• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dahl restructures contract

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Whitner is coming back for sure. I would be happy to see Justin Smith, Vernon and Gore all take pay cuts as well.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Whitner is coming back for sure. I would be happy to see Justin Smith, Vernon and Gore all take pay cuts as well.

Justin extended his contract last summer through the 2015 season and in doing so, lowered his cap number...Vernon is coming off one of his best seasons and has not lost a single step so cutting his pay would not be necessary - I wouldnt mind if he extended his contract by a year or two and lowered his cap number by converting some of his salary to a bonus though, and as for Gore, not many RBs his age making the kind of money he is. So Gore seems logical for a pay cut, but as Baalke indicated, they dont feel it may be necessary.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I read something that 49ers may not need to restructure Gore... seems contradictory to trying to lock up Kaep and Iupati long term.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read something that 49ers may not need to restructure Gore... seems contradictory to trying to lock up Kaep and Iupati long term.

I read that somewhere too.

Doesn't seem that smart. Gore really isn't worth that money and that money could be used in other areas of contract extensions or carry over to next year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis does not deserve a pay cut.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe they'll use that excuse to get Kap locked in lower, and then later come back and get Gore to restructure to open up more money for someone else.

Not really convinced about that though if you think about it. Gore really doesn't have much to gain by taking the pay cut to open up a long term deal for someone else. His football window is rapidly closing, and he should be fighting for every dime he can get before riding off into the sunset.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll use that excuse to get Kap locked in lower, and then later come back and get Gore to restructure to open up more money for someone else.

Not really convinced about that though if you think about it. Gore really doesn't have much to gain by taking the pay cut to open up a long term deal for someone else. His football window is rapidly closing, and he should be fighting for every dime he can get before riding off into the sunset.

Restructuring doesn't have to be a paycut, they can move it around, but it would require an extension. Gore would do it if he thought it gave him longer for the same amount plus next year's (2015) base (and more than elsewhere with similar load). But we wouldn't do that to next year's cap, though the base would be lower than this year's.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I want Whitner back. Im still thinking about it. we might be better off going in another direction.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im for one happy Hinter will be back