• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily thread 9/10 - Day shift is slacking.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember that scene in Bloodsport where Dux was fighting that gold tooth guy, who was on the mat, Dux was about to punch him and he pretended to be knocked out?

That was hammer after getting called on it yesterday

Cept he never tried to get back up

Cept I have a life and don't care, not to mention that the video doesn't exist and you know that.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have something that is even dumber than all of those on your list, BigD:

Buying a ticket to a baseball game.

It is bad enough the price of a ticket is enormous, but they need to have an ATM next to the concession stands. That is the next stupidest thing on my list.

Call me cheap, but when I take the wife and kids to a game, we pack our own lunch, and bring juice boxes for the kids. I sat in the CF bleachers at Citi Field this season at $35 a pop. I take the family (and in laws) to a Sox spring training game, and it costs me $8 a ticket.

While fully agreeing that it is far too expensive to attend games much anymore, there was a reason, maybe not good, for me to not include this.

It's because I am a ticket snob.

It was the worst thing for me to be able to sit in fully stocked and funded luxury boxes for games, as it has runined me on any other baseball experience. That, and also getting to sit a bunch of times within the first 10 rows from the field.

I'm spoiled, and I admit it.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have something that is even dumber than all of those on your list, BigD:

Buying a ticket to a baseball game.

It is bad enough the price of a ticket is enormous, but they need to have an ATM next to the concession stands. That is the next stupidest thing on my list.

Call me cheap, but when I take the wife and kids to a game, we pack our own lunch, and bring juice boxes for the kids. I sat in the CF bleachers at Citi Field this season at $35 a pop. I take the family (and in laws) to a Sox spring training game, and it costs me $8 a ticket.

At the Jake we cant bring in anything other than a seat cushion. Chicks can bring a handbag but theyre checked for 'contraband' (water etc)...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Jake we cant bring in anything other than a seat cushion. Chicks can bring a handbag but theyre checked for 'contraband' (water etc)...

The NFL, starting this year, is only allowing clear plastic bags for games. And, not just ziplock type, but, for a woman, your "purse" has to be clear now as well.

Naturally, they are selling 5-6 acceptable styles on their web site........

Something about a few rotten eggs ruining things for everyone....

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While fully agreeing that it is far too expensive to attend games much anymore, there was a reason, maybe not good, for me to not include this.

Same here. Sec 160 RowP (6 up from the home team dugout). $65 a pop. Add in parking, beer, water, soda, snacks...easily a C-note per head. Which is why we dont go very often

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, starting this year, is only allowing clear plastic bags for games. And, not just ziplock type, but, for a woman, your "purse" has to be clear now as well.

Seen that. Now women are terrorists concealing some small weapon of destruction? :L

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the worst thing for me to be able to sit in fully stocked and funded luxury boxes for games, as it has runined me on any other baseball experience. That, and also getting to sit a bunch of times within the first 10 rows from the field.

I'm spoiled, and I admit it.

Agreed.

I am going to the Phillies game tonight and sitting in a corporate box. All you can eat all you can drink.

People try to give me tickets now and I am like well where are they. I sound like douche but going back to those other seats just suck.

Was just in the MetLife suite at the Ol' MedowLands for the PSU/CUSE game. Top shelf liquor, buffett spread, all for free.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm -

The Yankees and CBS Radio are close to a deal that would put the Yankees on WFAN starting in 2014, a person familiar with the negotiations told Newsday. The arrangement would bump the Mets off the station that has carried their games since WFAN’s inception in 1987.
The Yankees currently are carried by WCBS Radio. The Mets could go any number of other places as there are no shortage of radio stations in New York.
The report says that John Sterling is likely to stay as the radio voice of the Yankees

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta stay one step ahead!

Attachments

• tflask.jpg
    tflask.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy all my tickets for the year at the stadium box office the first game I go to. It sorta works out to be a quarter season ticket and pretty much assures we get the seats we want to just about any game. If you're ever watching highlights of a HR to left field at Petco, look for a guy in the front row who dresses up as Rollie Fingers and we sit about 10 seats down from him. We never buy anything inside the stadium. If it's a night game, we get loaded before the game and sober up for the drive home or if it's a day game, we leave and go to to the Gaslamp to get drunk and wait for downtown traffic to clear out. And buying at the box office assures no bullshit ticketmaster fees.

Floffman

Tailor Suit and Satchel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buy all my tickets for the year at the stadium box office the first game I go to. It sorta works out to be a quarter season ticket and pretty much assures we get the seats we want to just about any game. If you're ever watching highlights of a HR to left field at Petco, look for a guy in the front row who dresses up as Rollie Fingers and we sit about 10 seats down from him. We never buy anything inside the stadium. If it's a night game, we get loaded before the game and sober up for the drive home or if it's a day game, we leave and go to to the Gaslamp to get drunk and wait for downtown traffic to clear out. And buying at the box office assures no bullshit ticketmaster fees.

Watching your boys tonight in Philly

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching your boys tonight in Philly

I saw that. You get to watch Andrew Cashner, who many are predicting big things for. Since he's starting the Padres will either not score or score a max of one run.

The Padres just got to third place in the division and it would sure be nice to see them stay there til the end.

Who is this Tyler Cloyd? A Sept. 1 call-up?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Patriots fans, the Patriots @ Bills game is being replayed on NFL Network right now. I'm sure you're dying to watch that stunning performance again.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Patriots fans, the Patriots @ Bills game is being replayed on NFL Network right now. I'm sure you're dying to watch that stunning performance again.

Please vid capture the Kraft celebration and post it. Thanks.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. You get to watch Andrew Cashner, who many are predicting big things for. Since he's starting the Padres will either not score or score a max of one run.

The Padres just got to third place in the division and it would sure be nice to see them stay there til the end.

Who is this Tyler Cloyd? A Sept. 1 call-up?

Cloyd was a late call up LAST year. He was called up to replace Hamels last year. He was also up for a month early this year. He seems to be nothing more than a roster filler and injury replacement.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please vid capture the Kraft celebration and post it. Thanks.

"Hammer is obsessed with the Kraft celebration. It's Tuesday and he's still bringing it up." - Cereal