• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily thread 9/10 - Day shift is slacking.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm -

The Yankees and CBS Radio are close to a deal that would put the Yankees on WFAN starting in 2014, a person familiar with the negotiations told Newsday. The arrangement would bump the Mets off the station that has carried their games since WFAN’s inception in 1987.
The Yankees currently are carried by WCBS Radio. The Mets could go any number of other places as there are no shortage of radio stations in New York.
The report says that John Sterling is likely to stay as the radio voice of the Yankees

Sounds like Suzyn Waldman won't be so lucky.

Which makes all of us very lucky.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen an official announcement, so I am assuming the Sox go with a 6 man rotation for awhile?

It would make sense to give the starters some extra days down the stretch, and start setting up their rotation for the post-season. Am I getting ahead of myself? Maybe, but the Sox had rotation depth issues in September of 2011, and they do not have that now.

I'm hoping the Sox go at least 3-3 in these 6 games against Tampa and the Yanks. If the Sox go 9-8 the last 17 games, Tampa has to go 18-2 or 19-1 to catch them.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm -

The Yankees and CBS Radio are close to a deal that would put the Yankees on WFAN starting in 2014, a person familiar with the negotiations told Newsday. The arrangement would bump the Mets off the station that has carried their games since WFAN’s inception in 1987.
The Yankees currently are carried by WCBS Radio. The Mets could go any number of other places as there are no shortage of radio stations in New York.
The report says that John Sterling is likely to stay as the radio voice of the Yankees

Just another case of the Yankees trying to be the bully of the block.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen an official announcement, so I am assuming the Sox go with a 6 man rotation for awhile?

It would make sense to give the starters some extra days down the stretch, and start setting up their rotation for the post-season. Am I getting ahead of myself? Maybe, but the Sox had rotation depth issues in September of 2011, and they do not have that now.

I'm hoping the Sox go at least 3-3 in these 6 games against Tampa and the Yanks. If the Sox go 9-8 the last 17 games, Tampa has to go 18-2 or 19-1 to catch them.

The Red Sox will skip Felix Doubront's next scheduled start.
Doubront has logged just 3 2/3 innings in each of his last two starts, and struggled to find the strike zone consistently in each. While they haven't announced that Doubront is completely out of the rotation, that could very well be the case. Clay Buchholz is returning to start Tuesday's series opener against the Rays in Tampa Bay, and will be followed by Ryan Dempster and Jake Peavy.:suds:

Alot depends on what clay does tonight Sox have days off so may not need a 5th SP

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Thursday night football. I wonder if the Jets can do anything against New England? No doubt we're going to know allot more about both teams after this game.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubront has logged just 3 2/3 innings in each of his last two starts, and struggled to find the strike zone consistently in each. While they haven't announced that Doubront is completely out of the rotation, that could very well be the case. Clay Buchholz is returning to start Tuesday's series opener against the Rays in Tampa Bay, and will be followed by Ryan Dempster and Jake Peavy.:suds:

Alot depends on what clay does tonight Sox have days off so may not need a 5th SP

I like your answer better than Rocket's, and, I am hopeful for a good and healthy return of Buchholz to the Sox rotation.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Thursday night football. I wonder if the Jets can do anything against New England? No doubt we're going to know allot more about both teams after this game.

They are already breaking out the Thursday games? Too much football too soon I say.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://twitter.com/PadresMikeDee/status/377476353953501184[/ame]

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are already breaking out the Thursday games? Too much football too soon I say.

1st game of season has been on thursday for a few years now:suds:

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the update IceMan. I did not know Douby was out for the moment.

A lot could also depend on the Sox division situation. I am of the belief that you give your starters the extra rest when necessary. I would rather have well rested starters for the playoffs, then continue pushing them start after start through the end of the season.

With a 40 man roster, and the Sox a good week away from wrapping up the division, I would start skipping turns in the rotation over the final 2 weeks. At least give the starters a break (7 or 8 days)before their last start of the regular season.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I think this is the first year that NFL Network is picking up the Thursday games prior to week 9 or 10.

As long as there is still Thursday night basbeall, then, it is not all bad then.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man, i've been doin science shit all day

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss anything important

bravesfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm fasting every september since 2011. no fried chicken for me.

no fuckin way i quit beer

I had fried chicken this morning....yeah that's how i live

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update IceMan. I did not know Douby was out for the moment.

A lot could also depend on the Sox division situation. I am of the belief that you give your starters the extra rest when necessary. I would rather have well rested starters for the playoffs, then continue pushing them start after start through the end of the season.

With a 40 man roster, and the Sox a good week away from wrapping up the division, I would start skipping turns in the rotation over the final 2 weeks. At least give the starters a break (7 or 8 days)before their last start of the regular season.

This i disagree with Every year its seems its the hot team that does something in the playoffs and the rested teams crap the bed Much rather see sox playing meaningful games the last week than in coast mode:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Juan Uribe manage to hit those 3 homers last night?

Gotta be the Chronic. Check out the hat in his locker.

juanuribe.jpg

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This i disagree with Every year its seems its the hot team that does something in the playoffs and the rested teams crap the bed Much rather see sox playing meaningful games the last week than in coast mode:suds:

I am not saying to rest them in the final week. I am saying to rest them going into their final start of the season in that final week. They will be strong in that final start heading into the playoffs.

Just my theory.