• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak MVP?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy haters would flip out if Dak won.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-11 without Romo to 11-1. The only thing different is Dak/Zeke. If that doesn't spell Co-MVP, what does?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping the Cowboys beat the giants soundly sunday. time for the dak/zeke era to take over the nfc east. dak needs to continue to not turn ball over and this should be a win

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-11 without Romo to 11-1. The only thing different is Dak/Zeke. If that doesn't spell Co-MVP, what does?
I like that they both seem so dedicated to winning. it's not about stats for them. nothing like this in Dallas since the triplets. the thing about roMO is he turned the ball over too much and forced things too much which loses you a game you should have won.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big challenge for Dak tonight. It will be very cold and possibly icy and/or snowy. It's also been windy here. Add that to the fact that he is facing the only team to have beaten him and shut down the running game and I'm interested to see how he does. We all know how long it took for Romo and the Cowboys to shed the BS "can't win in the cold" tag. We've also heard the Cowboys haven't beaten many teams with a good record. Let's hope we don't have to start hearing those two things all over again. IMO this is going to be a tough spot and our defense and running game are going to have to play well for us to win. I don't see Dak carrying us. But if he gets a few big plays, keeps the turnovers down to one or none and leads us to another game winning drive then that's just another notch in his belt.

Very excited to watch this game tonight.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. While he is playing well for a rookie......the MVP always has much flashier stats than he has. Elliott has a better chance to win the MVP imo and I doubt he'll get it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance. While he is playing well for a rookie......the MVP always has much flashier stats than he has. Elliott has a better chance to win the MVP imo and I doubt he'll get it.
I'm not saying they will run the table, but you don't think if he is 15-1 it gives him enough "flash" if it does happen?

I don't see any player that is a clear front runner this year, so unless someone pulls away it will be a close vote. I think the main reason he won't win it is he and Zeke splitting votes if they both keep on the same general path. All of the "stat" QBs will take votes from each other too. So maybe a guy wins it with only like 25% of the first place votes.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they will run the table, but you don't think if he is 15-1 it gives him enough "flash" if it does happen?

I don't see any player that is a clear front runner this year, so unless someone pulls away it will be a close vote. I think the main reason he won't win it is he and Zeke splitting votes if they both keep on the same general path. All of the "stat" QBs will take votes from each other too. So maybe a guy wins it with only like 25% of the first place votes.

He's currently 17th in yardage......and he'll probably end up with 23-24 passing TD's. That just isn't enough imo. I don't think any MVP has ever had numbers like that.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic case of the QB getting too much credit when they win (and too much blame when they lose). I mean he's having a great year, but give that offense to probably 15-20 other guys in the league and they're still 11-1 or better. I'm not sure Romo wouldn't be 11-1 himself. Probably with slightly more turnovers, but much higher other stats as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic case of the QB getting too much credit when they win (and too much blame when they lose). I mean he's having a great year, but give that offense to probably 15-20 other guys in the league and they're still 11-1 or better. I'm not sure Romo wouldn't be 11-1 himself. Probably with slightly more turnovers, but much higher other stats as well.
"Or Better"!!! LOL...you've raised the moron bar with that one...
let me guess...it's all the OL and Zeke:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently 17th in yardage......and he'll probably end up with 23-24 passing TD's. That just isn't enough imo. I don't think any MVP has ever had numbers like that.
"Ever" you say???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but give that offense to probably 15-20 other guys in the league and they're still 11-1 or better.
another plug and play statement.....madden football type statements

you guys seem to think Dallas fans are all wrapped up in two individual awards. After our last 20 years, you two couldn't be further from the truth.

Poke that stick all you want....11-1 is just that

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who it should to is the Cowboys offensive line, but they'll never do that.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Or Better"!!! LOL...you've raised the moron bar with that one...
let me guess...it's all the OL and Zeke:L

Not all the O-line and Zeke, they're also strong at WR and TE. The Lions are 8-4 right now, and man for man the Cowboys are stronger at every single other position on offense. You don't think better at every position could be 3 more wins?

And yes I do think some QB's could do "or better." I've seen teams go 12-0 before, it's not magic. Dak Prescott might have gone 12-0 himself if he had a few more weeks of preseason to get ready. Tom Brady would have that team 12-0. Russell Wilson has proven it, Drew Brees, there are a couple guys. I never said 15 guys would have done better, although it's not as impossible as you seem to think either.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another plug and play statement.....madden football type statements

you guys seem to think Dallas fans are all wrapped up in two individual awards. After our last 20 years, you two couldn't be further from the truth.

Poke that stick all you want....11-1 is just that

I know most of you couldn't care less about individual rewards as long as the team is winning. But this whole thread IS about individual awards. A specefic individual award in fact. MVP very specefically stands for most valuable player. And most valuable means there can't be 15 other guys who could have done what you did in your situation.

Can he win rookie of the year? Absolutely. Is he already good and possibly going to be great? It sure looks that way. Should Dallas fans be happy as hell to have him on their team? 100% true. Is he this year's MVP? Fuck no!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of you couldn't care less about individual rewards as long as the team is winning. But this whole thread IS about individual awards. A specefic individual award in fact. MVP very specefically stands for most valuable player. And most valuable means there can't be 15 other guys who could have done what you did in your situation.

Can he win rookie of the year? Absolutely. Is he already good and possibly going to be great? It sure looks that way. Should Dallas fans be happy as hell to have him on their team? 100% true. Is he this year's MVP? Fuck no!
Please don't say Stafford :wash: