• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daily Mercythread; Come into my parlour, Redsoxworrld...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't ESPN give the magic # in its standings? :gaah:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't ESPN give the magic # in its standings? :gaah:

???

However, after checking a place that does list this, if you are lucky enough to have a number now, your number is either 4 or 7.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#stillnotcountingchickens

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney can be so annoying. Does he really think we follow him on Twiiter for this? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#stillnotcountingchickens

Funny how I am usually the negitive/pessimistic one.........

Still, with some rather epic collapses by other teams in recent years, I guess I understand the concern. However, for the Sox to slide all the way out of the playoff picture, it would take an unheard of and historicly epic fail. For the team, my guess is that they have already printed playoff tickets.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are now finally at the end point of the season, which means it is time again for a fun little MLB player game.

Called, "Who the hell is."

From today's lineup card, I find today's contestant.

Playing 1B for the Padres today, I give you Mr. Tommy Medica.

So, Hammer, who the hell is Tommy Medica?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are now finally at the end point of the season, which means it is time again for a fun little MLB player game.

Called, "Who the hell is."

From today's lineup card, I find today's contestant.

Playing 1B for the Padres today, I give you Mr. Tommy Medica.

So, Hammer, who the hell is Tommy Medica?

Top prospect from one of the Tuscon or San Antonio (can't remember). Hit HR in his MLB debut off Cliff Lee and is off to a very fast start. He's back in the lineup tonight.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I myself like him, this type of info is just unnecessary. IMO, like twitter, facebook, et al is also unnecessary....

Twitter is a great source for exactly the sort of buzz and news you want to hear.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top prospect from one of the Tuscon or San Antonio (can't remember). Hit HR in his MLB debut off Cliff Lee and is off to a very fast start. He's back in the lineup tonight.

Thank you. I was not really expecting you to know and answer, but, at the same time, I am not all all surprised.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is a great source for exactly the sort of buzz and news you want to hear.

That is why I like Rotoworld. They do all the twitter looking for me, weeding out the stuff like you had on Olney, leaving me with baseball only info.

So, if anything, and, like a lot of things, this old guy can not get on board with all of this new-fangled technology.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, I am listening to my 80's oldies off the net. And, on comes the Starships "We built this City".

"Knee deep in the Hoolpa indeed".

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, I am listening to my 80's oldies off the net. And, on comes the Starships "We built this City".

"Knee deep in the Hoolpa indeed".

I was stuck on that album for months when it came out. That summer I had a girlfriend in Memphis named Sarah and listened to that song by them a billion times but my favorite was "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now." I probably still know all the words to that Tens Years and Change album.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stuck on that album for months when it came out. That summer I had a girlfriend in Memphis named Sarah and listened to that song by them a billion times but my favorite was "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now." I probably still know all the words to that Tens Years and Change album.

That was the last album & lineup that I liked. They have done little since, and, I think are now stuck on the county fair circuit.

At least Grace Slick was smart enough to retire.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of popular songs and albums, it made my bones ache today when I saw it has been 35 years since the first Cars record.

:omg: