of snaps at sam. NOW it sure appears Smith's play (his drops in coverage have been outstanding, many times 40 plus yards downfield) has them thinking (at this time) more about the rookie spelling Lee (like last week) and keeping Lee upright with a little less snaps. I think it's hard to say after two weeks. Lee has looked every bit the 30 year old guy the first two weeks. I think he's had his preseason and more downhill reaction plays for behind the LOS are coming. Either way....it's sure looking good thus far.

We have had some good LBs no doubt. I never got to see that group play. I actually like all of our top 5 LBs now. Apparently Lee sat out of practice today with his hamstring- just as precaution supposedly but we will see.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah...let's tap the brakes on this defense a little. It's been two games against two struggling Offenses. We still haven't proven to even be the best defense in our own division let alone in the same discussion as the '85 Bears...
No it's not, but the hypothetical being discussed is this very good group staying healthy, getting back Irving and Gregory, and trading for Earl Thomas. That would mean Sean Lee plays all year, and you add a future HOF(Thomas), a guy with Pro Bowl ability (Irving) and a guy with double digit sack ability(Gregory) as well as Datone Jones, who is a solid DT expected back this week. I don't think that's the 85 Bears, but it's as good as anyone today...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt for weeks that after we play them they may be more willing to deal him and I wasn't even contemplating an 0-3 start. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a trade goes down in the next week or two. BUT,,,he was worth a 2nd for 16 games. What is he worth for 13 or less games?

Could be that they didn't want to trade ET before we play them because of his knowledge of the seahawks. Really had not thought about that aspect till now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be that they didn't want to trade ET before we play them because of his knowledge of the seahawks. Really had not thought about that aspect till now.

I'd be extremely surprised if Seattle does an about face and trades ET3, even if they fall to 0-3. During this whole ordeal Seattle/Pete Carroll has taken the posture that they are not going to allow the player to dictate the terms. Short of someone offering up a 1st round pick, I don't see Carroll budging on this issue. I think all parties involved are going to ride this one out to the bitter end.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While that is part of it, my angle isn't as much because of his knowledge of the Seahawks because Richard has that. It's more so based on which tunnel he runs out of and which team he helps this week. Every game in the NFL is huge. If you look at these two teams this week we are about even. Take ET off of Sea and put him on Dallas and we are clear favorites. Since it's only week 3 if I'm Sea I hold out until after that week before trading him to Dallas unless the offer was too good to pass up :2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not, but the hypothetical being discussed is this very good group staying healthy, getting back Irving and Gregory, and trading for Earl Thomas. That would mean Sean Lee plays all year, and you add a future HOF(Thomas), a guy with Pro Bowl ability (Irving) and a guy with double digit sack ability(Gregory) as well as Datone Jones, who is a solid DT expected back this week. I don't think that's the 85 Bears, but it's as good as anyone today...
Agree, but even with those guys I can't put this group near the Rams or Vikings. Get the same pressure with just 4 guys and get some turnovers and do it against better teams for half a season and then I'll be with you.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SURE LIKE the direction this thing seems to of turned with this years group....which has a lot to do with Jaylon. His development to getting more himself is exciting to watch. I sure missed last year on how far he would develop last season while most of you thought two years.....all I know is I'm happy to see what I'm seeing thus far.

the radio talking heads made an interesting observation today. They said the Cowboys were all about the rookie 1st round draft pick getting snaps at middle and perhaps Jaylon would see a lot of snaps at sam. NOW it sure appears Smith's play (his drops in coverage have been outstanding, many times 40 plus yards downfield) has them thinking (at this time) more about the rookie spelling Lee (like last week) and keeping Lee upright with a little less snaps.

Agreed.

Jaylon Smith regaining his old athletic form is the single biggest development on the team this year thus far -- even more so than the emergence of Jones and Awuzie at CB, IMO. Smith can do it all in the middle of the field. I wonder if he is fully 100% healthy (looks like it), or if there are still more gains to be made?

Watching J.Smith on Sunday night was special. Whether he was chasing Barkley sideline to sideline, or running with Beckham down the field, Smith was doing things that you just don't see many guys his size do. JMO here but he seems to be playing with full confidence in his leg/knee/foot, and is just reacting instead of thinking where his next step should be.

Can't say enough with how impressed I am with Smith so far.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but even with those guys I can't put this group near the Rams or Vikings. Get the same pressure with just 4 guys and get some turnovers and do it against better teams for half a season and then I'll be with you.

If Randy Gregory can stay healthy and eligible to play, and David Irving comes back and is his usual self, The Dallas Dline will be as good as any in the league. IMO they might even be the best front 4 in football come week 6-7. With everyone healthy and ready to go, Dallas can pressure from both ends and straight up the middle. DLaw is as good of a DE as there is in football right now. Irving when on the field dominates, and creates as much pressure from the DT position as anyone -- Aaron Donald included. Not to mention Antwaun Woods surprisingly good play at the 1T so far. If Randy Gregory can manage to stay on the field this year, that will give the front 4 three different guys with elite pass rush ability. Then there is the depth, I'll go ahead and say that I would stack our depth at Dline up with any team in the league. Taco, M.Collins, T.Crawford, D.Armstrong are as good of a group of reserves as you will find around the league. The Cowboys will be able to keep their linemen fresh and not experience huge drop offs in play when the back ups are in. Sure, I am biased, but I really like the construction of this group.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, it's for real not been tested yet and honestly probably won't be tested until Jacksonville on Week 6

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be extremely surprised if Seattle does an about face and trades ET3, even if they fall to 0-3. During this whole ordeal Seattle/Pete Carroll has taken the posture that they are not going to allow the player to dictate the terms. Short of someone offering up a 1st round pick, I don't see Carroll budging on this issue. I think all parties involved are going to ride this one out to the bitter end.

The same with MAck, and the raiders got what they wanted. I hope it happens but without the draft picks involved in the Mack trade.