• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak Prescott

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Jordan Love...and I don't get paid. The Cowboys found Dak in the 4th round, Romo as as UFA. If Jerry told McClay he could draft a QB in round 1 or 2, im betting he could find someone solid. Can't be scared of change
I don't remember you talking much about Jordan Love the last 3 years. So you would have drafted Jordan Love in the 1st round that year at pick #17 with CeeDee still on the board? I'm assuming if I go back to that draft I'd see you praising the pick of CeeDee, I know I was ecstatic about it. I'm no fan of Jerry by any means but this board probably shows as many busts as booms for all of us and the Cowboys drafting has been as good as any even if this last draft looks like a bunch of misses at this early date.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could go either way but the topic seems pointless if Jerry's term for "all in" is the same as everyone else.

Now...could & would Dak play team ball like two year extension for 90m

combined with the 59M for 24...it becomes 150 for 3 years with team friendly 80M guaranteed.

This seem like the best fans could expect. Turn the tables on Dak and be the side thinking shorter term this time around.
So the problem with that is you have 3 cap hell years. You can't really do much to minimize his 2024 cap hit if you extend him two years. The money could be moved around of course but the total cap hit remains. Over those 3 years Dak would have a total cap hit of $186M or an average of $62M per year.

The easiest example to show this would be with no restructure (won't happen of course). So we would be looking at a $59M cap hit this year. $81.5M cap hit in 2025 ($45M plus the $36.5M remaining on his current deal) and $45M for 2026. The money can be kicked back with a restructure, but what does that really gain us? To me if it is being discussed at this point it means maybe moving on is best. I don't see Jerry doing anything other than either a 4 plus year deal which would help the cap or letting him play out the string.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you talking much about Jordan Love the last 3 years. So you would have drafted Jordan Love in the 1st round that year at pick #17 with CeeDee still on the board? I'm assuming if I go back to that draft I'd see you praising the pick of CeeDee, I know I was ecstatic about it. I'm no fan of Jerry by any means but this board probably shows as many busts as booms for all of us and the Cowboys drafting has been as good as any even if this last draft looks like a bunch of misses at this early date.
I pulled a post from early May of four years ago when I said draft Love and let Dan go. I can repost it for you if you like. And yes, even with Lamb on the board. Love destroyed our defense, which was better all year than the D Dak was facing, and Love had a bunch of first and second year WR's when he did it. Dak and Lamb will sign for $80 million a year combined this spring. I think we would have been fine lol

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the problem with that is you have 3 cap hell years. You can't really do much to minimize his 2024 cap hit if you extend him two years. The money could be moved around of course but the total cap hit remains. Over those 3 years Dak would have a total cap hit of $186M or an average of $62M per year.

The easiest example to show this would be with no restructure (won't happen of course). So we would be looking at a $59M cap hit this year. $81.5M cap hit in 2025 ($45M plus the $36.5M remaining on his current deal) and $45M for 2026. The money can be kicked back with a restructure, but what does that really gain us? To me if it is being discussed at this point it means maybe moving on is best. I don't see Jerry doing anything other than either a 4 plus year deal which would help the cap or letting him play out the string.
this is why I don't do cap.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I praised the Lamb pick...because they were KEEPING DAK lmao. I would have taken Love and I just reposted the post for you from 4 years ago. It's a cop out for people to say we can't move off Dak because we would take a step back with a young QB. Want to go through the number of quality QB's drafted the last 4 years since Dak was made the highest paid player in the game?

Burrow
Herbert
Tua
Hurts
Love
Lawrence
Fields
Pickett
Purdy
Stroud
Richardson
Levis

12 guys in 4 years. Not to mention 6-7 quality starters who changed teams in that time. Or the 5 first round talents this draft. Or Lamar Jackson, who wasn't traded, but could have been signed for 2 #1's by anyone. I think I could live with Lamar Jackson for Mazi Smith and this year's #1 lol. I'm sick of hearing parting ways with Dak automatically makes us a scrub team. It's a joke

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pulled a post from early May of four years ago when I said draft Love and let Dan go. I can repost it for you if you like. And yes, even with Lamb on the board. Love destroyed our defense, which was better all year than the D Dak was facing, and Love had a bunch of first and second year WR's when he did it. Dak and Lamb will sign for $80 million a year combined this spring. I think we would have been fine lol

Looks like you were as happy as I was with the Lamb pick. Good thing we didn't select Chaisson
Chaisson or Lamb. Impossible to screw up

After watching us pass on Randy Moss I couldn't get too excited till I saw the pick, but we got this one right. Just a fantastic pick. D would have been nice, but you just can't pass on a lid like Lamb. Great, great pick

There's no way this draft could have gone any better

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 7, 2020 on the Dak Prescott thread. I was actually responding to one of your posts @jarntt lol
Yup. I would have tagged him twice not just once. Then I would have moved on unless his demands were reasonable. Felt that last time and feel it again this time even more.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Dak. Far from it, he's a great kid. But we rolled the dice the last 4 years and we never got past the divisional round. Dak played well this year, but he has lost his mobility. Does he have another level or will he start to fall off by the end of this year or will he be the same? Lamb is about to start making $25 million a year. TJ Watt is making $28 million per so Micah will want $30M annually. Diggs is already making $20 million per. Dak is going to ask for $52-53 million per. If we have 4 players making a combined $130 million per year, can we improve the supporting cast around Dak with the remaining money or will his cast get a little worse? Coming off a rookie class that has netted one good kicker? Keep Parsons, Lamb and Diggs, draft Nix or Penix and in the first round, get rid of Cooper Rush, and let Dak play out this year at $54 million. If Dak gets the team to the NFCCG, feel free to sign him to a new deal. If not, let Lance or Nix give it a go the next year

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was signed a year later. Nothing was certain at that time
The Hell it wasn't. Jerry took Lamb in the first round and didn't take a QB at all. He wasn't moving off of him then just like they aren't moving off of him now. This is a fan board. Saying what you think the team should do is the whole purpose. That said there is doing what you think they should do and then there is commenting on the moves they make when they do what they want to do. I will be rooting for the Boys every second of every game they play. I just don't think it's possible to win a Super Bowl in today's game when you pay the QB $50 million a year and he can't take over games for you

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this does make one year in a row
Yea, my bad, Dak is 2-5 in the playoffs, and not making it 3 other times. If the schema stays the same, maybe they will squeeze out another win in 2 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, my bad, Dak is 2-5 in the playoffs, and not making it 3 other times. If the schema stays the same, maybe they will squeeze out another win in 2 years.
Talking shit when you don't even know the facts makes you look like an idiot. At least know what you are talking shit about

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak IS the problem. Dude did good all year and then shit his pants as soon as the big lights came on, same as Romo.
Until the girls find a QB that isn't afraid to play in big games, get use to losing in the first round of the playoffs every year.
You don't know chit about what goes on with Cowboys. It's not all on the QB.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with that my friend. All I will say is that while Dak was an MVP candidate in the regular season, if you graded the 14 QB's this year that made the postseason on their playoff performance ONLY, he goes from MVP candidate to 12th out of 14....at best
It comes down to team effort in those playoff losses. Green Bay used the "template" out there on how to beat the Cowboys.

It always the running game that kills the Cowboys in playoffs. Cowboys can't run the ball or stop the run.

This is why I would draft OL in round one and two. I like some of the young backups. I like Bass as a quality backup. They need a mauler at center badly.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to team effort in those playoff losses. Green Bay used the "template" out there on how to beat the Cowboys.

It always the running game that kills the Cowboys in playoffs. Cowboys can't run the ball or stop the run.

This is why I would draft OL in round one and two. I like some of the young backups. I like Bass as a quality backup. They need a mauler at center badly.
I think OL and defense as well. I think our overall defensive talent is highly overrated. I think we have a great talent in Micah who gets double and triple teamed most plays and a corner in Diggs who can match up one on one with #1 receivers and those two make everyone around them better than they really are. I think Tank, Big Hank and Osi are quality players and Bland could be a good #2 corner, but other than that, the D is super across the board

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit...Philly had to collapse and we tried like heck to give it back.

Look at the Miami, Buffalo and the Detroit games down the back stretch, and tell me again how Green Bay was just the defensive game plan that made us question DQ.

Icing on the cake though.