• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily thread 9/10 - Day shift is slacking.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. I squeezed out a HUGE turd back in 2002, and since then when I go for a prostate exam the doctor asks if I ever spent time in prison.

This was not meant to say that I think kids are turds. I have 2 liitle ones, and they are the best.

I just wanted to clear that up!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reverse psychology

the baseball gods woudlnt do that to me again?

would they?

Bard is gone, Beckett is gone, Papelbon is gone

Where does Robert Andino play?[/QUOTE]

In Indianapolis in AAA, for the Pirates Org. For the one peroson in the world not related to him that may be curious.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Girardi and Buck get into it last night, BigD? I wanted a manager brawl.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Girardi and Buck get into it last night, BigD? I wanted a manager brawl.

I did not. I am reading a lot about it today. I guess there was accusations of sign stealing from one or more bench coaches.

3 words.

Steel

Cage

Match

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not. I am reading a lot about it today. I guess there was accusations of sign stealing from one or more bench coaches.

3 words.

Steel

Cage

Match

Related -

I was sad there was no Mark McGwire / Kirk Gibson showdown from their dust up a month of so ago. That would have been epic.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a great game. Few things in life are more enjoyable than going to a ball game, kicking back with your beverage, and enjoying the game. But there are certain things that happen at ball games that are just plain dumb. I mean foolish, annoying, and should be punished. Here are ten of them, Letterman style.

10. Booing a throw to first base. Do you boo when an opposing player gets a base hit, or throws out a runner? Then why boo when their pitcher just wants to keep the runner close? It's part of the game. Deal with it! Penalty: one shot.

9. Throwing a home run ball back on the field. That one works real well for the Cubs, doesn't it? So you want to imitate Cubs fans. They're just going to give the ball to another fan, so just keep it. Besides, anyone throwing objects onto the field should be ejected, arrested, and persecuted.

8. Changing your guess in the attendance quiz. They show four numbers, and you pick one. Your number is taken off the board, so you pick another one. And if that's right, you act like you had the right answer. As if it even mattered. You probably root for a donut to outrun a cup of coffee too, don't you? Penalty: two shots.

7. The wave. Look, it's not the 80's any more. Sit your ass down and watch the game. Penalty: Serve 90 days as Rob's personal pitch counter.

6. Booing a player on your own team. Give the guy a break, he's doing the best he can. Note that booing the manager for putting a lousy player in the game is perfectly okay. Penalty: dinner at Taco bell with Jim Leyland.

5. Waving one of those stupid foam fingers. Self explanatory. StOOpid with two O's. Penalty: a single digit salute.

4. Leaving early. If it's a close game, what dig you go to the game for? If not, just stay and beat the traffic.

3. Yelling "balk" on a pick off throw to second base. It's not a balk, you dunce! Don't yell out the rules if you don't know them. Penalty: go sit in the nose bleeds.

2. Rooting for the Yankees. If you don't come from New York, just root for your home team. Jumping on the bandwagon by rooting for the team with the most money is pretentious and makes you a phony, not cool. If you come from New York, go back there! Penalty: a subway ride through Central Park after the game.

1. Interfering with a fair ball in play. This is the worst of all, because it may impact the outcome of the game. If you can't tell the difference between a fair ball and a foul ball, then you shouldn't be allowed to sit in the front row. Penalty: shot.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HeavyD I agree with #2 but this goes for many more fan bases than the Yankees.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HeavyD I agree with #2 but this goes for many more fan bases than the Yankees.

Agreed, of course. However, they seem to have the most offending participants, so.......

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about thundersticks? See that more at basketball now adays, but never understood why teams thought that was a good idea. "Hey let's give all our fans things that will obstruct the view of the people behind them!"

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Rooting for the Yankees. If you don't come from New York, just root for your home team. Jumping on the bandwagon by rooting for the team with the most money is pretentious and makes you a phony, not cool. If you come from New York, go back there! Penalty: a subway ride through Central Park after the game.

Haven't they already been punished enough by a: having to watch the Yankees and b: not having a good enough team to root for if they are low enough to actually start rooting for the Yankees?

Also, if they are crazy enough to pay for parking, they just ate about $35, and good luck getting over the GW Bridge and/or the Cross Bronx Expwy.

If they didn't drive, they then had to endure a train ride through the Bronx.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slowo-sexy-gif-o.gif

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about booing/yelling balk at the fake to first and spin to 3rd trick that works once every 1000 attempts?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about booing/yelling balk at the fake to first and spin to 3rd trick that works once every 1000 attempts?

They did away with that play, starting this year.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about thundersticks? See that more at basketball now adays, but never understood why teams thought that was a good idea. "Hey let's give all our fans things that will obstruct the view of the people behind them!"

Good call on the thundersticks. I forgot about them, as you don't see them that often in baseball anymore.

Thank goodness.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a great game. Few things in life are more enjoyable than going to a ball game, kicking back with your beverage, and enjoying the game. But there are certain things that happen at ball games that are just plain dumb. I mean foolish, annoying, and should be punished. Here are ten of them, Letterman style.

I have something that is even dumber than all of those on your list, BigD:

Buying a ticket to a baseball game.

It is bad enough the price of a ticket is enormous, but they need to have an ATM next to the concession stands. That is the next stupidest thing on my list.

Call me cheap, but when I take the wife and kids to a game, we pack our own lunch, and bring juice boxes for the kids. I sat in the CF bleachers at Citi Field this season at $35 a pop. I take the family (and in laws) to a Sox spring training game, and it costs me $8 a ticket.